Four minutes and IRA songs - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Four minutes and IRA songs

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

slanderous :lol::lol:

So you are always tolerant of those holding other view points?  :lol::lol:

Yeah. Of course. I might say i think someone is talking pish. There's a difference between strongly disagreeing with someone and being a bigot. 

Get a grip, you clown. 

1 minute ago, phart said:

It's called projection, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah. It seems the default response for some folk when they've made a James Hunt of themselves. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what Davie Cooper said to St Mirrens's Tony Fitzpatrick to make him foul him, then go after him off the ball and have to be restrained? Or was it something else?

Here's the newspaper describing it.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19820310&id=8v89AAAAIBAJ&sjid=fkkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2282,2499145

Edited by phart

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. It seems the default response for some folk when they've made a James Hunt of themselves. 

Although to be fair saying "well you're one as well" doesn't really affect the original point.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, phart said:

Although to be fair saying "well you're one as well" doesn't really affect the original point.

Who said he was one as well?  also using " "?

19 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You did you fecking barely functional savant. You follow him round the board calling him it goldfish memory.

On 25/09/2016 at 10:33 PM, BlueGaz said:

Embarrassed myself, by having a go at you of all people?  The TAMB bigot, have a word with yourself ya nutter.

On 25/09/2016 at 10:28 PM, BlueGaz said:

Again, true to form, making stuff up.  You are a bigot.  Nothing to do with my team getting pumped.  

On 25/09/2016 at 10:23 PM, BlueGaz said:

You're a bigot.  Nothing else to be said really. 

3 fecking times in 10 mins and it just doesn't graft itself as a memory.

Edited by phart

Guest BlueGaz

:lol: had forgotten about my rants at him months ago.  There are so many, you are right, I do forget !!

Wouldn't consider myself savant though - but thanks for your diagnosis.

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, phart said:

Anyone know what Davie Cooper said to St Mirrens's Tony Fitzpatrick to make him foul him, then go after him off the ball and have to be restrained? Or was it something else?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19820310&id=8v89AAAAIBAJ&sjid=fkkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2282,2499145

I would assume, and hope, that he was slagging off his ridiculous mustache.

what a sad thread this is. No place for it on the TAMB but I suppose it's the way this board is going. The mods seem to allow people to defame each other with impunity, and it's got a lot worse since a certain poster came back from exile

2 hours ago, phart said:

The generally held view is that it was something to do with his son who had died not long before.  That's undoubtedly a horrible thing to say but has to be taken in the context of the horrible things that thousands of players say on the pitch to put off opponents.

Edited by aaid

19 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

So you think iam an ex user named PGB? Thats what you mean? Well Iam not. I am from Cologne/Germany and was born here. I take it my english is pretty good then? Think what you like but I wont respond to any provocations just because I am one of the remaining handful of Celts on here who have not fled this board yet.

Cool story. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

By all accounts Cooper wasn't a nice man. 

Clearly not all accounts

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

As a young lad I was in Davie's company on many an occasion and i can assure you he was not 

He had absolutely no time for anyone that mentioned any of that shit

45 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

what a sad thread this is. No place for it on the TAMB but I suppose it's the way this board is going. The mods seem to allow people to defame each other with impunity, and it's got a lot worse since a certain poster came back from exile

Thank you to the various members who have pointed us in the direction of this post.

dipped flake, we're interested in your interpretation of how one anonymous poster can "defame" another anonymous poster.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

3 hours ago, phart said:

You did you fecking barely functional savant. You follow him round the board calling him it goldfish memory.

3 fecking times in 10 mins and it just doesn't graft itself as a memory.

:lol: Pwned! 

4 hours ago, phart said:

2 hours ago, aaid said:

The generally held view is that it was something to do with his son who had died not long before.  That's undoubtedly a horrible thing to say but has to be taken in the context of the horrible things that thousands of players say on the pitch to put off opponents.

I wasn't going to raise this but seeing as you both have I'll give my view.

aaid is correct Phart in his suggestion of what was said. I'd also go as far as saying that it's not "the generally held view" but an actual fact.

However, aaid I'm stunned that you feel able to "contextualise" (almost to the point of justification) the actions of this vile khunt. I honestly can't think of anything that any player could say to another that would even remotely compare to this.

Davie Cooper was a complete and utter khunt of the highest order.

Just now, Marky said:

I wasn't going to raise this but seeing as you both have I'll give my view.

aaid is correct Phart in his suggestion of what was said. I'd also go as far as saying that it's not "the generally held view" but an actual fact.

However, aaid I'm stunned that you feel able to "contextualise" (almost to the point of justification) the actions of this vile khunt. I honestly can't think of anything that any player could say to another that would even remotely compare to this.

Davie Cooper was a complete and utter khunt of the highest order.

Well I doubt they had a pint and a laugh about it in the bar afterwards and I'd say he crossed the line by some distance but it is the case that players say all sorts of things on the pitch that are solely designed to wind up opponents.  It may indeen make him a vile khunt, but it doesn't make him a bigot.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Well I doubt they had a pint and a laugh about it in the bar afterwards and I'd say he crossed the line by some distance but it is the case that players say all sorts of things on the pitch that are solely designed to wind up opponents.  It may indeen make him a vile khunt, but it doesn't make him a bigot.

I feel pretty comfortable in my assumption that 99.9% of professional footballers would never say such a disgusting thing to a fellow pro under any circumstances whatsoever.

I've no idea whether Davie Cooper was a bigot of not, but given his obvious penchant for extreme khuntability, it's hardly a massive leap to think that he probably was.

34 minutes ago, Marky said:

I feel pretty comfortable in my assumption that 99.9% of professional footballers would never say such a disgusting thing to a fellow pro under any circumstances whatsoever.

I've no idea whether Davie Cooper was a bigot of not, but given his obvious penchant for extreme khuntability, it's hardly a massive leap to think that he probably was.

Indeed. 

37 minutes ago, Marky said:

99.9% of people would never say such a thing to a fellow human being. Mocking someone about the death of their child? Doesn't get much lower than that IMO. 

Must admit, this is the 1st time I have heard this story about Cooper & Fitzpatrick. If true, then that is one of the worst things I have ever heard as regard "trying to wind someone up", nobody in their right mind would think that was even remotely acceptable.

If he did say that, he would have fully deserved a proper leathering.

3 hours ago, Admin4 said:

Thank you to the various members who have pointed us in the direction of this post.

dipped flake, we're interested in your interpretation of how one anonymous poster can "defame" another anonymous poster.

Thanks.

defame may not be the correct word but the abuse being handed out on this thread alone is totally ridiculous. 

Most St. Mirren fans seem to think of it as a case of Not Proven against Cooper on this thread:

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38359-tony-fitz/&page=2

Seriously doubt Cooper would say anything like that. I used to play fives at Larkhall Leisure Center directly after Cooper and he was a gentleman. Our 10 and his 10 were of mixed rivalries.

The Rangers fans song about Fitzpatricks son is an utter disgrace though.

Edited by Mitre
pish spelling