league cup - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Celtic v Hearts

Dons v Rangers

Both arse cheeks play Europa league Thursday before. 

Thisll be interesting. 

Common sense says play one of the games at Murrayfield. The hearts game would make most sense logistically though they did use it for home games last season so that may not exactly be neutral.

If this was the Scottish cup I would have put the money on the SFA playing the Rangers game on the Monday, making it perfect for the Aberdeen fans

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Scotty!!!  I thought you preached love over hate.  Or is that a different church? 😜

I, myself, personally, don't hate anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers' Alfredo Morelos and Celtic's Dedryck Boyata will be suspended for the semi-finals.

Morelos was booked against Ayr United this evening - his second yellow card of the tournament - and he and the ineligible Kyle Lafferty will be unavailable for Steven Gerrard.

Boyata's red card for foul and abusive language against St Johnstone means he will be banned for Brendan Rodgers' side.

I’d have said Celtic at Ibrox or Rangers at Parkhead would be the route they’d take to play both on the Sunday, but the police won’t let them both play in Glasgow on the same day...

5pm Saturday for one of the games? Or play Monday and move the midweek game to Thursday.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

I, myself, personally, don't hate anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers' Alfredo Morelos and Celtic's Dedryck Boyata will be suspended for the semi-finals.

Morelos was booked against Ayr United this evening - his second yellow card of the tournament - and he and the ineligible Kyle Lafferty will be unavailable for Steven Gerrard.

Boyata's red card for foul and abusive language against St Johnstone means he will be banned for Brendan Rodgers' side.

You have a chip on the shoulder pal.  Even the Cellic boys call Rangers em Rangers.  But you won't, can't.  That's a hatred and you need to accept that Rangers are back as hard as it is for you.  Get over it Scotty.  The Glasgow Rangers are back and the Scottish League is healthier this year with a few teams including your own contributing to the mix.  Calling Rangers Sevco continually makes you look bitter and a bit hateful.  Be bigger than that pal.

Hearts shouldn't get the advantage of playing in Edinburgh, and Sevco shouldn't get the advantage of playing in Glasgow.

Aberdeen v Sevco at Murrayfield at 3:00pm and Hearts v Celtic at Hampden at 12:15pm would be the best scenario (but I'm sure the police would disagree).

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d have said Celtic at Ibrox or Rangers at Parkhead would be the route they’d take to play both on the Sunday, but the police won’t let them both play in Glasgow on the same day...

5pm Saturday for one of the games? Or play Monday and move the midweek game to Thursday.

You should get a job at SFA!

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Hearts shouldn't get the advantage of playing in Edinburgh, and Sevco shouldn't get the advantage of playing in Glasgow.

Aberdeen v Sevco at Murrayfield at 3:00pm and Hearts v Celtic at Hampden at 12:15pm would be the best scenario (but I'm sure the police would disagree).

I think Rangers and Dons at Murrayfield would attract a decent crowd.  As would Jambos v Celtic at Hampden.  Seems to logical though!!!

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Rangers shouldn’t get the advantage of playing in Glasgow but Celtic should?

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You have a chip on the shoulder pal.  Even the Cellic boys call Rangers em Rangers.  But you won't, can't.  That's a hatred and you need to accept that Rangers are back as hard as it is for you.  Get over it Scotty.  The Glasgow Rangers are back and the Scottish League is healthier this year with a few teams including your own contributing to the mix.  Calling Rangers Sevco continually makes you look bitter and a bit hateful.  Be bigger than that pal.

You are asking me to pretend that Rangers weren't liquidated?

Why don't we just pretend that 19 Islamic terrorists hijacked 4 passenger jets on 9/11, or that we are on a spinning globe while we're at it?

(Oswald was a lone gunman, too, I suppose?)

Rangers died never to return.

(How about you accept that truth?)

Sorry that you have to play in Europe on the Thursday and that Buffalo Heid and Laffs won't be playing against Aberdeen (but at least you can get your excuses in).

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Not the perfect scenario... the best scenario.