Club vs Country - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club vs Country

DoonTheSlope

Club vs Country  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Country vs Club

• Club Before Country
    • Country Before Club

When I was younger it was always club. It wasn't even a close call. But as I've aged I'd say Scotland have become more important to me. I will always love Saints and will never even feel a smidging of allegiance to another team from any country like a lot of people do with their "Who is your English team?" nonsense. One club and one country. Without clubs there is no international fitba', which many No Scotland No Party knobends don't realise. 

Edited by Ormond

16 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

If it was a qualifier or a league match what would be your first choice to go to?

depends, neither would occur at the same time but if that happened I would probably decide at the time, it would depend on how important either match was and where I was at the time

44 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Was always Scotland then Celtic, but my view has changed over the last couple of years since the way Celtic are treated in Scotland. So I would say Celtic very closely followed by Scotland..

Hmm well what can you expect when we see Celtic fans with Irish flags far outnumbering Scottish flags in European matches given that they qualified for Europe through SCOTLAND not Ireland.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm well what can you expect when we see Celtic fans with Irish flags far outnumbering Scottish flags in European matches given that they qualified for Europe through SCOTLAND not Ireland.

Oh dear. Need I dig this up. So, to be clear. I support Celtic, not Ireland.. I fly a Saltire, no a Tricolour. Celtic are Scottish, not Irish. What other Celtic supporters fly ia their buisness. Sevco fly the butchers Apron. Who gives a toss.  

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh dear. Need I dig this up. So, to be clear. I support Celtic, not Ireland.. I fly a Saltire, no a Tricolour. Celtic are Scottish, not Irish. What other Celtic supporters fly ia their buisness. Sevco fly the butchers Apron. Who gives a toss.  

Granted. But the fact that Celtic and Rangers fans choose to wave flags they have no real business waving then you can see why it reflects bad on those clubs, no?

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Granted. But the fact that Celtic and Rangers fans choose to wave flags they have no real business waving then you can see why it replacts bad on those clubs, no?

I see your point Craig. I wish there were more Saltires at Celtic Park. Thing is, because of Celtics Irish roots, we have a large Irish following. I have no problem with that..Just wish there were more Saltires. Good point though m8..