Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toepoke

There is no dark side of the moon

Recommended Posts

There is a dark side of the moon. 

There isn't a side that is constantly dark, though. A moon day lasts about 29.5 earth days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stocky said:

Pink Floyd would beg to differ,.,..,.,.,.,  Image result for dark side of the moon

The thread title is a quote from the album ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

:rolleyes:

I watched all the CGI last night.

Non-composite images of the Earth from space


Dear Visitor,

There are thousands of pictures of the Earth from space, contrary to what some flat Earth proponents claim.

These images of the Earth from space, all taken before the advent of CGI technology in 1976, and subsequent digital software (Photoshop was developed in 1987).  


Non-composite photos are single pristine photos, untouched and unaltered in any way.   

 

DwAgWMiW0AEnhGq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There are thousands of pictures of the Earth from space, contrary to what some flat Earth proponents claim.

But...are there thousands of pictures of the whole earth from space prior to 1976?

'Space' supposedly starts at 50 miles, so photos of parts of the earth from 'space' wouldn't be a big deal.

Remember that we are talking about a supposed event that supposedly took place 239,000 miles away from earth in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

But...are there thousands of pictures of the whole earth from space prior to 1976?

'Space' supposedly starts at 50 miles, so photos of parts of the earth from 'space' wouldn't be a big deal.

Remember that we are talking about a supposed event that supposedly took place 239,000 miles away from earth in 2019.

Here's one from the ISS. It's about 200 miles above Earth.  

Earth-from-ISS-2016-09-16-2.jpg

 

To photograph the whole planet you need to go much further up than most astronauts have gone, only the lunar explorers and that chap in his Tesla...

Elon_Musk's_Tesla_Roadster_(40143096241)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no two ways about it

Flat Earthers are morons

So if you want to appear like a moron keep stating that the earth is flat

Edited by Ally Bongo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Seriously?

Nice photo of the middle east. Looks just like the map too.

Here's the Indian subcontinent taken from a Gemini mission in 1966, not much CGI in them days...

India_and_Ceylon_as_seen_from_the_orbiti

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There are no two ways about it

Flat Earthers are morons

So if you want to appear like a moron keep stating that the earth is flat

Oh please, not name-calling. Anything but name-calling... :cry:

(Why didn't you just put that 'effort' into a rebuttal? You know... make a point?)

40 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nice photo of the middle east. Looks just like the map too.

Here's the Indian subcontinent taken from a Gemini mission in 1966, not much CGI in them days...

India_and_Ceylon_as_seen_from_the_orbiti

Looks like a painting with part of the Gemini thingy added in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What are the bright bits?

City lights. The really bright bit will be Cairo I suppose. Comme ca...

Scotland_at_night,_as_seen_from_space,_O

 

Edited by Toepoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

 

City lights. The really bright bit will be Cairo I suppose. Comme ca...

Scotland_at_night,_as_seen_from_space,_O

 

And don't forget the oil rigs!

Some excellent brushwork there! 

Edited by exile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Oh please, not name-calling. Anything but name-calling... :cry:

(Why didn't you just put that 'effort' into a rebuttal? You know... make a point?)

 

It was a generalisation and not specifcally aimed at you

However i'll expand (as a generalisation)

When someone spouts flat earth nonsense it doesnt do any good for their other worldly views .......

(ps - all relevent points have been made ad nauseam previously)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

 

City lights. The really bright bit will be Cairo I suppose. Comme ca...

Scotland_at_night,_as_seen_from_space,_O

"The really bright bit" would burn the retinas out of a person's head if there were actually people there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

It was a generalisation and not specifcally aimed at you

Well, you posted right after me (and I'm the only flat earther here). ;)

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

When someone spouts flat earth nonsense truth...

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

...it doesnt do any good for their other worldly views .......

My views are ultimately heavenly/eternal, but hiding 'flat earth' is probably the biggest jigsaw piece in the 'truth tapestry' of the deception levelled at the human experience.

