Conspiracy Theories - relative likelihood? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Conspiracy Theories - relative likelihood?

16 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Between her and Madonna Id say.

The royals reaction after she died wasn't exactly caring, I remember they got a lot of abuse over it.

I recall a reading news story about how the Queen was blubbing her eyes out when the royal yacht (Britannia was it) was scrapped but that not a feckin tear was shed over her daughter in law's death.

The Thomas Cook insolvency is a deliberately-engineered prelude to a quickfire EU referendum called by remain so that the type of f*ckwit who hasn’t heard of the internet or Expedia can’t be in the country to vote leave again.

Am looking forward to days of rolling news coverage of plucky Brits battling their way back to Blighty after spending days sleeping on the floor (with their innumerable children) in some sweaty airport which has one vending machine to cater for 2,000 people.

1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

The Thomas Cook insolvency is a deliberately-engineered prelude to a quickfire EU referendum called by remain so that the type of f*ckwit who hasn’t heard of the internet or Expedia can’t be in the country to vote leave again.

Am looking forward to days of rolling news coverage of plucky Brits battling their way back to Blighty after spending days sleeping on the floor (with their innumerable children) in some sweaty airport which has one vending machine to cater for 2,000 people.

People using travel agents in this day and age deserve all they get. 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

People using travel agents in this day and age deserve all they get. 

Someone writing in the guardian saying that Thomas Cook where using holiday brochures  whilst everyone else was using barcodes so I guess it’s there own doing for not keeping up 

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

Again - so what.  Other than some racists getting the arse about it, what would the possible implications be?

Who knows, I'm not racist so don't think like that but the monarchy clearly do. They are arsey about some versions of Christianity (RC) so it's not out with the realms of possibility that they would be adverse to future king having a wee brown brother called Mohamed.

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

Again - so what.  Other than some racists getting the arse about it, what would the possible implications be?

That's the argument in itself. Look at the kerfuffle for 3 decades about marrying a divorcee. Hardly progressive thinking in those circles.

Princess Anne had to remarry in the church of Scotland, Charles had to have a civil ceremony, and these were children not the in-law.

Contemporaneously you have to give up the throne if you marry a catholic, what do you have to give up if you marry a Muslim? Not that Royal families haven't historically been interested in Blood lines and eugenics and all that jazz.

Anyway arguing reasoning is daft, what does the evidence say, not whether you believe it possible.

I bet i'm the only person on the board who has read the full report from the Diana Inquiry anyway.

The interesting thing is the embalming done by Jean monceau and all the contradictions about who ordered it. The Consul-general and the embalmer giving conflicting testimony.

So there's an angle for a cover-up. French law was not followed , the Emblamer said he got verbal confirmation from consul-general (legally it has to be written) but Keith Moss says he didn't understand what the embalmer was suggesting.

Incidentally the "Diana murder" is the only conspiracy theory my gran believes. She only reads about true crimes and forensics, totally fascinated by the whole genre. I couldn't watch the stuff she watches and reads and sleeps soundly every night.

I'm much more confident in 9/11 being co-opted and allowed to happen than i am Dana got murdered. However i can identify a potential cover-up problem from the testimony of the embalmer and Consul-General.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

That's the argument in itself. Look at the kerfuffle for 3 decades about marrying a divorcee. Hardly progressive thinking in those circles.

Princess Anne had to remarry in the church of Scotland, Charles had to have a civil ceremony, and these were children not the in-law.

Contemporaneously you have to give up the throne if you marry a catholic, what do you have to give up if you marry a Muslim? Not that Royal families haven't historically been interested in Blood lines and eugenics and all that jazz.

Anyway arguing reasoning is daft, what does the evidence say, not whether you believe it possible.

I bet i'm the only person on the board who has read the full report from the Diana Inquiry anyway.

The interesting thing is the embalming done by Jean monceau and all the contradictions about who ordered it. The Consul-general and the embalmer giving conflicting testimony.

