Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 133 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Id start him against isreal along with cooper. Mckenna and gallagher wont get us to a finals

Careful now, that sort of talk isn’t welcome here. 

Most folk on here will tell you Hanley should never be selected again for making some mistakes when playing for Scotland a couple of years ago and that Cooper is not “international class”, whatever that means. 

1 minute ago, bigfingers said:

I would normally have mckenna in but even the player himself has admitted his value halved in the past year. 

He hasn’t been the same since he came back from injury last year. Hopefully he’ll get back to his best form soon but he’s not exactly playing fantastically at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Hanley starting again for Norwich tonight v Leicester . Must be doing something right in his manager's eyes 

Think hanley probably deserves another chance at it. Not that ive watched alot of norwich but if hes gettin games he canny be all bad. Certainly playing at a decent level, best of any of our cb options.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

Yeah, I think it’s pretty disrespectful to spell the names of any of our players incorrectly. That’s what these two corrections related to. If I was spelling a Scotland player’s name incorrectly, I’d want to be told as soon as possible, so that I could correct it. Pretty inexcusable to be unable to spell the name of a Scotland player!

You were actually pulling me up on putting apostrophes in places I shouldn't. I tend not to go back and correct these things as it would take me a long time and I can't be arsed. 

I think it's an easy mistake to spell players names wrong and you tend to pull ppl up on it when the vast majority don't give a fuck. Same with the apostrophes. You seem determined to piss ppl off, not that it pisses me off. I more pity you as you don't seem to be the full shilling tbh. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You were actually pulling me up on putting apostrophes in places I shouldn't. I tend not to go back and correct these things as it would take me a long time and I can't be arsed. 

I think it's an easy mistake to spell players names wrong and you tend to pull ppl up on it when the vast majority don't give a fuck. Same with the apostrophes. You seem determined to piss ppl off, not that it pisses me off. I more pity you as you don't seem to be the full shilling tbh. 

I don’t think that you can judge ‘full-shillingness’ based on comments on an internet message board! I’m perfectly ok in that regard, I promise.

Well, it was an apostrophe in the middle of Leigh Griffiths’ name, every single time that you wrote it, which irked me. That’s just laziness, rather than a one-off mistake. As I said, I can only speak for myself, but if I was spelling someone’s name incorrectly, I’d rather be told, so that I could correct it. I think it’s a bit rude to spell someone’s name incorrectly.

8 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I don’t think that you can judge ‘full-shillingness’ based on comments on an internet message board! I’m perfectly ok in that regard, I promise.

Well, it was an apostrophe in the middle of Leigh Griffiths’ name, every single time that you wrote it, which irked me. That’s just laziness, rather than a one-off mistake. As I said, I can only speak for myself, but if I was spelling someone’s name incorrectly, I’d rather be told, so that I could correct it. I think it’s a bit rude to spell someone’s name incorrectly.

Yet your the only one who cared. It's an Internet message board, spelling names right or putting apostrophes in the right places is not something ppl care deeply about. As I said you seem desperate to annoy everyone. Why is anyones guess. 

Edited by mccaughey85

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yet your the only one who cared. It's an Internet message board, spelling names right or putting apostrophes in the right places is not something ppl care deeply about. As I said you seem desperate to annoy everyone. Why is anyones guess. 

If it was a one-off mistake I’d probably have let it slide, or not even have noticed it. The fact you were doing it every time, suggested that you didn’t know how to spell his name, which was why I pointed it out to you. You claim it was down to laziness, but that’s just as bad!

Either way, no reason to keep spelling Leigh Griffiths’ name incorrectly. 

Maybe it’s just because I have an unusual name, which people spell wrongly almost daily, but I find it disrespectful to not take the time and effort to spell someone’s name correctly.

Edited by dohadeer

14 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

If it was a one-off mistake I’d probably have let it slide, or not even have noticed it. The fact you were doing it every time, suggested that you didn’t know how to spell his name, which was why I pointed it out to you. You claim it was down to laziness, but that’s just as bad!

Maybe it’s just because I have an unusual name, which people spell wrongly almost daily, but I find it disrespectful to not take the time and effort to spell someone’s name correctly.

Dohadeer is quite an unusual name. 😂

Should really be capitalised though. 

Kenny McLean was decent to night and has played in all Norwich's games this season.

Not suggesting he should., but if he was to get picked I wouldn't choke on my cornflakes.

Possible that the only decent 44 minutes we have had against decent opposition was with him and Mctominay together in Belgium.

