Conspiracy Theories - relative likelihood? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Conspiracy Theories - relative likelihood?

• 2 years later...

Have recently watched & listened to a couple of podcasts with author Tom O'Neill

His book CHAOS: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties was released in 2019 after 20 years of research

It is quite an eyeopener into what we think is the truthful narrative for a multitude of events 

This is good by Rob Zombie and touches on a lot of the false narratives

What isn't expanded is that Manson knew Terry Melcher's new address way before the murders at Cielo Drive and that Melcher actually met Manson twice after the murders

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 8:19 PM, exile said:

Which conspiracy theories, or other unexplained phenomena, are more likely true than others, and why?

For example out of this lot, I'd put these from most to least likely:

1. Princess Diana car crash wasn't an accident but was deliberately crafted. 

2. 9/11 didn't happen the way US officials say (hostile jihadi hijackers) but was devised by the US / CIA / whoever.

3. Some UFOs are alien craft.

Or, here are some more scientific ones

1. There was no Big Bang 

2. Darwinian evolution is mistaken

3. The Earth is flat

The idea is not to challenge people's beliefs or promote/suppress conspiracy theories but to see how differently people try to judge the likelihoods

The term "conspiracy theory" is a pejorative that was devised as a strategy to undermine folk who questioned the official version of events. Most recent "conspiracy theories" are absolute bonkers, and were promoted (probably by CIA etc) for this purpose. Chemtrails, the re-emergence of Flat Earthism, 911 demolition stuff etc.

They had to do this because there was too much heat being generated over Pan Am/Lockerbie and the original 911 stuff. Probably Diana too. 

Julian Assange isn't locked up for nothing. There is an information war out there, and truth was the first casualty.

These F-117s were flying over Nevada in 1981.   that's before E.T. and Flight of the navigator - just to compare with public imagination.   A few curve balls out there would have been likely.

0578871.jpg?v=v40&f=1&nofb=1

And this beastie was flying in 1964, back when we had a real coal fire, two black and white grainy channels, a valve radio, a weekly bath in the (room-and-)kitchen sink and a shared lavvy in the close.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimgix.gizmodo.com.au%2Fcontent%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2014%2F12%2F13%2Frzrtdukl3epe4dlnqydg.jpg%3Fauto%3Dformat%26fit%3Dfill%26q%3D80%26w%3D1280%26nr%3D20&f=1&nofb=1

12 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

These F-117s were flying over Nevada in 1981.   that's before E.T. and Flight of the navigator - just to compare with public imagination.   A few curve balls out there would have been likely.

And this beastie was flying in 1964, back when we had a real coal fire, two black and white grainy channels, a valve radio, a weekly bath in the (room-and-)kitchen sink and a shared lavvy in the close.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimgix.gizmodo.com.au%2Fcontent%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2014%2F12%2F13%2Frzrtdukl3epe4dlnqydg.jpg%3Fauto%3Dformat%26fit%3Dfill%26q%3D80%26w%3D1280%26nr%3D20&f=1&nofb=1

That's fucking weird I was literally talking about flight of the navigator 2 hours ago.

1 hour ago, Flat Earth said:

Julian Assange isn't locked up for nothing. There is an information war out there, and truth was the first casualty.

Vincent Bugliosi became a multi millionaire mainly through writing books about the JFK assassination and the Tate-Labianca murders which thanks to the mainstream media are widely regarded as the truth in both cases.

I have yet to be convinced that Oswald didnt act alone or that someone was pulling his strings however both the CIA and the FBI made major cock-ups which allowed it to happen.

These mistakes were brushed under the carpet when everyone's attention is focused on whether Oswald actually did it

The Manson case is more disturbing because the Government, The Judiciary, Law Enforcement agencies and the mainstream media concocted a ridiculous story and when they got away with it (thanks to the assailants being as thick as shit, fucked by LSD which was given to them during the trial, and defence lawyers who were working for the prosecution)  the door was opened wider than before.

They did take part in murders but that isnt why those that are still alive will never be released

9 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Kind of makes you wonder how technology  advanced so quickly after Rosswell 

15 hours ago, Flat Earth said:

The term "conspiracy theory" is a pejorative that was devised as a strategy to undermine folk who questioned the official version of events. Most recent "conspiracy theories" are absolute bonkers, and were promoted (probably by CIA etc) for this purpose. Chemtrails, the re-emergence of Flat Earthism, 911 demolition stuff etc.

They had to do this because there was too much heat being generated over Pan Am/Lockerbie and the original 911 stuff. Probably Diana too. 

So which of Diana, 911 or UFOs as alien craft do you think is most or least likely?

I think its more likely than not that there are aliens out there. I can stretch to believe that they have made contact / landed on earth. In such a situation I can totally understand why a government would initially keep it a secret however what I cant understand is why it would still be a secret decades later. There would be little to no benefit of keeping it a secret now. In fact news of aliens would likely benefit ecconomies etc as it would give the human race a booster to explore and gain knowledge etc.

20 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Vincent Bugliosi became a multi millionaire mainly through writing books about the JFK assassination and the Tate-Labianca murders which thanks to the mainstream media are widely regarded as the truth in both cases.

I have yet to be convinced that Oswald didnt act alone or that someone was pulling his strings however both the CIA and the FBI made major cock-ups which allowed it to happen.

These mistakes were brushed under the carpet when everyone's attention is focused on whether Oswald actually did it

The Manson case is more disturbing because the Government, The Judiciary, Law Enforcement agencies and the mainstream media concocted a ridiculous story and when they got away with it (thanks to the assailants being as thick as shit, fucked by LSD which was given to them during the trial, and defence lawyers who were working for the prosecution)  the door was opened wider than before.

They did take part in murders but that isnt why those that are still alive will never be released

Evidence of revision was always a good watch. 

I firmly believe that our Universe of billions of galaxies (each containing billions of solar systems) is more than likely teaming with life, with a small fraction of that being intelligent life.

There could be civilisations out there millions of years more advanced than us, so with that in mind, I doubt we have been visited by any aliens, I mean if you had that mind-blowing (to us anyway) technology, to travel the galaxies and at speed of light, I highly doubt your going to travel with that amount of technology and then crash land in a desert in Nevada 🤣