Euro 20 Play-Off Final @ Norway or Serbia - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 20 Play-Off Final @ Norway or Serbia

metroscot

I know many, including me, have been wondering how the SFA/Supporters Club would handle tickets if/when Scotland qualify for the Final.

This is the reply I received today.

We will be going on sale the next day should we progress.

As for the sales schedule this will be determined once we have the final allocations from both respective FA’s.   

We are currently conducting the site visits in both countries and will confirm the final allocations for tickets in the next few weeks.

Firstly I am surprised that they don't already know the ticket allocation, considering the draw was made over 6 weeks ago.   Secondly, it doesn't seem they are taking into the consideration of the "travel challenges" supporters will have for flights/hotels

The sensible way to handle these tickets would be

•  Booking Form with 2 (two) options
    • If Scotland qualify for final and Norway are opponent, do you wish a ticket for match?  Yes/No
    • If Scotland qualify for final and Serbia are opponents, do you wish a ticket for Match? Yes/No
  • If YES to either option request form of payment
    • Confirm ticket allocation to member
    • Only charge credit card, on morning of March 27th,  if Scotland qualify

Simple technology/smartsheet and SFA/Scotland get "highest" number of supporters and Scotland Supporter Club Members know in advance they will have ticket and can plan travel (flights/ferries/hotels) accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at the nations league tables and didn't realise that every team in league b, who didn't qualify automatically, are in a play off.  That said, its nice to know that if we stay in league b we'll be almost sure of a play off next time around as well.  Or is it quite freaky the way its worked out this time around? 

2 hours ago, todd said:

Just looking at the nations league tables and didn't realise that every team in league b, who didn't qualify automatically, are in a play off.  That said, its nice to know that if we stay in league b we'll be almost sure of a play off next time around as well.  Or is it quite freaky the way its worked out this time around? 

They have changed the format of the Nations League for next year. I can’t remember the exact details but I’m sure they have increased the number of teams in League A which will reduce the chances of all league B teams getting a playoff for the next Euros. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

They have changed the format of the Nations League for next year. I can’t remember the exact details but I’m sure they have increased the number of teams in League A which will reduce the chances of all league B teams getting a playoff for the next Euros. 

Sounds about right, would hate to think we might benefit from something like the jammy Irish 🙄

17 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

16 teams in each of Leagues A, B and C. 

7 teams in League D.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, todd said:

Sounds about right, would hate to think we might benefit from something like the jammy Irish 🙄

Apart from what we’re benefitting from right now?

We’re only in the playoffs because of a bizarre system which hands a couple of opportunities to lower teams, rather than the best teams.

39 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Apart from what we’re benefitting from right now?

We’re only in the playoffs because of a bizarre system which hands a couple of opportunities to lower teams, rather than the best teams.

We won our fuckin group, northern ireland didn't even win a game. So yeah we do deserve it more than them, in spite of the irish love in on this forum.

11 hours ago, todd said:

We won our fuckin group, northern ireland didn't even win a game. So yeah we do deserve it more than them, in spite of the irish love in on this forum.

Are you joking?

They were playing teams seeded far higher than we were. It’s not a like-for-like comparison.

15 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Also, I don’t like how we’re turning into England, and already thinking we’ve got past Israel. Totally disrespectful and a dangerous no-win path to be going down.

The op clearly ask about tickets for a potential final and says "if/when" we beat Israel. Did you bother to read it before ranting a lot of shite about turning into England?

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

This version of the euros isn’t very good and the nations league wasn’t great either. In saying that, if it gets us into the euros proper, I’ll take it all back 

I think the Nations League was a breath of fresh air. Much better than meaningless friendlies. At least for competitive games, we get about half our better players tuning up. Hardly any of them can be bothered turning up for friendlies.

The Nations League gave us some of our most exciting games in the past couple of decades. A decent win and performance at home to Albania. Total pish in Israel. Fantastic away win in Albania and scraped through a nervy home win against Israel. A fair mixture of entertainment.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Nations League was a breath of fresh air. Much better than meaningless friendlies. At least for competitive games, we get about half our better players tuning up. Hardly any of them can be bothered turning up for friendlies.

The Nations League gave us some of our most exciting games in the past couple of decades. A decent win and performance at home to Albania. Total pish in Israel. Fantastic away win in Albania and scraped through a nervy home win against Israel. A fair mixture of entertainment.

The Nations League has been totally brilliant. Even if we hadn't made the playoffs it would have meant at least a couple of competitive matches unless we lost the the first two or three.

I know it sounds stupid but one of the main reasons we don't qualify for major tournaments  is that we don't qualify for major tournaments. We just don't have that competitive experience, there was one tournament we were the first country that became mathematically impossible to qualify, even the San Marino's of the world still could. We have had a lot of meaningless group games over thee last few years, pretty much the same this year.

Some one suggested that our higher League, pot ,group or what ever you call it next time will lead to games being the same as meaningless friendlies once qualifying was impossible. Pretty sure Relegation would mean quite a lot to our players too.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

True the games were pretty good but not a fan of the format 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We just don't have that competitive experience, there was one tournament we were the first country that became mathematically impossible to qualify, even the San Marino's of the world still could.

To quote The Inbetweeners, ‘CAN that be true?’

To quote Chewin’ The Fat, ‘I smell s**te.’

What I’m trying to say is, what you’ve said is completely false.

31 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

To quote The Inbetweeners, ‘CAN that be true?’

To quote Chewin’ The Fat, ‘I smell s**te.’

What I’m trying to say is, what you’ve said is completely false.

We just don't have that competitive experience, there was one tournament we were the first country that became mathematically impossible to qualify, even the San Marino's of the world still could.

Er, I'm pretty sure that it's correct I'm afraid.   Can CMF kindly do the do the legwork though and back up the claim? 😑

59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Correct. We were the first team to be eliminated from World Cup 2014.

I’m not sure what’s true and what isn’t any more, but surely you mean the first EUROPEAN team?!

Amazingly, I think that the original claim may be true. I’ve tried to disprove it, but it looks legitimate. I can’t believe I don’t remember this/didn’t know this!

It’s not that we were the first team to be eliminated in terms of how much of the group had been played, but rather the first team chronologically to be eliminated, as our group had completed more matches than many other groups at that stage.

I apologize to the person I accused of lying, that is a bizarre statistical anomaly that had passed me by, and one which looked too ridiculous to be true.

8 hours ago, dohadeer said:

I’m not sure what’s true and what isn’t any more, but surely you mean the first EUROPEAN team?!

Amazingly, I think that the original claim may be true. I’ve tried to disprove it, but it looks legitimate. I can’t believe I don’t remember this/didn’t know this!

It’s not that we were the first team to be eliminated in terms of how much of the group had been played, but rather the first team chronologically to be eliminated, as our group had completed more matches than many other groups at that stage.

I apologize to the person I accused of lying, that is a bizarre statistical anomaly that had passed me by, and one which looked too ridiculous to be true.

Keep looking and get back to us if you find another team eliminated before Scotland. :ok: