Andy Robertson oot. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson oot.

Bzzzz

Oh well we can play tierney at left back. 

I would play a 433 for these upcomjng games. 

Gordon

Patterson hanley mckenna tierney

Armstrong   mcgregor

Mcginn

Fraser   adams    burke

That would be my main team for these games. I would give morgan a start in one of the games in place of burke. 

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Oh well we can play tierney at left back. 

I would play a 433 for these upcomjng games. 

Gordon

Patterson hanley mckenna tierney

Armstrong   mcgregor

Mcginn

Fraser   adams    burke

That would be my main team for these games. I would give morgan a start in one of the games in place of burke. 

No way Armstrong starts as s deep midfielder and no chance Burke starts. On current form McT starts in midfield 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

2 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

4 at the back, with McTominay in midfield.  4-2-3-1

Gk - Gordon

LB - Tierney

LCB - McKenna

RCB - Hanley

RB - Patterson

L Pivot - McGregor

R Pivot - McTominay

LAM - Armstrong

RAM - Brown

CAM - McGinn

FWD - Adams

Thats a decent team and formation although i would probably go with fraser or morgan instead of brown.

A loss but not as big as it might have been. He's been off the boil so far, but a good chance to try others. Perfect games too - all competitive and difficult but should be looking to win both home games. Sure Ukraine and Ireland eying us up too esp Ireland after Dublin ; that's what's great about the Nations League and teams playing around their level.

Edited by weekevie04

12 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Why can’t we just keep Tierney where he is in a 3 and play Taylor one side and Paterson the other. He’s looked decent enough for Celtic this season and playing champions league too. 

I'd say that is almost certainly what he is going to do. Possibly Hickey  at LWB. But Tierney will be LCB, I reckon.

I'm okay with that. However, I wouldn't be against a change of formation simply because Ukraine have our normal tactics absolutely sussed and it might catch them off guard if we change it.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Because the 3 failed abysmally when we played Ukraine the last time.

I'm not saying play the three but Tierney is the main player in the three. Against the Ukraine Cooper replaced him and couldn't adjust to the role at all. I do rate Cooper and would prefer a back four myself but I don't think the result would have been so clear cut if we had our best eleven playing. 

22 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'm not saying play the three but Tierney is the main player in the three. Against the Ukraine Cooper replaced him and couldn't adjust to the role at all. I do rate Cooper and would prefer a back four myself but I don't think the result would have been so clear cut if we had our best eleven playing. 

Perhaps but I think we get outnumbered in midfield.

It would be good to see how a regular back four does with a midfield that is able to put the squeeze on the opposition.