Question Time Tonight - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

The fella that asked why Milliband did not rule out any Westminster deal with the SNP and thus making the SNP irrelevant - was a Tory councillor

Any idea what he was talking about? How would ruling out a deal with SNP and labour make SNP irelivent. No matter who is eventually in power the SNP will fight for what they think is best

Sorry to link to the Telegraph, but this is absolutely delicious from John Major:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11452938/John-Major-It-is-shameful-that-Labour-hasnt-ruled-out-a-pact-with-the-SNP.html

You can taste the fear!

I would LOVE to see the SNP sweep the board in May, just to see the explosion of indignant rage from middle England.

I particularly liked his utter disbelief that anybody could possibly vote for anyone to the left of Labour :lol:

I would have called him a clown, but he was.

Are we still better together? Or is that only if scotland votes for a unionist party at westminster, doesn't matter which one

That's absolutely the impression they give. We voted no, we should stay in our box, and take whatever government England votes for.

The absolute disbelief from Major that the little jocks, he's so fond of, should have their own opinions!

That's absolutely the impression they give. We voted no, we should stay in our box, and take whatever government England votes for.

The absolute disbelief from Major that the little jocks, he's so fond of, should have their own opinions!

And that's the impression we've seen for years and especially during the referendum, that clear dismissive attitude to Scotlands democracy.

the praise for Davidson, put it aside

remember who she represents and what they represent

as someone suggested few pages back, if Scotland needs a new centre right party standing only for the good of Scotland

let her start it, unless she does that, she can f*ck off

Why? I too have some sympathy for Scottish Tories. I know a few who are good value and I've long felt Scottish Tories in general are a completely different breed to the Oxbridge, Bullingdon Club, elite that seem to typify Westminster Tories. Ruth Davidson is a perfect example of someone who would thrive without the UK Party handicapping her and her party. Annabel Goldie was another, as was Alex Fergusson, etc, etc. One of the biggest benefits of independence for me was resetting the traditional parties and loyalties. Kill of Labour's strangehold in Scotland, rid ourselves of our Thatcher hangover and allow a right-wing party a fresh start, etc. Scrap the lot and allow new parties to rise in their place and restart Scottish politics.

It must be a soul-destroying political choice to be right-of-centre in Scotland. Many of those people are good people with little or no representation in parliament. Just because Thatcher, her legacy and the modern UK Conservative Party is riddled with c***s doesnt make them all c***s. Scottish Tories look, feel and sound different to me.

I will have no sympathy for Scottish Tories until they disassociate themselves from those evil self serving parasites at Westminster. If they want to convince me that they are different from them, then they should form their own party with their own policies which don't constantly punish the poorest folk in our society.

I will have no sympathy for Scottish Tories until they disassociate themselves from those evil self serving parasites at Westminster. If they want to convince me that they are different from them, then they should form their own party with their own policies which don't constantly punish the poorest folk in our society.

the Tories are always going to punish the poor in Society, that's what they are for... why exist otherwise?

Losing the self serving paracites at Westminster is what is required.

Its amazing hoe the Tories hate any dependency policy , or anyone who takes handouts ,but are happy for Scotland to do so..

They expect everyone to stand on their own two feet , make their own way in the world etc etc with no help from anyone else

But they preach that Scotland cant and shouldn't do the same .. they need handouts etc ,.... we need to be helped by others...

the Tories are always going to punish the poor in Society, that's what they are for... why exist otherwise?

Losing the self serving paracites at Westminster is what is required.

Its amazing hoe the Tories hate any dependency policy , or anyone who takes handouts ,but are happy for Scotland to do so..

They expect everyone to stand on their own two feet , make their own way in the world etc etc with no help from anyone else

But they preach that Scotland cant and shouldn't do the same .. they need handouts etc ,.... we need to be helped by others...

That would be more Thatcherism rather than Toryism per-se.

Sorry to link to the Telegraph, but this is absolutely delicious from John Major:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11452938/John-Major-It-is-shameful-that-Labour-hasnt-ruled-out-a-pact-with-the-SNP.html

You can taste the fear!

I would LOVE to see the SNP sweep the board in May, just to see the explosion of indignant rage from middle England.

I particularly liked his utter disbelief that anybody could possibly vote for anyone to the left of Labour :lol:

John Major complains about the SNP having imaginary grievances and being divisive but seems to forget he was the duplicitous shitebag PM who shafted Rosyth in favour of Devonport to curry favour with English voters. Mind you that was nothing compared to wit he done to curry favour wae Edwina...the man must be a sicko.

Remember before the referendum I read an article by Irvine welsh. He said that if we don't vote yes, it isn't fair to the English electorate as every political debate in Scotland, and all elections, will be framed around whether Scotland should be independent.

I think he was spot on.

You can taste the fear!

"To the left of Labour" these days is kinda LibDem territory.

John Major, member of the Carlyle Group, raising a straw man of Anglophobic Scots just so he can threaten Scotland with Scotophobic English. What is it that arms peddlars have against democracy in Scotland?

Destabilisation of the status quo. And they are ####in terrified.

Same reason they all clubbed together for the referendum. It was their fear of what they might lose.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

J