Reasons To Be Hopeful... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reasons To Be Hopeful...

ScotlandFanMuir

Already we're giving it the - 'this is the biggest game of our campaign' chat, which is probably fair after the Poland/Germany result on Saturday. Can I just say fair play to Poland, they never gave the Germans any peace the whole game and the intensity they kept their performance at for 90 minutes was unreal.

Anyway, despite bossing Georgia on Saturday I can't help but feel this game suits our system more.

In the last 7 away games under Strachan we've managed to score in every game, winning 4 of them. One of these games was indeed in Poland. I think the likes of Anya and Naismith will (hopefully) be more effective in this game as we won't be facing a team sitting on their 18 yard line.

No matter how we set up or what 11 is out there, I have complete and utter faith in Gordon Strachan to get a positive result out of the boys tomorrow.

Come on Scotland!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus they must be feckin knackered after the shift they put in on Saturday!

Agreed. It was strange, they never necessarily stood on their 6 yard box for 90 minutes - they always left space in behind which just made them work harder to constantly track back.

They'll be buzzing off that result and that buzz will take them through Tuesday.

Hopefully we can get an early goal and keep the noise levels down - except in the away end ofcourse!

There were no extra time and penalties. And they play for good teams both domesticaly and in Europe on high intensity week by week, well most of them. Tiredness won`t be a factor imo. Scotland played the same day anyway.

Speaking about pressure...Scotland is more under it i think, if you loose that game your situation will be far from comfortable. We`ve just beat the opponent we really shouldn`t ;) so we got 3 points in "reserve".

Mentality might be a key factor here though. If our players will start that game with "it`s a formality" attitude after such a brilliant saturday score they might experience a big upset and fans together with them. Scottish team under Strachan is a very "unpleasant" team to play aggainst. Not breathtaking football but solid, with good pressure and restless (spomething we show against Germans). Quick goal is the best to break such opponent but of course not that easily achievable :)

got a horrible nasty feeling about the next two games which would probably mean we're strugglin for third. Think we might fold eventually in warsaw late in the second half. and think roi's going to rise to the occassion at CP and hit us with a goal each half. Should have been played at ibrox that one to limit the chance of any perceived advantage they would believe they had.

got a horrible nasty feeling about the next two games which would probably mean we're strugglin for third. Think we might fold eventually in warsaw late in the second half. and think roi's going to rise to the occassion at CP and hit us with a goal each half. Should have been played at ibrox that one to limit the chance of any perceived advantage they would believe they had.

Jeezo Jeck ....... How long have you been an inspirational speaker? Respect your opinion but nothing lighting up a room with your optimism eh?

i've already written the ROI game off, am tellin you they will be taking all 3 points from celtic park one way or another. MON, mcgeady returning to celtic park for ireland, its your worst nightmare about to happen, written in the stars, a hunch. Ok we've certainly got a chance in warsaw but ive got a feeling we're going to blow a couple of decent chances and the poles will get one or two in the last 20 mins when we're dead on our feet.it makes me sick but as strachan said the day this is argubly the toughest group and im still not covinced we're clinical enough up top.

Just curious...but did the SFA actually select Parkhead as the venue for this particular ROI fixture?! or was it chance?

I would say Parkhead was chosen for the Ireland fixture (and not the Georgia match) for the perceived higher demand for tickets. Ireland will bring a large following unlike Georgia plus interest in Scotland may esculate a bit more if we are right in the shake-up for qualification after the Poland match. I would say a crowd of 50,000+ is a good possibility so Parkhead was the only viable option. Granted it seems to hand an advantage over to Ireland making it almost like a home fixture for their fans and players.

Granted it seems to hand an advantage over to Ireland making it almost like a home fixture for their fans and players.

Nah, it's absolutely nothing like a home fixture for them.

I think poland, ireland and ourselves are evenly matched. If we can get a draw in warsaw then I would be happy, but we need Germany to beat ireland. Im fed up of us giving sides far too much respect. We should be playing without fear. Poland got a great result no question but can they do it 2 games in 4 days, im not so sure

I would say Parkhead was chosen for the Ireland fixture (and not the Georgia match) for the perceived higher demand for tickets. Ireland will bring a large following unlike Georgia plus interest in Scotland may esculate a bit more if we are right in the shake-up for qualification after the Poland match. I would say a crowd of 50,000+ is a good possibility so Parkhead was the only viable option. Granted it seems to hand an advantage over to Ireland making it almost like a home fixture for their fans and players.

It makes my skin crawl to think McGeady could pop in a 90th minute winner against us like he did against Georgia.

'Awrite aye it wiz a braw winner like defo fir ma Irish ancestors'

And yes, I do realise we have cheered Englishmen recently playing for us but I'm just a fickle barsteward.

It is always, always about the ka-ching with the SFA and screw the fans, the team and our chances of qualifying, incredible.

I'm curious as to why people think playing at Parkhead gives Ireland an advantage?

Well there are no two ways about it - it is like a spiritual home to many many Irish fans. Heck look at Parkhead on club European nights and you can play a game of spot the saltire over the tri-colour. I'd hazard a guess a great amount of Ireland fans have or do support Celtic above even teams in their native Ireland and I'd guess the same goes for the majority of the players so it is a lift to them straight away.

It is always, always about the ka-ching with the SFA and screw the fans, the team and our chances of qualifying, incredible.

I would say it was the only logical route open to them. If the gate for this match isn't 50,000+ I will be very surprised especially if we get a decent result tonight and Ireland will bring a travelling support of around 10,000 I would guess. Barring taking the match to Murrayfield there is nowhere else in Scotland available just now and equipped to stage this match.

Well there are no two ways about it - it is like a spiritual home to many many Irish fans. Heck look at Parkhead on club European nights and you can play a game of spot the saltire over the tri-colour. I'd hazard a guess a great amount of Ireland fans have or do support Celtic above even teams in their native Ireland and I'd guess the same goes for the majority of the players so it is a lift to them straight away.

Well,if it sells out,that will give us roughly 54000 roaring them on.

We have celtic players in our team,it'll be like a home game for them.

I'm willing to bet that there is celtic fans in the scotland team.

The logic behind this is bizarre,to say the least.

The only thing that is bizarre here is your inability to understand something this obvious. I am amazed he is even having to explain it.

Craig - let's wait and see how it feels on the night,my feeling like you is this hands ROI an easily avoidable advantage.