So there's an angle for a cover-up. French law was not followed , the Emblamer said he got verbal confirmation from consul-general (legally it has to be written) but Keith Moss says he didn't understand what the embalmer was suggesting.

I kind of get all that, there's the added complication of the monarch being the defender of the faith but carrying out a plot to kill someone does seem to me to be a bit of a stretch, especially someone no longer a member of the Royal Family.

BTW, marrying a Roman Catholic is no longer a bar to taking the throne, this was repealed in 2013.

There is a conspiracy theory about the Bradford City Stadium fire.

It relates to the then chairman of the club and the remarkable amount of (handsomely insured) shops and offices owed by him that had caught fire in preceding years.

Any Yorkshire based posters have anything they'd like to say about this ?

Folk kill their kids for crying, it's pretty unbelievable thinking about it, or murder someone cause they start going out with someone else.

It's cause of Diana we know about Jimmy Saville being the confidante etc. We know she was being bugged (squidgygate)

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Why did you use the present tense then?

Cause i wrote the sentence without " Contemporaneously " then thought, oh aye they changed that now. Put it in and was so happy that the little red line didn't come up to say I had spelled it incorrectly i forgot to change the tense of the original sentence.

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There is a conspiracy theory about the Bradford City Stadium fire.

It relates to the then chairman of the club and the remarkable amount of (handsomely insured) shops and offices owed by him that had caught fire in preceding years.

Any Yorkshire based posters have anything they'd like to say about this ?

Personally I think it’s credible but unlikely. Stafford Heginbotham was a bit of a shady character & had a pre-existing reputation for being a bit of an arsonist if it suited his business interests. 

However, you have to ask the obvious questions of why & what the evidence points to. Now it’s obvious from the footage that there was more than likely a single starting point. Anyone who knows Valley Parade (my own first of many visits there was more or less a year to the day before the fire) knows it was crumbling as were many stadia of the day. The official line of a cigarette dropping onto years-worth of rubbish under a wooden stand is entirely believable. 

City had just won promotion so the club itself was probably financially ok. The ground burning down might well have been useful from an insurance point of view but a late night ‘kids broke in’ story would have been just as good so why do it during a televised match with a huge crowd?

So my own view is that the guy making the claims is probably still trying to deal with his grief & looking for something/somebody to pin that on. But as with all these things...who knows for sure?

8 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Personally I think it’s credible but unlikely. Stafford Heginbotham was a bit of a shady character & had a pre-existing reputation for being a bit of an arsonist if it suited his business interests. 

However, you have to ask the obvious questions of why & what the evidence points to. Now it’s obvious from the footage that there was more than likely a single starting point. Anyone who knows Valley Parade (my own first of many visits there was more or less a year to the day before the fire) knows it was crumbling as were many stadia of the day. The official line of a cigarette dropping onto years-worth of rubbish under a wooden stand is entirely believable. 

City had just won promotion so the club itself was probably financially ok. The ground burning down might well have been useful from an insurance point of view but a late night ‘kids broke in’ story would have been just as good so why do it during a televised match with a huge crowd?

So my own view is that the guy making the claims is probably still trying to deal with his grief & looking for something/somebody to pin that on. But as with all these things...who knows for sure?

Very interesting as always Huddersfield :ok:

I guess we can safely label that one as junk then. 

Is Heginbotham still alive ? 

Another one I just remembered is a recently posed one involving Rudolph Hess' flight to Scotland.

There's been suggestions in recent years that it was actually an ambitious, carefully orchestrated trap planned by British intelligence.

The theory is that they identified Hess' weakening mental state and compulsive personality. Constructed an elaborate web of fictional Nazi sympathisers plotting a coup against Churchill. This false information was then fed to Hess by willing neutral diplomats who held anti-Nazi sympathies. Over the course of several months it built up, came to a head and Hess took the bait. 

The official state documents regarding his flight to Scotland will be released in 2041 so we'll find out the whole story then.

The conspiracy theory that the Titanic was switched with her sister ship the Olympic as part of an insurance scam is without a doubt, a candidate for the dumbest conspiracy theory ever dreamt up.