Indyref 2 (2) - Page 184 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

15 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Is the camper van saga still rumbling on aswell ?

From an independence point of view absolutely nothing positive will come of this. 
Yes Camper van investigation still not concluded, whole thing is a total joke and is as clear  as Ally’s tenement flat washing line view that it’s deliberately being dragged out. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think he's made a couple of statements. 

Should have worded it better, a plan of action or what can be done to save the plant, why does he not come out fighting and call out what it actually is, assist stripping,, I may be wrong but I haven’t seen him come out with any clear plan of action 

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Should have worded it better, a plan of action or what can be done to save the plant, why does he not come out fighting and call out what it actually is, assist stripping,, I may be wrong but I haven’t seen him come out with any clear plan of action 

I don't think anyone had mate. He's come out to say they are working with with owners. Don't think he can do much more at this point.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

From an independence point of view absolutely nothing positive will come of this. 
Yes Camper van investigation still not concluded, whole thing is a total joke and is as clear  as Ally’s tenement flat washing line view that it’s deliberately being dragged out. 

Not too sure of that tbh, there must be something before it’s being dragged out so much, maybe it crosses into other live investigations that is very “sensitive” 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

If and it's a big if salmons won some credibility back.......I'd back him to deliver independence before anyone else

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Interesting anecdote  😂

Were you the obligatory peeping tom… ? 

Not on this occasion

The backstairs close lead down to a landing and then another set of stairs to the ground level

On the landing was a washing line tied to a pole across from it where not only could you put out your washing but you could have a rest from the amount of fucking stairs you had to climb

Think i was going out the back to go and get my chopper

We moved in 1988 - i like to think if we had stayed there i wouldnt be as big now

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not too sure of that tbh, there must be something before it’s being dragged out so much, maybe it crosses into other live investigations that is very “sensitive” 

Might be , though I would bet on it  being a much simpler reason.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If and it's a big if salmons won some credibility back.......I'd back him to deliver independence before anyone else

I would back him to deliver too but I doubt most of the population we are trying to win over would , regardless of the outcome.
I dont think the people needing convinced are interested in whether AS was wronged or not, they want facts , figures, and security . Salmond winning credibility would be at the expense of a SG scandal and massive lack of trust in Scotlands ability to run itself . By anyone. It is absolutely the right thing for truth to be outed even if it does come at this cost, but absolutely nothing positive will be gained for independence. 

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not on this occasion

The backstairs close lead down to a landing and then another set of stairs to the ground level

On the landing was a washing line tied to a pole across from it where not only could you put out your washing but you could have a rest from the amount of fucking stairs you had to climb

Think i was going out the back to go and get my chopper

We moved in 1988 - i like to think if we had stayed there i wouldnt be as big now

😂😂

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

When i was about 13/14 there was a couple that lived in the same tenement building that we did.

They were in their 30s and the guy Peter's mode of transport was a big fancy motorbike and his wife rode on the pillion.

She was a wee smasher with blonde hair and my older cousin said that she was the talk of the boozer when she went in for a drink with her husband.

I asked him if they had seen her without make up as i had when she was putting her washing out on the line and it was eye opening verging on scary

Rosa reminds me of her

🤭

It's a shame poor Mark McDonald didn't know that story, it might have saved his career.

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Might be , though I would bet on it  being a much simpler reason.

I would back him to deliver too but I doubt most of the population we are trying to win over would , regardless of the outcome.
I dont think the people needing convinced are interested in whether AS was wronged or not, they want facts , figures, and security . Salmond winning credibility would be at the expense of a SG scandal and massive lack of trust in Scotlands ability to run itself . By anyone. It is absolutely the right thing for truth to be outed even if it does come at this cost, but absolutely nothing positive will be gained for independence. 

Michael Barrymore was cleared. You will never see him back on mainstream television as mud sticks. Many other examples such as this too. Even if he did manage to somehow get back in a position of power he'd be a piss easy target for unionists and the media.

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Michael Barrymore was cleared. You will never see him back on mainstream television as mud sticks. Many other examples such as this too. Even if he did manage to somehow get back in a position of power he'd be a piss easy target for unionists and the media.

Correct - sadly his career as a leading politician is over

He is still a prominent voice but for Independence it would be better if he moved to the background once, and if, The SNP has a clear out and is rejuvinated (unlikely in the short term)

On 11/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, TDYER63 said:

There's been a lot of airmiles harnessed in the campervan investigation.

On 11/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Toepoke said:

Been going for as long as Holyrood...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Politician_of_the_Year

I remember the curtains being set on fire, I didn’t realise it was at an award ceremony. This honestly is a load of nonsense . If pro independence MP’s won every award I would say the same thing. The only people MP’s are accountable to is the electorate, not the media, particularly these days. Just another excuse for a jolly piss up. 
How do they determine the winners , what criteria do they use ? Look at some of the winners in this category . Ffs  Debaters ? Willie Rennie , Kezia Dugdale 😂

IMG_8267.thumb.png.5ffb846dac7c9f8fc3f4bbf179fcc1dc.png

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Still nothing from humza regarding grangemouth, absolutely bonkers,,,, media trying to pretend nothing has happened either,, extremely strange 

The latter isn't strange at all, knowing the media in this country. They don't want to highlight the issue in case pennies - finally - start dropping with folk.

The former though is strange - the leader of the SNP should be kicking up merry hell about this, or, better yet, be looking at options to keep the place open, considering he's the FM of Scotland. 

57 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The former though is strange - the leader of the SNP should be kicking up merry hell about this, or, better yet, be looking at options to keep the place open, considering he's the FM of Scotland. 

He has been and he is.  It took me literally 10 seconds to find this.  

Edited by aaid

2 hours ago, aaid said:

He has been and he is.  It took me literally 10 seconds to find this.  

🤣 wow really proactive, send out a tweet that you had a meeting, a meeting about what exactly? Seems to me that he has accepted the place will close and that’s it, no fight to keep it open,,