This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I can see why people don't want to remember those who served in the "more recent conflicts" that the British Legion refer to but it isn't a lot to ask to stay silent for a minute or just stay outside until it's over.

If the silence was exclusively for those who served in the world war like it used to be then it wouldn't even be a question.

That’s surprisingly sensible.

:lol:

While I don’t agree in advance with whatever the Celtic support pull out tomorrow, whatever the Huns pull out for “War Christmas” will be equally tasteless although with that awkward moral high ground they will be able to claim.

Guest faircity
7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic have ask fans to respect the minutes silence at livingston. We will see how that goes.

The Huns are only into it because there is a few Bob to be had out of it. To suggest otherwise is folly. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

How is Watt playing? 

Kennedy seems to be doing well. I had high hopes for him when he first broke through at Killie. 

Watt seems to be playing well apart from put the bloody thing in the net. Kennedy is the star man just now though. He’s settled in well.

17 minutes ago, Ormond said:

5 wins in a row and not one goal conceded in that time. Scotland’s form team right now. 

That boy Drey Wright looked a player at fir park. See he scored today.

Hopeful we can put a similar run together, although tomorrow looks a big ask. Rangers been good at home, our record at Ibrox is utterly horrendous except the play off (I think our last league victory was the one Owen Coyle scored twice to delay 9iar?).

Craig Thomson in charge too. Hopefully they are tired and they do have some injuries/suspensions, as its inevitable he’ll send off a ‘well player.

Edited by sbcmfc

12 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/football-fan-lucky-to-be-alive-after-attack-by-mob-8jk32gw7w

And another from this season if those two aren't satisfactory. Guy lost sight in an eye.

Hence my "acting like Huns" comment.

Interestingly there are stories like this about supporters from just about every team in the League. Yet you and others immediately try and link them to Rangers in Hun comments. 

So is everyone that indulges in this sort of vile behaviour a Hun, including the Celtic fans? Or are you just showing a bias?

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s surprisingly sensible.

:lol:

While I don’t agree in advance with whatever the Celtic support pull out tomorrow, whatever the Huns pull out for “War Christmas” will be equally tasteless although with that awkward moral high ground they will be able to claim.

I thought that the silence now was everyone who died in conflict, not just armed forces personnel. That includes the innocent civilians. 

I can understand why folk wouldn't want to wear the standard red poppy as that funds a specific charity they may not support. There are quite a few other poppies now though, including one for service animals that I saw recently. 

To disrupt the minutes silence is just pathetic. As SFM says just wait outside or don't go. It shows an utter lack of respect for all human life. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I thought that the silence now was everyone who died in conflict, not just armed forces personnel. That includes the innocent civilians. 

I can understand why folk wouldn't want to wear the standard red poppy as that funds a specific charity they may not support. There are quite a few other poppies now though, including one for service animals that I saw recently. 

To disrupt the minutes silence is just pathetic. As SFM says just wait outside or don't go. It shows an utter lack of respect for all human life. 

100 years.

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

From a quick google search:

Great Britain still believes strongly in remembering those who fought not only in World Wars, but the more than 12,000 British Servicemen and women killed or injured since 1945.

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Interestingly there are stories like this about supporters from just about every team in the League. Yet you and others immediately try and link them to Rangers in Hun comments. 

So is everyone that indulges in this sort of vile behaviour a Hun, including the Celtic fans? Or are you just showing a bias?

No it isn't exclusive to "Rangers" fans but it is far more common, hence my use of the phrase.

35 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Not really sure a minutes silence is required at a football game just an hour after the whole country has a 2 minutes silence for the same thing, but that's just the way things are these days I suppose.

The football teams will also be remembering the football players of each team who went away and sacrificed all. Including Celtic players. In your opinion that is not appropriate. In my opinion it is.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The football teams will also be remembering the football players of each team who went away and sacrificed all. Including Celtic players. In your opinion that is not appropriate. In my opinion it is.

Will the teams still be in their beds at 11am or something?

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Will the teams still be in their beds at 11am or something?

We will agree to disagrèe. If your fans choose not to behave today and respect the minutes silence at someone elses ground. Then only you can put up an answer. Google or wiki something to justify your fans behaviour today. I dont copy and paste things on here. Only give my opinion. It is 100 years since the end of the great war where my great grandad got gassed by the germans at ypres. I will be at our war memorial and also stand silent for the football players who gave all. You choose not to ang your fellow supportees choose not to. A free country. You boo and ahout during the minutes silence held at all football grounds in europe today. That is your choice. Not mines. I will remember.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

We will agree to disagrèe. If your fans choose not to behave today and respect the minutes silence at someone elses ground. Then only you can put up an answer. Google or wiki something to justify your fans behaviour today. I dont copy and paste things on here. Only give my opinion. It is 100 years since the end of the great war where my great grandad got gassed by the germans at ypres. I will be at our war memorial and also stand silent for the football players who gave all. You choose not to ang your fellow supportees choose not to. A free country. You boo and ahout during the minutes silence held at all football grounds in europe today. That is your choice. Not mines. I will remember.

Lolz

12 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Lolz

Aye its a lolz thing for u. My friends are heading to haymarket to remember mcraes battalion. I am heading to our wee war grave. In the meantime the green brigade will be painting their banners against the brave celtic players who fought and died for their country. Lolz. Absolute scum and you should be ashamed of them being a Scotland ever more. But u can't say a bad word about the greatest fannies. I mean fans in the world. Can you? Naw. I will be remembering them all today. My great grandad and all players in every team. U wont. U should be ashamed.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye its a lolz thing for u. My friends are heading to haymarket to remember mcraes battalion. I am heading to our wee war grave. In the meantime the green brigade will be painting their banners against the brave celtic players who fought and died for their country. Lolz. Absolute scum and you should be ashamed of them being a Scotland ever more. But u can't say a bad word about the greatest fannies. I mean fans in the world. Can you? Naw. I will be remembering them all today. My great grandad and all players in every team. U wont. U should be ashamed.

No I was lolz at you living up to the stereotype of these grief junkies who want minutes silences on a weekly basis. It didn't surprise me one bit from you which is why it amused me. 

To quote another poster, I wish you a merry "War Christmas"

Edited by Scotland Ever More

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

No I was lolz at you living up to the stereotype of these grief junkies who want minutes silences on a weekly basis. It didn't surprise me one bit f on you which is why it amused me. 

To quote another poster, I wish you a merry "War Christmas"

Luckily i have decent celtic friends who are going as well. And they are ashamed of the scum that will destroy the minutes silence today. Are you and will you condemn or condon them? Simple question which requres a simple answer which you dont need to google.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Luckily i have decent celtic friends who are going as well. And they are ashamed of the scum that will destroy the minutes silence today. Are you and will you condemn or condon them? Simple question which requres a simple answer which you dont need to google.

The silence doesn't get destroyed any other year. I've already told you my thoughts on it all. If the drink is causing you memory loss then you can scroll back a few pages and read it again.

And stop lying about having friends, never mind "Celtic friends" ffs

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

No it isn't exclusive to "Rangers" fans but it is far more common, hence my use of the phrase.

Far more common based on what evidence? 

I think you'll find that in the very recent past that might be true but over any reasonable measure of time that's just rubbish. 

I don't have the proof either but I'm also not making sweeping generalisations like you.