Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany.

EddardStark

got a bad feeling about the poland game but i just hope we go over there, really show some baws and show we are the superior side. like when england played the swiss last month - they eventually overpowered them. we've gone to macedonia and croatia recently, both tough matches and done them. lets do it again.

we'll hit them on the counter, its perfectly suited for our current 11

just need to keep it tight at the back, centre half's again could be decider

if they play 0-0 will be fine

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the results in the other group games could not have gone any worse for us so far.

Still totally in our hands of course, but I would be nice to get a few favours here and there.

Still convinced that we are better than eire and can take points off Poland.

I saw the game Jeck.......as i said above.....i saw nothing from them that would make me think scotland or Ireland couldnt get a result over there

How Germany lost the game , I dont know......attempts on goal: Poland 4 , Germany 24....with germany having 62 possesion

Thats not taking from polands result.....christ IF we somehow manage to Beat Germany in Dublin next year, even if its the greatest fluke result of all time ......i will celebrate for years after it :guitar:

Agree completely.

Poland deserve praise for the result but it wasn't an especially impressive performance - had they played genuinely well, Germany wouldn't have had eight or nine 100% chances to miss. Germany having an off day in front of goal was nothing to do with Poland, an identical performance from Poland would usually bring a 4-1 thrashing rather than 2-0 win so there's no reason for us to be crapping ourselves now.

If we play badly in Warsaw on Tuesday, there's a good chance we'll lose but given our form there's no reason to think we won't keep playing well. And should that happen, I reckon we'll get at least a draw.

the main thing bugging me is if chances start falling to naismith will he take them? like him as a player but worried he's no got a finish in him when it counts. seems to be making it a bad habit with scotland

I'm getting a wee bit worried about that too.

Don't get me wrong, I think Naismith is, after Scott Brown, one of the first names on the teamsheet. There's no denying he creates a lot of chances for us, doesn't shirk on the pitch and always looks to go forwards never a side or back passer by any means

However it's him needing to take about forty touches on the ball when he's inside the box in a shooting position rather than just "pulling the trigger" and unleashing a shot that really bugs me. Defenders can't believe their luck when he does that. It's as though he's trying to just walk the ball into the net.

Don't be shy Naisy, just put yir foot right through it and listen to the fans roar !

Not sure they are. Argentina beat Germany in September.

I stand corrected :ok:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I dont know about that mate

Georgia are an OK side especially at home......They have the capabilities to take pts off the bigger teams in the group , especially at home....and i think they will.

Hope to watch the Scotland/Georgia game later today

Equally I still think one(maybe both) of scotland/Ireland will get a point(points) in Poland despite their defeat of germany last night.......Im not taking anything away from Poland on their Great result.....but I saw plenty of errors from poland that Ireland and scotland could exploit

Spot on. I am not going to mess my pants on the back of one random result and yes it is random if you look at Poland's results in competitive matches in the last five years. Look at the stats of the match as well. Overwhelmingly, Germany were on top and by all accounts could have been 5-0 up at half-time but they had a horror night up front and paid for it. Yes I will say it is a dream result for Poland but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Na, just a friendly. We take the World Champs title when we beat Poland on Tuesday :wink2:

Na, friendlies count as well. We will need to get a friendly against Brasil if we want to win that back again. Brasil beat Argentina yesterday.

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/

Which is good for us as Argentina are one of the teams with a good chance of catching Scotland at the top of the all time table.

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/rankings/

Edited by Orraloon

Poland will play with alot more open style when they play ye in warsaw and also when they host us in warsaw next year

As Ireland and Scotland are polands direct competition for that second spot .....they know they will have to beat us both in their place to achieve that....so they will open up and leave themselves exposed on the counter......they are quite limited in defence.....if germany had their shooting boots on ....they would have been out of sight by half time on saturday night

If Scotland/Ireland can keep it tight for the first 30mins in warsaw , i would be very confident of both our sides of catching poland on the counter and causing them trouble

Unless , we manage to take points off Germany in their place on Tuesday , I can still see Germany winning this group and Im quite sure the polish can too and second spot is their priority along with both our own nations

Germany didn`t create a single 100% chance in that game. It`s a fact,

Loads of halfchances? Yes, some 3/4 chances? yep

Never seen my team defending so well. And as we all know, we are not particularly famous for defence.

Also tactically. I didn`t recognise the team. Some really good work had been completed by our caches.

Question is if it`s one-off or trend has just been set. Players talking about very good atmosphere in the team and their confidence in managing team.

Every team in our group would be delighted with such scoreline against germans. And something special has to be shown to achieve that. I think we will see on tuesday how hard is to get result against them.

It doesn`t mean we will win comfortably with Scotland (or win at all) or with anybody in the group but so many people writing about Germany chances...Szczesny played very well but a lot of shots were relatively weak and in the middle of the goal. Or the shooter got defender "glued" to his leg while shooting.

Tactial and defensive masterpiece, especially second half. But will mean nothing if we won`t qualify. So still plenty of work, hard games and possible upsets in a very competitive and open group.

Edited by fanatyk

Never seen my team defending so well. And as we all know, we are not particularly famous for defence.

Also tactically. I didn`t recognise the team. Some really good work had been completed by our caches.

Question is if it`s one-off or trend has just been set. Players talking about very good atmosphere in the team and their confidence in managing team.

Every team in our group would be delighted with such scoreline against germans. And something special has to be shown to achieve that. I think we will see on tuesday how hard is to get result against them.

It doesn`t mean we will win comfortably with Scotland (or win at all) or with anybody in the group but so many people writing about Germany chances...Szczesny played very well but a lot of shots were relatively weak and in the middle of the goal. Or the shooter got defender "glued" to his leg while shooting.

Tactial and defensive masterpiece, especially second half. But will mean nothing if we won`t qualify. So still plenty of work, hard games and possible upsets in a very competitive and open group.

Fair enough. :ok:

It was a fantastic result (however it came about) and there can be no denying that. If I were a Pole now though my big fear would be complacency. I'd be worried the players may feel that if they can beat Germany then they needn't worry about Scotland and Ireland. Your confidence will be boosted but also pressure increases as expectations from the fans rise.

hey Mate

Nobody on here is taking away anything from Poland - masive credit to ye guys on an amazing result

All we are saying is that ye are still beatable despite yere fantastic win the other night

As you said yourself - you aint sure if its a once off - and neither are scottish or irish fans!

Germany have not hit top form since they have won the world cup and that is just a fact - i pray to god they decide not to hit top form against my boys tomorrow night, because if they do......its going to be a long 90 mins for us.

To beat a side like Germany, nations like scotland, poland and ireland need a big performance from themselves and a little bit of luck (i.e Germany not hitting top form)

Equally that is not taking anything away from Scotlands perfomance in Dortmund - which along with Polands, i thought was excellent.

If germany continue to be slightly disjointed and my lads play to their max then MAYBE we can get result tomorrow night ....but we need BOTH those things to happen.

Anyway like i said - not taking anything away from yere result and a massive 3 pts for ye guys - hope you enjoyed the celebrations and that the head isnt too sore this morning :ok:

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising