Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi

John_B81

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not buying that. Robertson may not be the finished article as a defender but he's not any worse than Whittaker and surely WGS can't ignore the benefits we get from him getting forward to support and that amazing delivery.

Got to have a knock or something.

Nah not buying that. Robertson may not be the finished article as a defender but he's not any worse than Whittaker and surely WGS can't ignore the benefits we get from him getting forward to support and that amazing delivery.

Got to have a knock or something.

Can't think of any other reason, I thought the boy was outstanding at the weekend. A little bit gutted about that tbh! love seeing good young players coming through !

This is ####in ridiculous. No havin this blindly believing in WGS. This is a feckin shocking decision, not only is that boy one of oor best players awready but Whittaker is ####in useless.

Effin raging about this. Watch that hopeless khunt throw the game for us.

This is ####in ridiculous. No havin this blindly believing in WGS. This is a feckin shocking decision, not only is that boy one of oor best players awready but Whittaker is ####in useless.

Effin raging about this. Watch that hopeless khunt throw the game for us.

Think Strachan has earned the right to at least wait until the end of the game before having a good go at his decisions.

I just think Gordon is guarding against us getting exposed down that flank. Robertson is attack-minded and I feel Gordon would feel more at ease with a more defence-minded left-back hence the selection of Whittaker who has more experience as well. We mustn't rule out the other possibility as well thar Robertson may have a niggling injury.

In Strachan we trust and all that but I just can't see what Whitaker brings that Robbo doesn't. Perhaps a wee bit of experience but Robbo has already proved he can do it on the big stage, and technically he's in a different class. Baffling

Expect us to counter attack as our main weapon. Possibly Whittaker will be more suited to this. If I remember correctly his positioning has cost a few goals in the past, England's first springs to mind. Big call from Strachan.

On Saturday the Robertson/Anya partnership wasn't fluent though. They both seemed to be in the same area of the pitch too many times and didn't help attacks at times. Perhaps Gordon feels Whittaker will sit deep and Anya can be left to do his own thing.

Expect us to counter attack as our main weapon. Possibly Whittaker will be more suited to this. If I remember correctly his positioning has cost a few goals in the past, England's first springs to mind. Big call from Strachan.

It is a big call! Can only think it's for Whittakers experience, don't agree with it myself. Hope WGS proves me wrong though.

On Saturday the Robertson/Anya partnership wasn't fluent though. They both seemed to be in the same area of the pitch too many times and didn't help attacks at times. Perhaps Gordon feels Whittaker will sit deep and Anya can be left to do his own thing.

Expect that is the thinking behind this. Although I still thought Robertson was very good on Saturday.

Just as worried about Maloney. Need a big game from all in midfield tonight.

I could ####in sit deep too but that doesn't mean I should be on the ####in park!

You play your best players. It's as simple as that.

I just think Gordon is guarding against us getting exposed down that flank. Robertson is attack-minded and I feel Gordon would feel more at ease with a more defence-minded left-back hence the selection of Whittaker who has more experience as well. We mustn't rule out the other possibility as well thar Robertson may have a niggling injury.

It MUST be an injury, as Whittaker is BOTH worse at defending and attacking than Robertson. In fact I would not even have Whittaker in the squad! If Bardsley waas in the squad and WGS picked Bardsley for his defending attributes then fine, but Whittaker.....FFS!