Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 130 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

Barry Bannan is a decent midfielder, why is he being singled out for criticism?!

Barry Bannan is a decent midfielder but no where near International Class and with the current plethora of Midfield talent at our disposal will never be selected again!Ā 

6 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Barry Bannan is a decent midfielder but no where near International Class and with the current plethora of Midfield talent at our disposal will never be selected again!Ā 

I think he was a decent servant to Scotland though, not sure why his name was being singled out for criticism.

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I think he was a decent servant to Scotland though, not sure why his name was being singled out for criticism.

A decent servant to fill a holeĀ but I always felt he gave us nothing going forward and I mean nothing unfortunately.Ā 
Currently we have a wealth of playersĀ 

McGinn McTomminay McGregor Forrest Christie Jack Fleck Burke Fraser Armstrong ShinnieĀ 

9 minutes ago, broraboy said:

A decent servant to fill a holeĀ but I always felt he gave us nothing going forward and I mean nothing unfortunately.Ā 
Currently we have a wealth of playersĀ 

McGinn McTomminay McGregor Forrest Christie Jack Fleck Burke Fraser Armstrong ShinnieĀ 

Not sure why the name Shinnie is tagged on that list.....

13 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Not sure why the name Shinnie is tagged on that list.....

Presumably since heā€™s getting a semi-regular game for Derby and will likely feature in some future Scotland squads unlike Bannan?

I quite liked Bannan a few years back but he was far too inconsistent even for a Scotland player.Ā 

4 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

If he's good enough to be in the 18 for a team playing at that level, then he's good enough for a place in our squad.... McTominay and McGinn would get into the Chelsea squad but I doubt any of our other midfielders would

It's funny how no one disagrees with that, but when McTominay was coming through, loads said it was only because he plays at Man UTD that some of us wanted him in. Regards match fitness if McTominay or Gilmour are fit enough to sit on their respective benches they are fit enough to start for Scotland.

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Turnbull making his first appearance of the season. Unlikely to be in contention for the squad for the playoffs but hopefully he can rediscover his form from last seasonĀ 

I came on to the post about the same thing, his form last season was immense, right now He will be delighted toĀ be playing again, seemingly the injury would have been disastrous had it gone without attention.Ā 

16 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

3 clean sheets in a row for Liam Cooper.Ā 

Captains the team that have conceded the least in the championship and sit 2nd in the league.Ā 

Ā 

He's in the same boat as Hanley and McBurnie... Pure shite according to the tartan army knowfuckalls.Ā 

Ā 

We'll keep persevering with centre backs from Motheewell, Killie and AberdeenĀ 

42 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

He's in the same boat as Hanley and McBurnie... Pure shite according to the tartan army knowfuckalls.Ā 

Ā 

We'll keep persevering with centre backs from Motheewell, Killie and AberdeenĀ 

I think some people on here have problem with any one who started theirĀ career in England.