Scottish player transfers - Page 219 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

Disappointed that it looks like McTomminay isnt moving from Utd. He is a player who benefits from games. I really cant understand why he would want to stay at this point. Its clear the manager doesnt rate him as a 1st team starter or even challenging for it. They dont even play him in his natural position.

20 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Could be a good move for him, hes only 20 years old but needs to get himself some first team experience which hopefully he can get at Blackpool.

Aye, it's okay, but he's not looking much like the superstar talent who had his own agent and boot contract by the time he was 16, and that a few years ago thought he was too good to play for Scotland (I mind a few of his then club supporters thinking he had the right idea at the time too).

That's not to say he still won't carve out a decent professional career for himself though.

20 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Disappointed that it looks like McTomminay isnt moving from Utd. He is a player who benefits from games. I really cant understand why he would want to stay at this point. Its clear the manager doesnt rate him as a 1st team starter or even challenging for it. They dont even play him in his natural position.

That is a shame if that's the case, although most reports I saw had Bayern planning to use him as a defensive midfielder - which he can do but it isn't his best position.

(It is good though that we're now in a place where we we're talking about players going to teams like Bayern Munich though 🙂)

On 8/29/2023 at 3:42 PM, csinclair said:

If Gravenberch leaves Bayern then they'll be very light in numbers in midfield so I could see McTominay getting a decent amount of minutes there compared to Man Utd as he's only really have Goretzka and Kimmich in front of him and they can't play every game

Gravenberch going to liverpool