Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose?

Guest ElChris04

Think he got lucky on Saturday but who needs a good manager if you can have a lucky one.

First Tierney's injury sorted the left back position out so changed a back 4. He was left with few options but to field a pretty young and dynamic midfield and the ref gave more big decisions our way for a change.

McLeish needs to build on this and if he can get the win tonight and get momentum building then he deserves the qualifying campaign knowing that a Nations Cup play off is a backstop.

Like others, way down my list as ideal candidate .... but now he's there....

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Absolute nonsense. The SFA offered it to ONeil, then gave it to McLeish, it was a complete clusterfuck. 

Seriously? You're agreeing with me! ONeill didn't want the job, just like I said. 

Who, of any real quality, would want the role? 

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously? You're agreeing with me! ONeill didn't want the job, just like I said. 

Who, of any real quality, would want the role? 

Why can’t we do it correctly, you know invite applications and take it from there? 

You seriously think McLeish was the best man who wanted it? 

57 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

You're not wrong there!

I think we're more than capable of winning tonight, but i'm not getting my hopes up!  Unless we get an early goal it's going to be a long game!

Knowing us we'll win 4:0 and it'll be all "We're on the march with eck's army..."  :P

53 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Let’s put this spat down to pre-match tension, assuming you’re not Mossad. I acknowledge that the concept of a back 5 has a right to exist. 

Oh, it's a lot more than that. It's anger towards the entire system. 

Who's Mossad?

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

And it’s no surprise you are a backer of him.

My team allegiance has hee haw to do with it by the way. He shouldn’t have been appointed full stop. I want him out as I don’t rate him as a Manager and clearly very few football clubs did either. It’s just a shame that certain blazers let their allegiance effect who they appointed.

Where did I say I backed him? I'm just not hell bent on sacking someone for what other people think he might perform like. 

Hes been appointed in a nepotistic way that was incredibly badly handled but now he's there he has to be given a chance otherwise the job becomes even more of a pariah appointment than it already is. 

I think this thread should be aside for now, people have had their say..yay or nay. Get behind the team and don't rob yourself of the excitement of these next few hours, we might be heading for our first play off in over a decade 

Edited by romanticscot

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

What are you on about? Yes I’m a Celtic supporter but that has nothing to do with it. I’ve got mates who support rangers hearts etc that want him sacked and or thought his appointment is disastrous. So your hole point is invalid. There’s fans from every club that are against him and rightly so after that Israel performance. Not to mention all the other embarrassing results he’s been under. Thankfully it looks like he’s found the best formation we all knew from the start would be the best option. 

I was meaning on this thread, as I don't personally know every Scotland fan or their opinions. But I'm guessing you probably knew that. My whole point isn't based on this though, if you actually read it. My initial observation was that, my point was sacking him now will be damaging in the long term, in my opinion. 

But you wire in, assuming things you have no knowledge of to suit your argument. 

Not only is Chripper inherently negative about everything to do with the national team he's also very very wrong about some of the things being done at grass roots in Scottish football and also about facilities at a number of clubs which are improving all the time and in some instances now outstanding. I'd suggest he does some research before coming out with such sweeping inaccuracies as it might help him come across as if he has a scooby. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Why can’t we do it correctly, you know invite applications and take it from there? 

You seriously think McLeish was the best man who wanted it? 

I don't know. What I do know is that it isn't an attractive job to good football managers. 

Seriously, who do you think wanted it that wasn't given the chance? 

Mcleish is in a no win situation as when the group was drawn we were expected to win it, so if we do he receives little to no praise. If we lose he gets hammered.

I would rather we all get behind the team tonight, just wish I could have made the trip, but got the beers in....come on Scotland

21 minutes ago, jimmyhillshitman said:

Current team has a bit of potential. They will faulter big time under McLeish. 

He shouldn't of had the job to begin with on every available level. Steve Clarke for me the replacement. Many will claim he'll turn it down, but surely the Scotland job should be appealing to him.

Clarke ruled himself out of the running the last time. Why would this time be any different? 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't know. What I do know is that it isn't an attractive job to good football managers. 

Seriously, who do you think wanted it that wasn't given the chance? 

In saying that you dont know, doesnt that directly oppose your original point?

No one knows who was interested in the job, because it was never available to anyone but O'Neil, and then McLeish. The SFA made it clear from the second that Strachan was sacked that they wanted O'Neil, from an basic employment POV, it was ridiculous, who in their right mind will come forward and declare any interest under those circumstances. Then with Regan gone, Ecks buddy shoehorned him in, with no due diligence, no procedure at all, it was a massive abuse of power by a couple of drinking buddies who would get slated at junior level for their actions.

McLeish is a proven failure, and has been for the best part of a decade. Any reasonable recruitment process would have given us significantly better candidates IMO, but thats all it is, and opinion. If youre happy with an old pals act, then fair play.

48 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Not only is Chripper inherently negative about everything to do with the national team he's also very very wrong about some of the things being done at grass roots in Scottish football and also about facilities at a number of clubs which are improving all the time and in some instances now outstanding. I'd suggest he does some research before coming out with such sweeping inaccuracies as it might help him come across as if he has a scooby. 

Nice timing.

Sweden beat us at under 19 level today.

Where's this progress?

35 minutes ago, kumnio said:

In saying that you dont know, doesnt that directly oppose your original point?

No one knows who was interested in the job, because it was never available to anyone but O'Neil, and then McLeish. The SFA made it clear from the second that Strachan was sacked that they wanted O'Neil, from an basic employment POV, it was ridiculous, who in their right mind will come forward and declare any interest under those circumstances. Then with Regan gone, Ecks buddy shoehorned him in, with no due diligence, no procedure at all, it was a massive abuse of power by a couple of drinking buddies who would get slated at junior level for their actions.

McLeish is a proven failure, and has been for the best part of a decade. Any reasonable recruitment process would have given us significantly better candidates IMO, but thats all it is, and opinion. If youre happy with an old pals act, then fair play.

There was lots of time between ONeil saying no and McLeish getting the job. In that time you had wallopers like Yogi Hughes being touted and all credible people like Clarke back pedalling away as fast as possible. 

Please name a good manager that didn't rule their self out that would be remotely interested. I cant think of any.