Foreign football - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Foreign football

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're going for it with this new deal. The only matches not be screened live will be 3pm Saturday matches.

In my opinion this is very bad news for scottish football. Less slots for spfl games to be shown on TV. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

They're going for it with this new deal. The only matches not be screened live will be 3pm Saturday matches.

In my opinion this is very bad news for scottish football. Less slots for spfl games to be shown on TV. 

Which is better for us. Less games on tv, more fans through the gates if they want to see it. Win win. We’re never gonna have money to compete in Europe, so we should enjoy what we have. 

59 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I know Spurs have a lot of injuries but I think Ange's attack, attack, attack strategy is getting found out. 

Scored first in their last 5 games and have not won any of them 🤷‍♂️, to be fair the forwards have then went on to miss chance after chance to get the 2nd or 3rd goal. Tactics would probably be working if the Brazilian boy up front wasn’t a cart horse, great team to watch as a neutral tho 

Juventus beat Napoli 1-0 to go top of Serie A (Inter play today), some turn around for the old lady as Napoli pumped them 5-1 the last time they played. Quality of football was obviously better but not half as exciting as the Raith v Partick game (was switching between both) 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Juventus beat Napoli 1-0 to go top of Serie A (Inter play today), some turn around for the old lady as Napoli pumped them 5-1 the last time they played. Quality of football was obviously better but not half as exciting as the Raith v Partick game (was switching between both) 

The Scottish championship. Best league in the world 

Edited by vanderark14

On 12/8/2023 at 10:37 AM, EddardStark said:

I know Spurs have a lot of injuries but I think Ange's attack, attack, attack strategy is getting found out. 

Not today it isn’t scudding Newcastle 3-0 with 30 minutes still to go, should really be 5 6 or 7 the Geordies have been brutal 

Girona beat Barca 4-2 to win the Catalan derby and go 2 points clear at the top of la Liga, not quite the fairytale it’s sounds as they are part of the City group but impressive all the same. With Barca, Atleti and Real all expected to go deep into the champions league they could stay up there for longer than you’d think

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

▶️ Watch this reel
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1039500527359866?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

This is disgusting. Lifetime ban... Unbelievable 

This has been coming, no doubt the blame will go to 'crazy turks' but the refs job is getting harder. 

Refs need help in my opinion and its got to start with the clubs and their coaches. If they start showing refs respect, the players and fans will follow 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

This has been coming, no doubt the blame will go to 'crazy turks' but the refs job is getting harder. 

Refs need help in my opinion and its got to start with the clubs and their coaches. If they start showing refs respect, the players and fans will follow 

If only, I've just been on my 3rd disciplinary hearing of the season with the FA down here.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye Clancy, Column & Beaton deserve respect 😳 there’s no place for what happened in Turkey but you see very aggressive behaviour towards refs from players & managers every week on sky tv etc, the tv companies love to see it & then condemn it, they should treat it like a pitch invader & not show it but as I said the tv companies love it.

Graham Potter being linked with Man Utd if/when Ten Hag gets emptied, ffs replacing a weak as pish Dutchman with a weak as pish Englishman. It’s like they’re being run by a cross between Stevie Wonder and Coco the clown, surely Ange is the obvious choice 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

If only, I've just been on my 3rd disciplinary hearing of the season with the FA down here.

Stop hitting refs bud .

was so impressed to see Liverpool starting with six 20 or younger tonight even bringing on another two teenagers . Doaks was the youngest and wasn’t too bad. They lost but Klopp is a coach in the Clarke level . 
Doaks will be in the 23 

On 12/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, RDFH64 said:

Aye Clancy, Column & Beaton deserve respect 😳 there’s no place for what happened in Turkey but you see very aggressive behaviour towards refs from players & managers every week on sky tv etc, the tv companies love to see it & then condemn it, they should treat it like a pitch invader & not show it but as I said the tv companies love it.

If players would stop constantly cheating, I don't mean throwing themselves to the ground, stop claiming for decisions they know ain't there's, throw ins, goal kicks etc, the whole environment would be a lot better. Would take a brave team to do it though, 100% honesty, never gonna happen

The easiest way to stop diving is to apply the rules that already exist. Personally I would remove the yellow card for a dive and have any potential dives reviewed after the match. Anybody who dives gets a 2 game ban. Each time you are found guilty in a season a game gets added to the next ban. For example if you dive twice in the same game you get a 3 game ban, next time you dive its 4 games etc. 

When players are the n/a the clubs would soon stamp it out.

2 hours ago, saintydave said:

If players would stop constantly cheating, I don't mean throwing themselves to the ground, stop claiming for decisions they know ain't there's, throw ins, goal kicks etc, the whole environment would be a lot better. Would take a brave team to do it though, 100% honesty, never gonna happen

Would love for that to happen but I feel honesty & integrity in sport is lost forever. 😪