Same onion, different layers.

I know that there's no one that's been back far enough to look at the earth as a whole.

The earth isn't a sphere and it isn't spinning.

That 'Emperor's New Clothes' deception is compartmentalisationally perpetuated by those (the enemy) in control of media, education, etc.

It's their way of attempting to hide God.

A geocentric earth would eliminate any possibility of evolution, aliens, etc. and leave us with 'special creation' being the only conclusion (so it's worth investigating).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

"The really bright bit" would burn the retinas out of a person's head if there were actually people there.

Not really, it's just a lot of light condensed into a smaller viewing area as your altitude increases.

You can see flashes of lightning brightly from space, watching those from the ground doesn't burn anyone's retinas out.

 

 

 

Edited by Toepoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a list of claims from previous flat earth threads on here:-

1) South Pole does not exist. 

2) Earth is surrounded by an impenetrable ice wall.

3) 60 years of continuous space exploration has been fabricated.

4) Southern hemisphere scheduled air travel is bogus.

5) Human eye is only capable of seeing for around 12 miles into the distance.

6) Earth is able to survive despite being 3000 miles from a functioning star.

7) Earth is encased in a dome like structure that cannot be explored. 

8 ) Sun never rises or sets over the horizon but fades in and out of view.

All of the above has to be correct or the argument totally falls down. Nevermind the lack of explanation on how seasons work, the differences in the visible night sky between summer and winter / north and south, how it's possible for Australia to have more than 4 hours of daylight etc.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Here's a list of claims from previous flat earth threads on here:-

1) South Pole does not exist. 

2) Earth is surrounded by an impenetrable ice wall.

3) 60 years of continuous space exploration has been fabricated.

4) Southern hemisphere scheduled air travel is bogus.

5) Human eye is only capable of seeing for around 12 miles into the distance.

6) Earth is able to survive despite being 3000 miles from a functioning star.

7) Earth is encased in a dome like structure that cannot be explored. 

8 ) Sun never rises or sets over the horizon but fades in and out of view.

All of the above has to be correct or the argument totally falls down. Nevermind the lack of explanation on how seasons work, the differences in the visible night sky between summer and winter / north and south, how it's possible for Australia to have more than 4 hours of daylight etc.

 

 

It really would be easier for a lot of people to fall back on "The words in the Bible arent always literal" line ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

"The really bright bit" would burn the retinas out of a person's head if there were actually people there.

Maybe it was a long exposure type shot on the camera to emphasize the lights. These cameras are not like you have at home. They are scientific instruments that build up composite images. They do not put a go pro on a stick. 

I got in photography a tiny tiny bit as a kid and quickly learned it is one very complicated, highly technical subject. You really need to understand what you are looking at to be able to draw those sort of conclusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Here's a list of claims from previous flat earth threads on here:-

1) South Pole does not exist. 

2) Earth is surrounded by an impenetrable ice wall.

3) 60 years of continuous space exploration has been fabricated.

4) Southern hemisphere scheduled air travel is bogus.

5) Human eye is only capable of seeing for around 12 miles into the distance.

6) Earth is able to survive despite being 3000 miles from a functioning star.

7) Earth is encased in a dome like structure that cannot be explored. 

8 ) Sun never rises or sets over the horizon but fades in and out of view.

All of the above has to be correct or the argument totally falls down. Nevermind the lack of explanation on how seasons work, the differences in the visible night sky between summer and winter / north and south, how it's possible for Australia to have more than 4 hours of daylight etc.

 

 

There are also arguments about why different stars are visible in the southern hemisphere, and which part of a ship (mast or hull) that is first visible over the horizon, and at a lunar eclipse, the shadow of the Earth -  which is round. 

The last one in particular is so easy to demonstrate, does not need maths or physics, or knowledge of technology, and can be seen with own eyes, nothing to do with government or media!...and as far as I know has never been refuted on here. 

Edited by exile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...