Lewis Morgan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewis Morgan

Hertsscot

I like Morgan alot,and reckon he will be involved soon, the MLS season starts next week and unfortunately for him, the distance is a factor for him with Covid bla bla. He is more suited to the formation over Forrest IMO and can play in a few positions.

Edited by romanticscot

I dont think Morgan will ever be at the level we need to push us forward. Decent player who will do well in the USA.

Im also struggling to see that Mikey Johnson has what it takes to make the step up.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I dont think Morgan will ever be at the level we need to push us forward. Decent player who will do well in the USA.

Im also struggling to see that Mikey Johnson has what it takes to make the step up.

Totally agree about both players. 

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Has Johnston been injured this season, I'd totally forgotten about him

49 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Totally agree about both players. 

It is of course possible that he and Hendry  have improved since leaving a shite set up at Parkhead.

And it would also be possible to argue that Johnston hasn't progressed for the same reason, hell you could easily use the same argument for Christie's decline this season.

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

It is of course possible that he and Hendry  have improved since leaving a shite set up at Parkhead.

And it would also be possible to argue that Johnston hasn't progressed for the same reason, hell you could easily use the same argument for Christie's decline this season.

Certainly think it's fair to say that a players more likely to improve under Rogers than Lennon

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Certainly think it's fair to say that a players more likely to improve under Rogers than Lennon

Undoubtedly. Say what you like about Brendan Rodgers, he's an excellent coach. I mean, anyone who can almost make Oli Burke look like a footballer must have a gift! :lol:

34 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Undoubtedly. Say what you like about Brendan Rodgers, he's an excellent coach. I mean, anyone who can almost make Oli Burke look like a footballer must have a gift! :lol:

Rodgers leaving was a huge loss for Scottish football. I say that as a Hearts fan but he was brilliant at developing players. He played more Scots than Lennon did and certainly more than Gerrard does. Although maybe Gerrard gets the benefit of the doubt due to being newer to the role and the pressure of immediate success.

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Is Johnny Russell still playing out in the States?  He seems to have fallen off the radar recently.

He’s still there and has been made captain of his club this season. He’s lost out recently due to travelling/quarantine issues.

Id have him in the squad, can play any where along the front line and unlike Burke can control a football.

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I do agree with that.  No player improved under Lennon and a lot went backwards.

Personally, I thought Morgan was poor for the u21s and every time I watched him for Celtic - most of which were under Rodgers.  I'm not sure looking good in that league changes my opinion.  Russell looked good in that league.

I'd be thrilled if Morgan and Johnston could do what Hendry has done and prove me wrong.  I'm more than happy to do that with players.  I ruled Copper out in the past but I think he deserves a place in the squad now.  

48 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Rodgers leaving was a huge loss for Scottish football. I say that as a Hearts fan but he was brilliant at developing players. He played more Scots than Lennon did and certainly more than Gerrard does. Although maybe Gerrard gets the benefit of the doubt due to being newer to the role and the pressure of immediate success.

Totally agree.  When Strachan had his best run it was because he filled the team with Celtic players.  We were starting matches with Gordon, Mulgrew, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong, Forrest and Griffiths while Celtic were playing great football under Rodgers.  I still think not bringing inform Callum McGregor through was one of the major reasons Strachan ended up losing his job.