The Brexit Thread - Page 199 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

53 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

We did have our voice but we lost the vote.   Just have to accept it.  

I think you're missing the point. Gibraltar and Northern Ireland also "lost the vote" but got EU side deals. Scotland was denied any such special arrangement. And, people don't just have to accept it.

1 minute ago, exile said:

I think you're missing the point. Gibraltar and Northern Ireland also "lost the vote" but got EU side deals. Scotland was denied any such special arrangement. And, people don't just have to accept it.

Do we need one?

We wanting to join euro currency??  We wanting to join the EU?",

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Continuing with the consistent stance they've taken since day one.  In the same vein, I expect any legislative consent motion to be voted down should one come to Holyrood.  Won't make a bit of difference but sometimes its important to make a point.

Be interesting to see how Labour and the Lib Dems would vote in those circumstances.

Personally I think it would be enough to abstain to send the message "We're not going to vote for or take responsibility for your rotten deal but we're not going to stand it the way of UK getting the least worst salvaging something from Brexit"

3 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

Do we need one?

We wanting to join euro currency??  We wanting to join the EU?",

You're changing the argument now. The point is about unequal nature of the Union. England and Wales got the Brexit they voted for, NI and Gibraltar got EU side deals, Scotland got nothing. 

4 hours ago, davy-hay said:

We did have our voice but we lost the vote.   Just have to accept it.  

We didn't lose. In Scotland  62%voted to remain in the EU 38% voted to leave. 

3 out 4 countries/nations/ principalities/provinces (4/5 if u include Gibraltar) of the UK,whatever you wanna call them,  got what they voted for. Every one except Scotland.

Scotland is the only one who didn't get what they voted for and you say 'just accept it''

Maybe in davyhayland  , but not in the Real world.

You think everyone should get what they voted for but not Scotland, not the country you live in? 

Why? 

Why? Why Should Scotland be the only place where democracy does not operate? 

Edited by Archiesdad

6 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

We didn't lose. In Scotland  62%voted to remain in the EU 38% voted to leave. 

3 out 4 countries/nations/ principalities/provinces (4/5 if u include Gibraltar) of the UK,whatever you wanna call them,  got what they voted for. Every one except Scotland.

Scotland is the only one who didn't get what they voted for and you say 'just accept it''

Maybe in davyhayland  , but not in the Real world.

You think everyone should get what they voted for but not Scotland, not the country you live in? 

Why? 

Why? Why Should Scotland be the only place where democracy does not operate? 

Because we were all told before the vote that it was going to be a marjority UK vote that decided if brexit was happening or not. (for all parts of the UK) 

2 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

Because we were all told before the vote that it was going to be a marjority UK vote that decided if brexit was happening or not. (for all parts of the UK) 

That's not true though. Gibraltar and NI are cited above.

The reality you describe in your posts doesn't exist outside the confine of your own skull.

Just now, davy-hay said:

Then why did 3 other parts of the UK get what they voted for and not Scotland.

Why? 

If it's 1uk then all should be the same.

Why do 3/4 get what they voted for and 1/4 doesn't? 

Your disdain for Scotland is embarrassing, and you can't even defend your reasoning.

33 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

Then why did 3 other parts of the UK get what they voted for and not Scotland.

Why? 

If it's 1uk then all should be the same.

Why do 3/4 get what they voted for and 1/4 doesn't? 

Your disdain for Scotland is embarrassing, and you can't even defend your reasoning.

That is what is happening. Britain is leaving the EU. 

7 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

That is what is happening. Britain is leaving the EU. 

Actually it's the UK That's leaving, (Britain is an island) however as previously stated 3 out of the 4 parts of the UK got exactly what they voted for.

England got what it voted for

Wales got what it voted for

N I got what it voted for.

Scotlland got what it didn't vote for.

why do you think we should accept that?

Why does it not bother you that your country and mine had to accept what other countries vote for, but they get what they voted for.? 

any answer to any of the questions will do 

you have struggled to answer any of them do far.

why should we accept what we didn't vote for when all other parts of the UK get EXACTLY what they voted for ?

18 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

Actually it's the UK That's leaving, (Britain is an island) however as previously stated 3 out of the 4 parts of the UK got exactly what they voted for.

England got what it voted for

Wales got what it voted for

N I got what it voted for.

Scotlland got what it didn't vote for.

why do you think we should accept that?

Why does it not bother you that your country and mine had to accept what other countries vote for, but they get what they voted for.? 

any answer to any of the questions will do 

you have struggled to answer any of them do far.

why should we accept what we didn't vote for when all other parts of the UK get EXACTLY what they voted for ?

2 reasons.  

1. I voted to LEAVE so even though more people vote REMAIN in Scotland, I got what I wanted.   This is a personal level thing but it will also be shared by every LEAVE voter in Scotland. 

2. We knew before a vote was cast that it was going to a majority UK wide decision as to what's happening.  If individual areas didn't get what they voted for.... Then it's tough.   ( e.g. You can't keep Wales in EU and England out.. Or England stay while Wales and Scotland leave) 

3 minutes ago, davy-hay said:

2. We knew before a vote was cast that it was going to a majority UK wide decision as to what's happening.  If individual areas didn't get what they voted for.... Then it's tough.   ( e.g. You can't keep Wales in EU and England out.. Or England stay while Wales and Scotland leave) 

Just as we knew in 2014 that a NO vote was the only way we could remain in the EU.   Oh, and you don't mention N.Ireland there 🙄