Team that day has to be weaker than our next game 

Marshall O'Donnell Mulgrew  McKenna Taylor Russell McTominay McLean McGregor Burke Armstrong

Looking at it now that was one of our best results in the group.

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Kenny McLean was decent to night and has played in all Norwich's games this season.

Not suggesting he should., but if he was to get picked I wouldn't choke on my cornflakes.

Possible that the only decent 44 minutes we have had against decent opposition was with him and Mctominay together in Belgium.

Team that day has to be weaker than our next game 

Marshall O'Donnell Mulgrew  McKenna Taylor Russell McTominay McLean McGregor Burke Armstrong

Looking at it now that was one of our best results in the group.

Yeah, another quality midfielder who should be in with a shout.

Probably a few slightly ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment, but only just.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Quality is a bit much, but no better or worse than McGregor or Armstrong. 

I’d say anyone who is playing regularly in the English Premiership is a quality player.

Hmmm, slightly less attacking than Armstrong maybe? And I’d say slightly lower standard maybe, but perhaps that’s more of a judgement on Norwich and Southampton than the players themselves.

8 hours ago, dohadeer said:

"let it slide" lol. Seriously you are not the full shilling and I think you need to reign yourself in a little. I actually didn't spell his name wrong, I just placed apostrophes in the wrong place. You are too arrogant to realise that it's a message board and it's not particularly a big deal to most ppl on here if someone puts an apostrophe in the wrong place or spells a players name wrong for that matter as most of us have autocorrect and we can't be arsed going back every two seconds to change it. If it was an important document or conversation we were having then I would make sure spelling etc was correct. As I said you seem determined to rub folk up the wrong way rather than sticking to the discussion which I think is something you do when you realise your points are making no sense. 

Hanley getting an 8 out of 10 in the Norwich paper. Fan's forum happy with him. Has had a solid game last night against 3rd in the league and a clean sheet. Norwich away at Spurs live on Wednesday. Looks like there's live games all week featuring Scottish players who should be in our team or squad for Israel. Interesting times. Would be the icing on the cake if Gilmour got game time. I'd have him in the squad regardless. 

49 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hanley getting an 8 out of 10 in the Norwich paper. Fan's forum happy with him. Has had a solid game last night against 3rd in the league and a clean sheet. Norwich away at Spurs live on Wednesday. Looks like there's live games all week featuring Scottish players who should be in our team or squad for Israel. Interesting times. Would be the icing on the cake if Gilmour got game time. I'd have him in the squad regardless. 

Hopefully if Norwich go down some other epl team might buy Hanley. He's certainly not as bad as some make out and hes probably one of our best centre backs. Obviously that's not hard as our options there are seriously bad. Cooper should be playing epl next season so thats a positive. 

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

"let it slide" lol. Seriously you are not the full shilling and I think you need to reign yourself in a little. I actually didn't spell his name wrong, I just placed apostrophes in the wrong place. You are too arrogant to realise that it's a message board and it's not particularly a big deal to most ppl on here if someone puts an apostrophe in the wrong place or spells a players name wrong for that matter as most of us have autocorrect and we can't be arsed going back every two seconds to change it. If it was an important document or conversation we were having then I would make sure spelling etc was correct. As I said you seem determined to rub folk up the wrong way rather than sticking to the discussion which I think is something you do when you realise your points are making no sense. 

You can’t blame that on autocorrect, as that wouldn’t start throwing apostrophes in someone’s name for no reason, would it?

If autocorrect was putting apostrophes in the middle of a name, it must have seen you put them there several times previously.

Again, obviously you have a different opinion to me, but I thought that YOU were the one showing arrogance, by being too lazy/not caring enough to go back and delete the apostrophes!

I always read my posts once I’ve made them, and make a quick edit if there are any spelling mistakes/misclicks/grammar that doesn’t make sense etc. because I think it’s important to get things right. If you draw the line somewhere different then fair enough, but I don’t think that there’s an issue in telling someone when they keep making the same mistake over and over and over! 

14 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

You can’t blame that on autocorrect, as that wouldn’t start throwing apostrophes in someone’s name for no reason, would it?

If autocorrect was putting apostrophes in the middle of a name, it must have seen you put them there several times previously.

Again, obviously you have a different opinion to me, but I thought that YOU were the one showing arrogance, by being too lazy/not caring enough to go back and delete the apostrophes!

I always read my posts once I’ve made them, and make a quick edit if there are any spelling mistakes/misclicks/grammar that doesn’t make sense etc. because I think it’s important to get things right. If you draw the line somewhere different then fair enough, but I don’t think that there’s an issue in telling someone when they keep making the same mistake over and over and over! 

Shut up you pud.