The news thread - Page 167 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ramy on the News again.. I'm internationally famous....🤣👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Screenshot_20230825_075030_Facebook.jpg

Ramy the cyclist. You have only been cycling a short time and dont even have shaven legs are you sure you are in a position to claim that title???? 

Were you having a moan about drivers in your interview? 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ramy the cyclist. You have only been cycling a short time and dont even have shaven legs are you sure you are in a position to claim that title???? 

Were you having a moan about drivers in your interview? 

🤣. They are building a cyclist lane over a bridge were I live here in Ottawa. They wanted my expert opinion...🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

The state broadcaster and their GBeebies and Sky colleagues are up in arms ( well, those that aren’t delayed on their flights about the planet) regards a charge for polluters to pollute whenever they want. £12:50 per day. 

meanwhile at the local hospital you’re £13 + for 4 hours parking. 

45 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've always thought you were named after this fella.

image.png.b4926bb6013a3445b01904a39fa10945.png

I dont know who that is

He has more hair than me for starters

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23768215.scottish-football-buses-changes-proposed/

I am surprised this isn't already happening in Scotland

• Anyone running a bus would have to have to inform a 'dedicated football officer' or DFO 48 hours before the match of the number of supporters expected to travel, the number of vehicles booked, the name and the contact number for the person who made the booking
  • Buses would not be allowed to stop within 10 miles of the stadium before or after the match without permission
  • Buses would be banned from stopping at pubs unless alcohol is "sold ancillary to a substantial meal", and permission would have to be sought from the DFO
  • Buses would have to arrive at the stadium "no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before the scheduled start of the game".
  • Permission would have to be sought from police to pick up passengers at stops on the route
  • Buses would be required to leave the stadium within 30 minutes of the end of the match
  • Those running the bus would be required to inform the DFO of "any chanting demonstrating hostility based on race, ethnicity religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, disability, and transgender identity or chanting of an otherwise grossly offensive or inflammatory nature" which happened on the journey.
  • Voluntary searches could be in place for things like alcohol and pyrotechnics.

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23768215.scottish-football-buses-changes-proposed/

• Anyone running a bus would have to have to inform a 'dedicated football officer' or DFO 48 hours before the match of the number of supporters expected to travel, the number of vehicles booked, the name and the contact number for the person who made the booking
  • Buses would not be allowed to stop within 10 miles of the stadium before or after the match without permission
  • Buses would be banned from stopping at pubs unless alcohol is "sold ancillary to a substantial meal", and permission would have to be sought from the DFO
  • Buses would have to arrive at the stadium "no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before the scheduled start of the game".
  • Permission would have to be sought from police to pick up passengers at stops on the route
  • Buses would be required to leave the stadium within 30 minutes of the end of the match
  • Those running the bus would be required to inform the DFO of "any chanting demonstrating hostility based on race, ethnicity religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, disability, and transgender identity or chanting of an otherwise grossly offensive or inflammatory nature" which happened on the journey.
  • Voluntary searches could be in place for things like alcohol and pyrotechnics.

Despite the fact that these proposed rules are completely over the top one thing puzzles me.  Given that Sport and Transport are both devolved, what does this have to do the UKG?

Labour run Birmingham City Council effectively announces bankruptcy

Comes after they had to spend £760m to settle equal pay claims

Sound familiar ?

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Labour run Birmingham City Council effectively announces bankruptcy

Comes after they had to spend £760m to settle equal pay claims

Sound familiar ?

The thing that is different is that the SNP Council managed to sort it out and didn’t declare bankruptcy.  

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

One comment in the comments section. If that had been an SNP proposal it would be flooded with ‘nazi state’ rants.

I know half of us are below average intelligence but ffs .

who in their right mind would trust the Private school party of the wealthy to be guardians of the educational establishments of the other 93% of the population? 
Tories were hoping to avoid accountability for stopping maintenance when they could in 2010 until next year’s compulsory GE . 
Evil doesn’t describe their MO . 

how many billions are English councils in debt to ? How many billions did the Tories and their mates steal during the covid debacle? 
doesn’t matter. The SNP have a few thousand unaccounted 

US actor Danny Masterson has been sentenced to serve 30 years to life in prison for raping two women.

Masterson starred on That '70s Show, a TV series that was airing at the time of his crimes in the early 2000s.