Pre Season Friendlies - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffiths will probably get more stick for that than the grown adult shouting "peido" in an airport full of children 

Edit: not sure if that link worked or not.

Edited by Reevesy

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

so is the TAMB anti celtic or anti rangers?

^?^^?^

Anything negative about Rangers = Anti Rangers 

Anything negative about Celtic = Anti Celtic

No rational discussion, it's a bit like speaking to a Glasgow taxi driver when they ask what team you support, the. You say someone like Montrose and the whole taxi ride is a chat about "aye but come on pal, which one do you really support."

Just now, Chief said:

Anything negative about Rangers = Anti Rangers 

Anything negative about Celtic = Anti Celtic

No rational discussion, it's a bit like speaking to a Glasgow taxi driver when they ask what team you support, the. You say someone like Montrose and the whole taxi ride is a chat about "aye but come on pal, which one do you really support."

I know,  I was taking the piss with my comment. 

Its always the same when either side has some bad behaviour in their support, some will rightly condemn the behaviour (slasher), others will play the whataboutery game (Reevesy) and others will claim theres some sort of agenda against their club (Blackpool78)

For me, the dickhead element in almost every club's away support has risen slightly over recent years, I mostly put that down to a rise in small time Ultra groups and Casual Culture coming back into a fashion of sorts. 

Celtic have received quite a lot of sanctions from UEFA in recent years for Banners and the like, I put that down to the club tolerating the Green Brigade and even faciltating a section for them under the guise of safe standing. 

Rangers simply haven't stayed in Europe long enough to make any reasonable comparison. 

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Well ROITG was sung at one point at the Friday night game. That's the first I'd heard that in about 20 years. Merry Ploughboy was sung too. I assumed both were banned but who knows.

Was just surprised to hear either TBH.

ROITG?

13 minutes ago, Chief said:

For me, the dickhead element in almost every club's away support has risen slightly over recent years, I mostly put that down to a rise in small time Ultra groups and Casual Culture coming back into a fashion of sorts. 

Celtic have received quite a lot of sanctions from UEFA in recent years for Banners and the like, I put that down to the club tolerating the Green Brigade and even faciltating a section for them under the guise of safe standing. 

Rangers simply haven't stayed in Europe long enough to make any reasonable comparison. 

So you cant compare Rangers fans cos they havent been in Europe??? Do you not remember Manchester??? 

As i have said both Celtic and Rangers have idiots in their support but so have every club up and down the country 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sorry, RITG

Being pedantic a bit but that's not a reb.

It is a pile of shite that shouldn't be sung though. Surprised to hear it was but happy to take your word for it. 

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

As i have said both Celtic and Rangers have idiots in their support but so have every club up and down the country 

Agreed, Celtic and Rangers IMO have a higher % of bellends in their supports compared to other teams but I suppose when you bring Politics and Religion into football, which both teams do in spades, then that'll always happen.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed, Celtic and Rangers IMO have a higher % of bellends in their supports compared to other teams but I suppose when you bring Politics and Religion into football, which both teams do in spades, then that'll always happen.

Of course they will have a higher % just due to the fact they are better supported, I was at Easter Rd for the Ayr cup game last season and heard Monkey chants directed at a Hibs player on loan from a so called Ayr supporter, no place for it whatsoever 

6 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Scotty says it was the "lowest of the low" which I've never heard him say about any other songs.

Maybe he has and I missed it though. 

Just saying that one would have to be the lowest of the low to celebrate a murder (and especially one of that fashion).

(Wasn't trying to cover every offensive song ever sung in my post.)

Personally, I'd rather cheer than jeer at a football match.

5 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Of course they will have a higher % just due to the fact they are better supported

I don't think you understand how percentages work. 

5 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Of course they will have a higher % just due to the fact they are better supported, I was at Easter Rd for the Ayr cup game last season and heard Monkey chants directed at a Hibs player on loan from a so called Ayr supporter, no place for it whatsoever 

If something is measured by percentage the actual size doesn't matter. 

11 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

do explain 

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Larger number of fans gives you a larger number of idiots, not a higher percentage of idiots.

:ok:

I blame the schools! :P

4 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

cheers for clearing that up and i knew what i was getting at :lol:

Aye, i was just being a smart arse. I knew what you meant. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Being pedantic a bit but that's not a reb.

It is a pile of shite that shouldn't be sung though. Surprised to hear it was but happy to take your word for it. 

It was on the walk from train station to RP, so technically not at the game but I've literally not heard that since I was a kid.