Predictions for the next three matches - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next three matches

The_Dark_Knight

On 8/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Ireland away in 2015 seemed to sum up why we don’t qualify or make play offs, settling for a point when a win was achievable away from home. 

A point was fine. Taking 4 points off a direct rival should be enough to finish above them and get a play off. What changed things in that group was losing 1-0 in georgia (ROI won there 2-1 in the last minute in the first game of the group) and then ROI fluking a 1-0 win over Germany. Poland also beat Germany at home which made finishing over them very tough.

Frustrating as that was a really good chance of qualifying ending with another no show in Tiblisi and then a fluke win.

Is Hazard in the Belgium squad btw? Haven't checked but he hasn't played for Madrid yet and dosen't seem in best condition according to reports. Vertongthen not playing much for Spurs either.

Belgium have many WC players but no Hazard should reduce their creative and goal output a little bit.

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

A point was fine. Taking 4 points off a direct rival should be enough to finish above them and get a play off. What changed things in that group was losing 1-0 in georgia (ROI won there 2-1 in the last minute in the first game of the group) and then ROI fluking a 1-0 win over Germany. Poland also beat Germany at home which made finishing over them very tough.

Frustrating as that was a really good chance of qualifying ending with another no show in Tiblisi and then a fluke win.

Hope we never draw Georgia ever again. 

6 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Is Hazard in the Belgium squad btw? Haven't checked but he hasn't played for Madrid yet and dosen't seem in best condition according to reports. Vertongthen not playing much for Spurs either.

Belgium have many WC players but no Hazard should reduce their creative and goal output a little bit.

Just read that Zidane has said Hazard isn't available for Belgium's 2 qualifiers next week . A small bit if good news for us 

38 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No worries. The Russia away game is 10/10/19, day before my birthday. Contact me then and name you charity.

Only if Scotland don't score a goal.

Deal.

I was going to add a "Own goals don't count" clause, but to hell with it, if we score via an own goal it still counts and I'll honour the wager.

The "month exile" will begin the day we score. So if we score at home to Russia (6/9/19) the bet will activate then and there and I'll be gone for the subsequently 30 days. Same rules apply for the next two matches.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

18 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Deal.

I was going to add a "Own goals don't count" clause, but to hell with it, if we score via an own goal it still counts and I'll honour the wager.

The "month exile" will begin the day we score. So if we score at home to Russia (6/9/19) the bet will activate then and there and I'll be gone for the subsequently 30 days. Same rules apply for the next two matches.

👍

12 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

👍

And if anyone else wants to pile-on to this bet make it known.

"£30 to a charity of my choice if we don't score in Scotland's next three matches, me exiling this play for a month if we do score." Each bet will add another month.

Who knows, we might get enough money to cure cancer... Or I might not be able to post here for about three years..  :P

Disclaimer: I'll require proof of the charitable contribution. 

17 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

And if anyone else wants to pile-on to this bet make it known.

"£30 to a charity of my choice if we don't score in Scotland's next three matches, me exiling this play for a month if we do score." Each bet will add another month.

Who knows, we might get enough money to cure cancer... Or I might not be able to post here for about three years..  :P

Disclaimer: I'll require proof of the charitable contribution. 

Lol what a fantastic bet. I think we will score 1 goal, might lose all three games but I think we will get a goal. I would be sad to see you go for a month, you might be a repetitive pain in the arse but I do like discussing your opinions none the less.

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol what a fantastic bet. I think we will score 1 goal, might lose all three games but I think we will get a goal. I would be sad to see you go for a month, you might be a repetitive pain in the arse but I do like discussing your opinions none the less.

And it's all for a worthy cause... But also the charity. :P

Aw shucks. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on here... It's the ONLY nice thing anyone has ever said to me here. ;)

Hopefully the exile begins one minute into the next Russia match (and we win all three... Not that I'm greedy or anything) as it'll make the bet worthwhile.

Here's hoping that this bet will screw with the fates and for once the coin lands on our side. Fongers crossed. :)

29 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Thought you guys might be interested in this stat in regards to your bet:

This Friday marks six years to the very day that Scotland last failed to score a goal in a home qualifying match, and it was against Belgium. 

Mmmmhhh... Very interesting.

Weird how was against Belgium... Would've been weirder if Belgium were coming up on Frday.

In all actuality, the best chance we have of scoring is this Friday. I don't think we'll get a sniff in Russia or Belgium.

53 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Mmmmhhh... Very interesting.

Weird how was against Belgium... Would've been weirder if Belgium were coming up on Frday.

In all actuality, the best chance we have of scoring is this Friday. I don't think we'll get a sniff in Russia or Belgium.

We're not playing in Belgium.