Christophe Berra

Charlie Mulgrew

Barry Bannan

Darren Fletcher CAPT.

James Morrison

James Forrest

Matt Phillips

Leigh Griffiths

As expected. McGinn & McGregor instead of the tried and tested non performers would have been nice to see but that's just Strachan isn't it... 

That central midfield 3 is utterly terrifying and pretty similar to the one that Slovakia completely over run not 12 months ago. It is up to us to create chances and opportunities for the wide players and strikers and that midfield three doesn't fill me with confidence at all, quite why McGregor and McGinn don't get in ahead of guys who have failed on this stage a million times is baffling.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

That central midfield 3 is utterly terrifying and pretty similar to the one that Slovakia completely over run not 12 months ago. It is up to us to create chances and opportunities for the wide players and strikers and that midfield three doesn't fill me with confidence at all, quite why McGregor and McGinn don't get in ahead of guys who have failed on this stage a million times is baffling.

Agreed. Fletcher was a disgrace v Slovakia last time around.

I hope we are wrong but this already looks ominous. 

Lets just wait and see. If McGregor and McGinn had been chucked in and failed then it would lead to claims they were selections made in desperation. Remember that fans don't want Chris Martin and booed him onto the pitch V Slovenia and he scored a late winner that kept us in the running so fans aren't always the best judges. As I said lets wait and see and wish the lads all the best. COME ON SCOTLAND.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I fear physically we could have a problem in midfield but we should be good in possession.

Yes that would be my fear. We have nobody there who can stick their foot in there and win the ball. Brown fits that bill most for us and we don't have another player of his type in there.

Just now, thplinth said:

Was this not the side that broke Griffiths' back last time they played. Snide and cynical knee in the back I recall. They are a big and dirty team. So I am sure the sight of Barry Bannan will have them shitting themselves!

To be fair neither McGregor or McGinn are physically stronger either. Their strengths lie elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Was this not the side that broke Griffiths' back last time they played. Snide and cynical knee in the back I recall. They are a big and dirty team. So I am sure the sight of Barry Bannan will have them shitting themselves!

Totally correct. The Slovaks will trundle over the top of that midfield with no problem whatsoever. 

Let's hope I'm wrong about Bannan and that he isn't utterly out of his depth at this level. 

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To be fair neither McGregor or McGinn are physically stronger either. Their strengths lie elsewhere.

They're bigger and stronger than Bannan. He's barely big enough to pay VAT on his boots! 

That midfield looks honking! Armstrong and Brown are big misses. 

I hope I'm wrong but Bannan is nowhere near good enough at international level - might try and count the long passes that won't find a man. As much I love Fletcher for being a model pro, and dedication to the national team, he's a liability these days as a starter. 

And those pink strips too! 

I hope to funk I'm wrong like. 

Mon Scotland! 

6 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

That midfield looks honking! Armstrong and Brown are big misses. 

I hope I'm wrong but Bannan is nowhere near good enough at international level - might try and count the long passes that won't find a man. As much I love Fletcher for being a model pro, and dedication to the national team, he's a liability these days as a starter. 

And those pink strips too! 

I hope to funk I'm wrong like. 

Mon Scotland! 

That midfield has no pace, no creativity and very little mobility. Coupled with the two centre halfs we could be in for a long night of utter dirge. Can see a 0-0 upto 65 - 70 mins with McGinn and McGregor thrown on to rescue it and all too little, too late.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

2 assists in the last two internationals. Another one tonight will do fine.

Get behind him.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I'll no hold my breath.

42 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Since when was their game about putting themselves about? It isn't. Their strengths are on the attacking side - not competing physically.

I refer you to the progress of the game so far.

The Slovaks have always been handy on the physical side. 

49 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said: