Scotland Under 21's - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Under 21's

bookerman

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I reckon all the hype about him has gone to his head. He needs to knuckle down and graft. The more you put in the more you get out.

Agreed. I think this is a reality check. Lots of people want him in the starting team never mind the squad. That's pretty much a year and a half his career has stood still, not entirely unlike Gauld. He now needs to establish himself at club level I think before he's considered for the squad. 

58 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Agreed. I think this is a reality check. Lots of people want him in the starting team never mind the squad. That's pretty much a year and a half his career has stood still, not entirely unlike Gauld. He now needs to establish himself at club level I think before he's considered for the squad. 

Like Anya, Hanley, Chris Martin etc who don't get a game in the championship yet are regulars in all our squads...

19 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Like Anya, Hanley, Chris Martin etc who don't get a game in the championship yet are regulars in all our squads...

Indeed. But those guys have established careers, Burke hasn't done anything to merit inclusion as yet other being bigger and faster than anything else we have.  I'm sure he will in time though.

Started off very well and could have been 4 or 5 up in the first 20 minutes.  Then took the foot off the pedal and the game became more even which was more than can be said for the surface which was a throwback to Somerset Park in the seventies!  Second half was a bit of a letdown but a comfortable win in the end.

Centre midfield continues to be the problem, I think.  The young lad Campbell didn't seem to get involved much and there was little sign of his legendary tackling skills.  Cadden was pretty ineffective in the middle and I've no idea why Thomas continues to be picked - whatever it is he's supposed to have I just don't see it.

Morgan was good again in the first half but overdid the "take your man on" stuff in the second.  Burke, out on the wing, was good and frustrating in equal parts (I'd hate to be the full back who's relying on him tracking back!).  McBurnie led the line pretty well but nothing special.

Back four untroubled - I could have played there today, the Latvians were that bad.

10 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

He was on the bench for Stoke at home to Chelsea recently.

Shawcross, Zouma, Cameron, Wimmer and Martins Indi all ahead of him though....

You'd think he'd go out on loan to a championship club in January.

That's his wee brother, Harry.  John is the one in the under 21 team. 

8 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

He was on the bench for Stoke at home to Chelsea recently.

Shawcross, Zouma, Cameron, Wimmer and Martins Indi all ahead of him though....

You'd think he'd go out on loan to a championship club in January.

Thats Harry souttar, John souttar is the one playing for the u21s. John souttar  will probably play for us one day in the near future but atm he ain't really better than the options we have. Hopefully Harry shows he can cut it at a high level and make it in epl.