To stay or go? - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

There’s no point trying to debate with another Sky Sports hoor.

Lol, I don't even have Sky sports. Tell me, how well did St Johnstone do in Europe this season? Opposition from the mighty Lithuania I believe.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Lol, I don't even have Sky sports. Tell me, how well did St Johnstone do in Europe this season? Opposition from the mighty Lithuania I believe.

Any ounce of credence you might have had has now disappeared out of the window for using ‘lol’. I did had my reservations about your age. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He arrived at Man Utd with them as Champions. So comparing him with LVG is a bit silly as they had vastly different starting points... Since Man Utd Moyes has had two further jobs and been an unqualified failure in them both. He's been a disaster in everything he has done since he left Everton 4 years ago, so it's understandable that people's view on him will have changed. 

Good comparisons there, mate. That's exactly what international football is like. Every team has a world superstar :rolleyes: 

The EPL is a higher standard of football, correct. That doesn't mean that every single player playing there is superior to what we have up here. How about we actually assess players on their performances and their ability and not which fecking league they play in? 

They don't need to be a "world superstar", they just need to be an Illicic or a Pandev or any of the hundreds of European players that play for average countries that are at a level way above what Wright currently manages at. But aye you keep up with your "Scottish footballs no that bad" theory. 

Just now, stevenmcn said:

They don't need to be a "world superstar", they just need to be an Illicic or a Pandev or any of the hundreds of European players that play for average countries that are at a level way above what Wright currently manages at. But aye you keep up with your "Scottish footballs no that bad" theory. 

Tommy Wright doesn't take the St Johnstone players with him if he becomes Scotland manager, you know that, right? :lol: 

And Scott Sinclair and Patrick Roberts are at least as good as the two players you've just mentioned anyway... so i'm utterly bemused as to what your point is here? As all you're doing is waffling nonsensical garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Any ounce of credence you might have had has now disappeared out of the window for using ‘lol’. I did had my reservations about your age. 

FFS, just try and answer a question without deflecting and being a knob. LOL isn't relevant, so again, without the lol,  how did St Johnstone do in Europe this year? I'll settle for, not well.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Tommy Wright doesn't take the St Johnstone players with him if he becomes Scotland manager, you know that, right? :lol: 

And Scott Sinclair and Patrick Roberts are at least as good as the two players you've just mentioned anyway... so i'm utterly bemused as to what your point is here? As all you're doing is waffling nonsensical garbage. 

Jesus, are you being dim on purpose? No he won't be managing St Johnstone players if he becomes Scotland manager, he also won't be managing against the average level he currently operates against in Scotland, he will have to get used to better opposition playing at far higher levels of technical ability and against far better managers than he currently does. Can he do it? Maybe, I just don't think so personally.

Just now, stevenmcn said:

Jesus, are you being dim on purpose? No he won't be managing St Johnstone players if he becomes Scotland manager, he also won't be managing against the average level he currently operates against in Scotland, he will have to get used to better opposition playing at far higher levels of technical ability and against far better managers than he currently does. Can he do it? Maybe, I just don't think so personally.

Nope, i'm not Jesus, just an ordinary guy. You're the one who seems incapable of articulating your point, so i'd hold fire with labeling other people "dim", thicko. 

Thanks for pointing out that international football is a higher level than the SPFL Premiership though. Cutting insight there. I'm so glad your here to impart your undoubted wisdom :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope, i'm not Jesus, just an ordinary guy. You're the one who seems incapable of articulating your point, so i'd hold fire with labeling other people "dim", thicko. 

Thanks for pointing out that international football is a higher level than the SPFL Premiership though. Cutting insight there. I'm so glad your here to impart your undoubted wisdom :lol: 

Aye that's all great, but can you get back to the bit where giving Wright the Scotland squad makes him a better manager. ?

4 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Aye that's all great, but can you get back to the bit where giving Wright the Scotland squad makes him a better manager. ?

You said that at international level he'd be up against better players than he currently is, i explained that he'd also have better players of his own. So your point was nonsensical. 

Do you need me to draw you a wee diagram? 

I don't know Wright too well stevenmcn but he has got decent results for a club without resources and cash to spend. Moyes has done his work at clubs with a healthy budget to spend and strengthen.

In the Scotland job you only have the set of players available to you to make the best of it. On those grounds Wright is better qualified for making do with what he has.

Another big worry with Moyes would be if we did well under him and an EPL club came calling I think he would be off in a shot.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't know Wright too well stevenmcn but he has got decent results for a club without resources and cash to spend. Moyes has done his work at clubs with a healthy budget to spend and strengthen.

In the Scotland job you only have the set of players available to you to make the best of it. On those grounds Wright is better qualified for making do with what he has.

Another big worry with Moyes would be if we did well under him and an EPL club came calling I think he would be off in a shot.

Spot on.

Folk wanting Tommy Wright are you having a laugh?

Its not about running a club on a shoestring budget it's about getting a younger manager, prepared to play form players and young players.

Yes you'd have to get the best out of 'what we have' but teams with less resources than us regularly have greater levels of success, Northern Ireland probably the most obvious example.

A totally fresh approach is required and for me, a younger manager who has only recently retired from football & more in touch with what the fans wanted would be a better choice. 

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You said that at international level he'd be up against better players than he currently is, i explained that he'd also have better players of his own. So your point was nonsensical. 

Do you need me to draw you a wee diagram? 

Yes, so he's managing better players against better opposition, but does his managerial skills rise to meet the challenge? That's what I'm questioning. Just cause he's got better player's doesnt mean he automatically becomes a better manager.

Just now, chris182 said:

That may be but if he can do the job, why not? Strachan is a bit of a cock too IMO

Trust me, I’m in agreement with you there and a whole lot more than a “bit” of a cock. The man is a useless, arrogant cvnt. 

10 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Folk wanting Tommy Wright are you having a laugh?

Its not about running a club on a shoestring budget it's about getting a younger manager, prepared to play form players and young players.

Yes you'd have to get the best out of 'what we have' but teams with less resources than us regularly have greater levels of success, Northern Ireland probably the most obvious example.

A totally fresh approach is required and for me, a younger manager who has only recently retired from football & more in touch with what the fans wanted would be a better choice. 

For your Northern Ireland comparison, Wright and O’ Neill are one and the same. 

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Moyes took Preston from the bottom of what is now league 1 to the championship playoff in three and a half years where they lost to Bolton and even though he had money to spend at Everton, it wasn't as much as a hell of a lot of clubs yet they always finished in the top half of the league, including a top 4 finish. And if he is wanted by a EPL club, it would mean he's doing a good job.

5 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Moyes took Preston from the bottom of what is now league 1 to the championship playoff in three and a half years where they lost to Bolton and even though he had money to spend at Everton, it wasn't as much as a hell of a lot of clubs yet they always finished in the top half of the league, including a top 4 finish. And if he is wanted by a EPL club, it would mean he's doing a good job.

I dont want somebody there taking the job to promote himself. I want somebody in the job because they genuinely want it. He has shown where his interests lie in the past where he was quick to rule himself out of the job when he was at Everton.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I dont want somebody there taking the job to promote himself. I want somebody in the job because they genuinely want it. He has shown where his interests lie in the past where he was quick to rule himself out of the job when he was at Everton.

He also said he'd love the job one day, just not at that particular time. Nothing wrong with that. You've got to remember it's a job at the end of the day, nobody is going to quit a good job for one that's harder and pays less money. You can get all romantic about the it all you want, but that's what it is, a job. If someone come in, gets us to a tournament then get a big job somewhere else then fair play to them.