Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 36 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

It's hypocritical for us to complain about away fans in our end when we do it for most games ourselves. Many of TA over the years have also been helped to get home end tickets by the away supporters.The FAI will probably mirror the SFA's action of giving Ireland the minimum of tickets, so naturally the TA will be looking to get home end tickets in Dublin. If you look around, there's also a couple of the Irish lads already offering to help the TA get home tickets in Dublin. It's simply good sportsmanship.I realise some are upset because we rarely have away fans in amongst but it's just for one game. Everything's back to normal after that.

I agree with this. Glasgow is rarely a place where we have a big away support as is Dublin.

The two games will be different and a bit special as a result. Two sets of fans on the same wavelength and two evenly matched teams.

Add the edge over McCarthy and mcgeady opting for Eire and you have an exciting match.

Anyone predicting trouble from travelling fans in our end is deluding themselves. Any wee neds will be reported and chucked out. Both sets of fans will not be long with them.

Enjoy folks. This is a special set of fixtures. I can't wait to go to Dublin so will treat the Irish fans as I would wish to be treated over there.

Bring it on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I couldn't give a bollocks about good sportsmanship, nothing against it happening as we do it all over the world but to encourage/help them is crazy what good is it going to do the team encouraging more away fans into the ground?

Plenty of our supporters were helped in the past by away fans and even the away teams FA's in getting tickets. We can't keep doing this away from home and then get uppity about the rare occasion when away supporters want to watch the game amongst us in Glasgow.

It's just for one game, it's not the end of the world.

Helping Irish fans get tickets in our end will stand us in good stead with them for the game in Dublin, plenty of them would be glad to help the TA get home end tickets there I'm sure.

The Rep. of Ireland supporters are a well behaved bunch who have a terrific reputation away from home. There's nothing to worry about.

This perhaps would have happened on a much lesser scale if the SFA had offered reasonably priced tickets which would have meant more Scotland fans and given the Irish a larger ticket allocation.

I'd blame SFA security if people are going into the home end with Larsson Celtic flags it's obvious to rile home fans.

You're still missing the point - although your anecdotes are interesting!

Even if they'd had their flags taken off them they would have still gotten in and sung Celtic FC songs in an attempt to noise up the Scotland fans.

It's the distinction between actual Ireland fans and Old Firm bawbagery.

Plenty of our supporters were helped in the past by away fans and even the away teams FA's in getting tickets. We can't keep doing this away from home and then get uppity about the rare occasion when away supporters want to watch the game amongst us in Glasgow.It's just for one game, it's not the end of the world.Helping Irish fans get tickets in our end will stand us in good stead with them for the game in Dublin, plenty of them would be glad to help the TA get home end tickets there I'm sure.The Rep. of Ireland supporters are a well behaved bunch who have a terrific reputation away from home. There's nothing to worry about.This perhaps would have happened on a much lesser scale if the SFA had offered reasonably priced tickets which would have meant more Scotland fans and given the Irish a larger ticket allocation.

100% agree with this. You would think they were coming over to batter us

100% agree with this. You would think they were coming over to batter us

:lol::lol:

Your right. Everything will be fine. It's just a one off, won't be a regular occurrence. This is just one set of fans doing the decent thing and helping the other lot out to watch their team. I'm certain the Irish lads will be glad to help any TA who want a home end ticket for the game in Dublin.

:lol::lol:

Your right. Everything will be fine. It's just a one off, won't be a regular occurrence. This is just one set of fans doing the decent thing and helping the other lot out to watch their team. I'm certain the Irish lads will be glad to help any TA who want a home end ticket for the game in Dublin.

Imagine a country that was worried about the ta causing trouble. You would laugh them out of town. Heaven knows what the Irish are thinking

You're still missing the point - although your anecdotes are interesting!

Even if they'd had their flags taken off them they would have still gotten in and sung Celtic FC songs in an attempt to noise up the Scotland fans.

It's the distinction between actual Ireland fans and Old Firm bawbagery.

Sadly it's the scourge of Glasgow what can we do about it? It is always simmering.

Plenty of our supporters were helped in the past by away fans and even the away teams FA's in getting tickets. We can't keep doing this away from home and then get uppity about the rare occasion when away supporters want to watch the game amongst us in Glasgow.

It's just for one game, it's not the end of the world.

Helping Irish fans get tickets in our end will stand us in good stead with them for the game in Dublin, plenty of them would be glad to help the TA get home end tickets there I'm sure.

The Rep. of Ireland supporters are a well behaved bunch who have a terrific reputation away from home. There's nothing to worry about.

This perhaps would have happened on a much lesser scale if the SFA had offered reasonably priced tickets which would have meant more Scotland fans and given the Irish a larger ticket allocation.

Great post - if you need a ticket for Dublin give me a shout.

Lads, as you probably Know most of the regular Irish away fans have been shafted by the FAI, so we have bought a fair few Home End Tickets, We are a good natured lot and dont cause trouble, Looking Forward to being among you lads and you will get the same welcome in Dublin next June :guitar:

Lads, as you probably Know most of the regular Irish away fans have been shafted by the FAI, so we have bought a fair few Home End Tickets, We are a good natured lot and dont cause trouble, Looking Forward to being among you lads and you will get the same welcome in Dublin next June :guitar:

:ok:

Great post - if you need a ticket for Dublin give me a shout.

A few more required here please. :ok:

:ok::ok::ok:

I must be in the minority but I'm not overly fussed about Ireland fans in our end. I'd do exact same in their position. Thankfully our regular travellers will get one in Dublin.

I don't think you are. In the minority.

Irrespective of reputations only takes one eejit from either side

You are right there Langtonian, Thats why we should embrace this, Enjoy a match and selfpolice if necessary, but this is not about politics, its about a football match and we here are looking forward to it :beer2:

Are you Gordon Strachan in disguise? :-))

This was his aim leading the FAI to only getting 5% allocation.

Has it been confirmed it was Strachan than requested the 5% allocation?

I don't understand the logic of it myself. The FAI will quite rightly only give 5% in return, so surely any advantage is negated by the away leg?