Pre Season Friendlies - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Debby's trying for a bite due to the clamour from Dons for Jack in the team. You bit. :lol:

?

4 hours ago, Doric said:

A Rangers fan wanting one of their players called up for Scotland  Seriously ? Or maybe more like Debian is not a Rangers fan.

I would love nothing more than Rangers Scottish contingent to be playing at a high standard and being able to be a part of the National Team

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Everybody knows I hate the Huns but if Jack got a call up it'd be hilarious to see the meltdown on here. :lol:

It would be something special. 

4 hours ago, Doric said:

Nay chance. Well down the q. Callum Mcgregor is well above him and we are strong in that dept

???

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

:lol: :ok:

Dons fans wouldn't be bothered now as we've accepted the selection 'process'.

Nowadays we're just concentrating on Europe, the League, and the Cups (and call-ups could jeopardise that).

I'm not bothered either way.

Watch oot noo. You will be accused o biteing. 

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Sounds like a bell end.

Presume he has tried to frame some daft Celtic fans in much the same way.

Piers Morgan ripped him up for arse paper on the breakfast telly recently. Says it all.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I found them taking the moral high ground hilarious.

Well done for not being utter cretins for a change!

Apart from the ones who robbed a 78 year old charity worker cos he was wearing green, and the ones who racially abused an Asian woman on the train, obviously.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:10 PM, Chief said:

I got a text saying they threw a firework in the shop, the video I saw showed them chucking a bottle at a lass standing outside the shop. The shop is in Hendon which isn't really close to the stadium or on the way which would lead me to think they were looking for bother, the fact the guy got a skelp seems fair enough. 

Theres a certain irony of the photo of the guy sparked our receiving medical attention whilst lying on a Union Jack pillow. 

On 7/30/2017 at 5:21 AM, aaid said:

The absolute definition of "to add insult to injury"

6653659.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That Rigby song is a shocker. Celtic have some right cretins in their support these days. Much more sizeable than I can ever remember. 

Where does one even start?

No good to be gained.

The lowest of the low.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Where does one even start?

No good to be gained.

The lowest of the low.

Not any lower than the EDL supporters singing the famine song, or the huns doing the same on a weekly basis.

Though some folk on here, even a Motherwell fan, call it banter.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

its been a while since the huns and tims argued over whos got the worst fans. 

I'm not interested in that argument. I was just pointing out that if people are going to be faux offended about a song about a dead Brit then they should at least be consistent.

Just now, Reevesy said:

I'm not interested in that argument. I was just pointing out that if people are going to be faux offended about a song about a dead Brit then they should at least be consistent.

who's acting Faux offended? all I see is people condemning the song about Rigby. I'm sure if the same people knew about the EDL and the other songs they condemn these too

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

who's acting Faux offended? all I see is people condemning the song about Rigby. I'm sure if the same people knew about the EDL and the other songs they condemn these too

Scotty says it was the "lowest of the low" which I've never heard him say about any other songs.

Maybe he has and I missed it though. 

25 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Not any lower than the EDL supporters singing the famine song, or the huns doing the same on a weekly basis.

Though some folk on here, even a Motherwell fan, call it banter.

I think the famine song is aimed at plastic paddy's, so it's ironic or satirical.

I can see how it could be offensive if you were Irish, or had Irish roots, but if you just happen to support a football team that had Irish roots, it's hardly pissing on the grave of your ancestors who hadn't ever been to Ireland either.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I think the famine song is aimed at plastic paddy's, so it's ironic or satirical.

I can see how it could be offensive if you were Irish, or had Irish roots, but if you just happen to support a football team that had Irish roots, it's hardly pissing on the grave of your ancestors who hadn't ever been to Ireland either.

OK so I'll take from that that you think the Rigby song is satire too and only his family and fellow army pals should take offence :ok:

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Scotty says it was the "lowest of the low" which I've never heard him say about any other songs.

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

it is the lowest of the low just as low as the songs you mention are, I doubt anyone knew about the EDL singing songs till you posted it. The subject at hand was the rigby song. 

I'm not really sure what your point is here, you say your not interested in the "whos worst" argument yet you came into a conversation to point the finger at others for singing songs you see to be on the same level or worse.

Just now, Reevesy said:

OK so I'll take from that that you think the Rigby song is satire too and only his family and fellow army pals should take offence :ok:

:lol:

Well played.

I think it's different, but perhaps that makes me a hypocrite?

It's in extremely poor taste.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

it is the lowest of the low just as low as the songs you mention are, I doubt anyone knew about the EDL singing songs till you posted it. The subject at hand was the rigby song. 

I'm not really sure what your point is here, you say your not interested in the "whos worst" argument yet you came into a conversation to point the finger at others for singing songs you see to be on the same level or worse.

No I was "pointing the finger" at Scotty saying it was the lowest of the low. Just pointing out that there's worse (or just as bad) out there. 

I wasn't looking to get into a "your fans are worse" argument with any huns, which is what you had claimed was happening for some reason.

Just now, Reevesy said:

No I was "pointing the finger" at Scotty saying it was the lowest of the low. Just pointing out that there's worse (or just as bad) out there. 

I wasn't looking to get into a "your fans are worse" argument with any huns, which is what you had claimed was happening for some reason.

my first post wasn't aimed at you, just the OF fans iin general because there's videos on twitter and other social media outlets from both sets of fans pointing the finger.  You chose to reply for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

Well played.

I think it's different, but perhaps that makes me a hypocrite?

It's in extremely poor taste.

I agree it is in poor taste. 

The EDL use the young guy as a symbol for their xenophobic views so it didn't surprise me that a group clashing with them would use him to get a rise out them. 

Quite embarrassing all round really.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

my first post wasn't aimed at you, just the OF fans iin general because there's videos on twitter and other social media outlets from both sets of fans pointing the finger.  You chose to reply for some reason. 

Fair enough. I assumed it was aimed at me given I had just posted above you.

21 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I agree it is in poor taste. 

The EDL use the young guy as a symbol for their xenophobic views so it didn't surprise me that a group clashing with them would use him to get a rise out them. 

Quite embarrassing all round really.

That does give some context.

Lee Rigby does seem to be the poster boy for the racist Facebook pages that old people like to share.