Gregor Townsend - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gregor Townsend

Hertsscot

The Finn Russel situation needs sorting out that’s for sure.  we should have beaten Australia and with a full strength team would have.  Jury’s out for me, think he will be given the World Cup, but I could see us losing all games apart from Italy in six nations.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

The Finn Russel situation needs sorting out that’s for sure.  we should have beaten Australia and with a full strength team would have.  Jury’s out for me, think he will be given the World Cup, but I could see us losing all games apart from Italy in six nations.

Russell couldn't play against the aussies. We could only pick players based in Scotland for that match.

I'm not convinced we desperately need Russell anyway. Hastings deserves a chance, a match against Fiji won't tell us a huge amount. That game went as expected IMO, we always seem to beat the likes of Fiji but with a little stumble nowadays

Finn Russell makes far too many mistakes for my liking (and Townsend's it would seem). We can get away with those mistakes, most of the time, against weaker opposition but the big boys usually capitalise on those mistakes. I see him as a luxury Scotland can't afford. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

What a chance to break our duck against them 😒

Ironically let down by Jack Dempsey's punch.

looked accidental to me… thought it was harsh.

Russel makes a big difference to us. Firstly his kicking is reliable which has a massive confidence boost to the team, secondly he has the potential to do stuff none of the other stand offs do.  He would be in my team

not a rugger bugger ; but have enjoyed watching it - our game management has been p1sh for a while though has it not ?

hogg getting a bit of online abuse i noted too

all blacks seemed to defend v well when we trying to push over the line - but conversely we couldnt defend the same

the dempsey yellow looked spot on ; in watching the replay