Slovakia v Scotland - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia v Scotland

Burj_Alba

30 minutes ago, Marky said:

Well for a small sample go onto Irnbruman’s profile and look at his posts on the Slovakia match thread. Priceless. There’s been plenty more other than him.

By the way, wasn’t suggesting you were saying I was the person wanting Clarke sacked. Just as one of McBurnie’s ‘defenders” 👍

OK, went through it there. Apart from Irnbruman's harsh critique I'm not seeing anything abusive at all. Maybe you've used the wrong word but I've seen far worse on here directed at some of our players. 🙅‍♂️

2 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

1-0 Czechia. 

So, you'd imagine we'll have to do it the 'right' way and win in Tel Aviv on Wednedsay.

There’s only 15 minutes gone. I wouldn’t write off a draw yet but yes I would agree that we should be going to Israel and aiming to win. We can’t rely on Slovakia taking anything from the Czechs.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

There’s only 15 minutes gone. I wouldn’t write off a draw yet but yes I would agree that we should be going to Israel and aiming to win. We can’t rely on Slovakia taking anything from the Czechs.

Agree, and Israel have proven to be a decent side. Some result they got in Slovakia last month after being 2-0 down at half-time too, so there's plenty of time for them to get some form of a result.

As dissapointing as today was - score wise - we've had our fair share of luck in this group with the Czech C team Covid scare, and our win against them at home, we were very fortunate it, so maybe it does even itself all out. 

1 minute ago, weekevie04 said:

Agree, and Israel have proven to be a decent side. Some result they got in Slovakia last month after being 2-0 down at half-time too, so there's plenty of time for them to get some form of a result.

As dissapointing as today was - score wise - we've had our fair share of luck in this group with the Czech C team Covid scare, and our win against them at home, we were very fortunate it, so maybe it does even itself all out. 

Israel have proven to be an absolutely honking side

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

OK, went through it there. Apart from Irnbruman's harsh critique I'm not seeing anything abusive at all. Maybe you've used the wrong word but I've seen far worse on here directed at some of our players. 🙅‍♂️

Well I won’t argue with you over the semantics of our respective views on the definition of abusive, but if you describe his posts as simply “harsh critique” then we’ll agree to disagree on what is is a necessary or acceptable level of criticism. His posts are utterly juvenile.

“fuck off. He’s fucking mince”

”Worst player I’ve ever seen” - Really?

“Get real he is pish and that’s why we lost”

”How the fuck did McBurnie ever become a professional footballer”

calling folk zoomers and tossers for simply saying give the guy a break. 

Boy has anger management problems. 

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Well I won’t argue with you over the semantics of our respective views on the definition of abusive, but if you describe his posts as simply “harsh critique” then we’ll agree to disagree on what is is a necessary or acceptable level of criticism. His posts are utterly juvenile.

He is the reason we lost

5 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

We could have easily lost to Israel at Hampden too.

7 minutes ago, Bino's said:

He is the reason we lost

Clarke - “Right Oli, you’re in the team on Sunday.”

McBurnie - “Fuck off, I’m mince, I don’t know how I ever became a professional footballer. Pick someone else.”

You’re right, this is how it should have gone. It’s all his fault.

I don't get it - we made loads of changes and were up against a Pot2 side in our second tough away game in under 72 hours yet created loads more chances than them.  On another day McBurnie could have had a hat trick.  

Thought his link up play was ok especially as the geezer marking him has 100+ starts for Inter so was up against no mug.

Honestly can't believe the stick he's getting when he could easily be leading the line if anything happens to Dykes. 

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

I don't get it - we made loads of changes and were up against a Pot2 side in our second tough away game in under 72 hours yet created loads more chances than them.  On another day McBurnie could have had a hat trick.  

Thought his link up play was ok especially as the geezer marking him has 100+ starts for Inter so was up against no mug.

Honestly can't believe the stick he's getting when he could easily be leading the line if anything happens to Dykes. 

The reason to me is clear. Supporters MUST just MUST have a scapegoat. A player to deride, a player to vent their anger out on. Shame they don't have the spirit Clarke has instilled in the side. Win as a team and lose as a team.

2 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

McBurnie - “Fuck off, I’m mince, I don’t know how I ever became a professional footballer. Pick someone else.”

Unfortunately I’m out of likes today TT so I’ll do it the old fashioned way.

👍

9 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Don't recall inventing any made up conversation

Just pointing out a striker that can't finish is a reason we didn't win a game

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The reason to me is clear. Supporters MUST just MUST have a scapegoat. A player to deride, a player to vent their anger out on. Shame they don't have the spirit Clarke has instilled in the side. Win as a team and lose as a team.

We had 4 good chances

Their keeper pulled off two good saves from McLean and Griffith's

Mcburnie fluffed his two

21 minutes ago, Marky said:

Sorry if you think I'm being pedantic but you said 'people' were being abusive towards McBurnie. You implied he was subjected to an over the top tirade from various sources. You can only point to Irnbrumans comments, no one else. Some people defended McBurnie but you neglected to mention that. Maybe you're the one who should read it back. 

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Agree. Pity supporters can't show the togetherness of the squad.

Just now, Bino's said:

We had 4 good chances

Their keeper pulled off two good saves from McLean and Griffith's

Mcburnie fluffed his two

Your point?

My point is people on here are renowned for having scapegoats. FFS people wanted Clarke out six weeks or so ago. Galagher, O'Donnell were pilloried as not good enough by people on here as were others who have dug in with good performances for us. And it goes back further than just recent times. McCallister, Iwelumo etc etc etc.

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

Don't recall inventing any made up conversation

Just pointing out a striker that can't finish is a reason we didn't win a game

I know, sorry. Point I was making is that Clarke picked him so must have thought he was the best man for the job. There were other players he could have gone with.

So the reason we lost is more to do with Clarke’ team selection than just McBurnie.

That said, there were 11 players playing that were more than capable of getting at least a point.

32 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Israel have proven to be an absolutely honking side

I'm baffled by that. 

Realy? They just beat Slovakia 3-2 last month away ; were pretty even-steven against us, if not slightly better in the semi final. They are very rarely scudded by anyone either. 

They will give us a tough game on Wednesday without a shadow of a doubt.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Sorry if you think I'm being pedantic but you said 'people' were being abusive towards McBurnie. You implied he was subjected to an over the top tirade from various sources. You can only point to Irnbrumans comments, no one else. Some people defended McBurnie but you neglected to mention that. Maybe you're the one who should read it back. 

No no no. I said, go to Irnbruman’s profile if you want some fine examples. 
Are you sure you’ve read the rest of this thread if you’re saying there were no others? If you haven’t then why comment on my post in the first place. Go find them for yourself. 
Of course I know plenty have defended him. When did I say that wasn’t the case. In fact I even said irnbruman calling his defenders tossers and zoomers. 
You’re not being pedantic. You’re just being either wrong or lazy in not reading the whole thread.