The news thread - Page 233 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

51 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Lee Anderson suspended by the Tories. I wonder if he'll jump ship and join Reform.

They're desperate to provoke something. So irresponsible and even more so when those that could contain it leave the gate open.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

They're desperate to provoke something. So irresponsible and even more so when those that could contain it leave the gate open.

British Labour started it this week with the "Fear of MPs safety" cack

Both are now the same and it is worrying because it will not end well

16 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

British Labour started it this week with the "Fear of MPs safety" cack

Both are now the same and it is worrying because it will not end well

Yes, felt very much like an argument put forward you can't argue against. That's a tactic you see in online debate or perhaps in their parliamentary bubble but it's too sensitive an issue to chance in real life. 

I suspect Anderson knows he's toast at the election anyway so has nothing to lose with the comments he is making.

Still doesn't hide the fact he's nothing more than a vile, racist scumbag. He's not the only one. The Tories are absolutely infested by them. Anderson is only superceded by Badenoch and Braverman. And then you have the female version of David Icke in Liz Truss.

You have to be an absolute simpleton to vote for that lot. Honestly 

6 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

I suspect Anderson knows he's toast at the election anyway so has nothing to lose with the comments he is making.

Still doesn't hide the fact he's nothing more than a vile, racist scumbag. He's not the only one. The Tories are absolutely infested by them. Anderson is only superceded by Badenoch and Braverman. And then you have the female version of David Icke in Liz Truss.

You have to be an absolute simpleton to vote for that lot. Honestly 

The current version of the tories is like the BNP in the 90s except the tories are mostly middle class dicks or wannabe middle class dicks. It's worrying to see how far to the right british politics has moved

Braverman made the same comments as Anderson as did truss. Neither have been thrown out of the tories. 

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The current version of the tories is like the BNP in the 90s except the tories are mostly middle class dicks or wannabe middle class dicks. It's worrying to see how far to the right british politics has moved

Braverman made the same comments as Anderson as did truss. Neither have been thrown out of the tories. 

Probably because, astonishing as it sounds, they somehow see those two as having 'leadership' qualities.

Completely unhinged the two of them

12 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Probably because, astonishing as it sounds, they somehow see those two as having 'leadership' qualities.

Completely unhinged the two of them

Could not agree more and it makes me wonder about the state of mind of anyone who would vote against independence. Apart from the no surrender WATP nutters, anyone not voting for independence is by default accepting the tories and tory light led by starmer. 

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It's a minor point but did she not also realise that she was minister of Northern Ireland as well?

I doubt she knows what day of the week it is

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I doubt she knows what day of the week it is

🤣

I can't decide if Truss is just really, really thick or if she is actually deranged. Maybe a bit of both.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

🤣

I can't decide if Truss is just really, really thick or if she is actually deranged. Maybe a bit of both.

I think she could be an inspiration forsome of the kids I teach...'Don't worry that you're a nutter, don't worry you're thick, you can still succeed - just like Liz Truss!'

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

🤣

The big question is who is funding/promoting her or in the parlance of today - She must have some agent

Surely she hasn't pulled the wool over Tufton Street ?

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think she could be an inspiration forsome of the kids I teach...'Don't worry that you're a nutter, don't worry you're thick, you can still succeed - just like Liz Truss!'

That's a very good point.

When I was a wean we only had uplifting cartoons like 'The Raggy Dolls' to send the message that even if you aren't perfect you can still succeed. Kids nowadays, on the other hand, have a former PM of the UK!  😂 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The big question is who is funding/promoting her or in the parlance of today - She must have some agent

Surely she hasn't pulled the wool over Tufton Street ?

It is bizarre. She's reasonably telegenic, I suppose, but she isn't eloquent or charismatic even in a snake oil salesperson kind of way; she just comes across as a sandwich short.

22 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's a very good point.

When I was a wean we only had uplifting cartoons like 'The Raggy Dolls' to send the message that even if you aren't perfect you can still succeed. Kids nowadays, on the other hand, have a former PM of the UK!  😂 

More than one to choose ! 😆

BREAKING: Speaker Lindsay Hoyle has denied the SNP a second debate on a ceasefire in Gaza despite previously offering one. The revelation came after Stephen Flynn raised a point of order in the House of Commons

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

BREAKING: Speaker Lindsay Hoyle has denied the SNP a second debate on a ceasefire in Gaza despite previously offering one. The revelation came after Stephen Flynn raised a point of order in the House of Commons

This seems particularly bizarre as Hoyle himself suggested this would be a possibility. Again it raises questions about his competence and his integrity. SNP who will be rightly angered by this slight will undoubtedly be slated as grief manufacturers by the usual suspects.

Edited by Hertsscot
ers

Seems Westminster will bend or break the rules with impunity, knowing the unionist media will see no stitch-up, hear of no stitch-up, speak no stitch-up 

44 minutes ago, exile said:

Seems Westminster will bend or break the rules with impunity, knowing the unionist media will see no stitch-up, hear of no stitch-up, speak no stitch-up 

The fawning defence of him seems to merely be in reference to him being a 'nice man'. It's like he's a well meaning but shit scout leader. Isn't the whole point of parliament and his role central to holding government to account? 

Saw someone point out that it's unlikely the SNP are using the deaths of 30,000 in Gaza in order to win back a few votes in Rutherglen. 

Edited by StirlingEgg

I'm surprised anyone still peddles this nonsense. Any self respecting journalist would simply ask, if scotland is subsidised by London, why doesn't London want Scotland to leave the union?

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm surprised anyone still peddles this nonsense. Any self respecting journalist would simply ask, if scotland is subsidised by London, why doesn't London want Scotland to leave the union?

If we are such a burden why are they so desperate to keep control & subsidies us

34 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

If we are such a burden why are they so desperate to keep control & subsidies us

Exactly. If it were true, then you'd also be asking why that was the case, what policies or investment have favoured London, why has rest of UK been neglected.