There is no dark side of the moon - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There is no dark side of the moon

21 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

I believe the correct terminology is flock.

I'm quoting the video, the guy says there is a whole fleet of the things they are tracking, Orraloon says they were tracking sea eagles.

I wasn't actually trying to get the correct collective noun for sea eagles. the actual collective noun for eagles is convocation or sometimes an aerie. Not flock.

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm quoting the video, the guy says there is a whole fleet of the things they are tracking, Orraloon says they were tracking sea eagles.

I wasn't actually trying to get the correct collective noun for sea eagles. the actual collective noun for eagles is convocation or sometimes an aerie. Not flock.

Fair enough, that's news to me. However the point I was really making was about use of language, fair enough the guy using fleet to describe the UFO's (or UFA is it) as by definition he couldn't identify them it. Its all very exciting, a fleet of UFO's, but upon investigation if you couldn't make better identification surely you'd have to go with it's probably a flock of birds, not quite as exciting.

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Well, well, well... 

Putting the dickhead aside, that is one pretty interesting article.

This UFO stuff - the really hard to explain 10% or less of incidents - is fundamentally weird. phart that blog i told you about (dont name it) documents this shit but I never really took it seriously...

That article has a lot of info but for example... these are not jakebags... military pilots.

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way.

“It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew.

“Speed doesn’t kill you,” Lieutenant Graves said. “Stopping does. Or acceleration.”

Asked what they thought the objects were, the pilots refused to speculate.

... a fucking sphere encasing a cube.

48 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well, well, well... 

Putting the dickhead aside, that is one pretty interesting article.

This UFO stuff - the really hard to explain 10% or less of incidents - is fundamentally weird. phart that blog i told you about (dont name it) documents this shit but I never really took it seriously...

That article has a lot of info but for example... these are not jakebags... military pilots.

... a fucking sphere encasing a cube.

More than happy to take a back seat here, liking the way this is going, most entertaining.

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

More than happy to take a back seat here, liking the way this is going, most entertaining.

How gracious. You owe me an apology you patronizing twat but never mind. No wonder you are "most happy to take a back seat'.

So it seems the increase in sightings happened after a RADAR upgrade.

Multiple F/A-18 Pilots Disclose Recent UFOs Encounters, New Radar Tech Key In Detection

A major upgrade in fighter jet radar tech seems to have been key in detecting and tracking bizarre objects flying in military training airspace.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28231/multiple-f-a-18-pilots-disclose-recent-ufos-encounters-new-radar-tech-key-in-detection

6 hours ago, phart said:

more background and also the Nimitz case which i had forgotten about.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/27666/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-ufos-and-department-of-defense

6 hours ago, phart said:

This is a really good read.

When it comes to the so-called "Tic Tac" incident that involved the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group off the Baja Peninsula in 2004, conclusions that are nearly impossible not to draw from it are so reality warping that even the forward-thinking aerospace community doesn't seem to have even begun coming to terms with them. 

The main revelation is that technology exists that is capable of performing flying maneuvers that shatter our perceptions of propulsion, flight controls, material science, and even physics. Let me underline this again for you, the Nimitz encounter with the Tic Tac proved that exotic technology that is widely thought of as the domain of science fiction actually exists. It is real. It isn't the result of altered perception, someone's lucid dream, a stray weather balloon, or swamp gas. Someone or something has crossed the technological Rubicon and has obtained what some would call the Holy Grail of aerospace engineering. 

This reality is very hard to process for many. There is always an out for some in the form of claiming an odd impromptu conspiracy or some hollow explanation that doesn't pass muster beyond the first paragraph, but in the end, it happened. As uncomfortable as that fact is, it's reality. So, we need to use this event as a lodestar going forward when it comes to evaluating and contemplating what is possible and where truth actually lies.

14 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Do you have to make your own travel arrangements?;)

It looks that way:

Nasa said that private commercial entities would be responsible for determining crew composition and ensuring that the private astronauts meet the medical and training requirements for spaceflight.

The two companies hired by Nasa are Elon Musk's SpaceX, which will use its Dragon capsule, and Boeing, which is building a spacecraft called the Starliner.

These companies are likely to charge any private astronaut a similar "taxi fare" to what they intend to charge Nasa for its astronauts - close to $60m per flight.

Plan B - stand at the bottom of the launchpad with my thumb out - it got me Town away matches right enough for years.

11 hours ago, phart said:

If the trip was 27 grand total even for say 24 hours it's not too bad, i can't afford it, if i could i might be tempted.

Would not get you half way across the Atlantic in a private jet alas. 60m for the flight I read. The us (Tito?) guy paid the Russians 20m and that was a good while ago when Russia was still wild.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Would not get you half way across the Atlantic in a private jet alas. 60m for the flight I read. The us (Tito?) guy paid the Russians 20m and that was a good while ago when Russia was still wild.

Yes I should've clarified the price was for accommodation only.