Pure And Simple - Utter Scum! - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pure And Simple - Utter Scum!

I have been given a bit of a hard time from some people I know, friends of friends really, for 'over-reacting' on facebook to what was going on in Glasgow on Friday night. I'll admit it I was 'home alone' and a bit pissed (because, I guess, I was pissed off after the result) but my anger when the images from George Square started to come in at about 6.30pm was also very real. Over the weekend I did wonder if I had gone a bit over the top, resorted to some fairly strong language. But I hadn't, I was right enough, they are scum and Scotland's shame. To be fair it was given fairly straightforward coverage in the Scottish media, not quite so sure about elsewhere in the UK. Lamont's face on RS as the live coverage started to come in was a picture.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English chap I know just assumed that this was disappointed Yes voters rioting.

I had to explain to him that these were No voters and that these particular arseholes are the only people who riot whether they 'win' or lose no matter.

Edited by thplinth

News bias. When Charles de Menedez was murdered by the police I met an Iranian who was indignant that an innocent man had been given a fright, held down, and shot multiple times. I told him no, he was wearing a big rucksack, ran from the cops whilst leaping over a barrier, and shot once, because that's what the news said.

Turned out I was wrong and the Iranian was right.

There are plenty people out there still who believe the news and think 'the 45' are paranoid. But we are like that Iranian. The rest just don't realise yet they are being lied to.

News bias. When Charles de Menedez was murdered by the police I met an Iranian who was indignant that an innocent man had been given a fright, held down, and shot multiple times. I told him no, he was wearing a big rucksack, ran from the cops whilst leaping over a barrier, and shot once, because that's what the news said.

Turned out I was wrong and the Iranian was right.

I thought he jumped the barrier and got shot once. Is that not true?

Just had a look online, this isn't the story as I heard it...

http://www.justice4jean.org/about_campaign_2207.html

The truth may well lie somewhere in the middle, but I'm shocked at that version!!!

Edited by sbcmfc

Just had a look online, this isn't the story as I heard it...

http://www.justice4jean.org/about_campaign_2207.html

The truth may well lie somewhere in the middle, but I'm shocked at that version!!!

He bought a ticket, went through the barrier and sat on the train.

He was then shot multiple times in the head while being restrained by an undercover officer.

Witnesses reported that at no point did the officers involved identify themselves as being police.

It was known within days that the police had lied about several factors, but it wasn't widely reported as such.

He bought a ticket, went through the barrier and sat on the train.

He was then shot multiple times in the head while being restrained by an undercover officer.

Witnesses reported that at no point did the officers involved identify themselves as being police.

It was known within days that the police had lied about several factors, but it wasn't widely reported as such.

shot eleven times in the head...Scotty will no doubt be along soon.

Eh no, the police didn't even shout a warning ,he used his oyster card , walked down the stairs and got in his seat,he was shot to badger with zero warning, the police put out disinformation about him hurdling barriers and wearing a big coat with wires hanging out of it. The leader of the shambles was promoted.

EDIT: the judge also stated they couldn't return an unlawful killing verdict.

Edited by phart

THE END OF AN ERA

As a lifelong Rangers fan I never accepted that there was a conflict of interests in supporting that team and supporting Scottish independence.

One was a football team and the other was a political aspiration and there was no logic in saying they were conflicting or opposing views. I defended all my life the right to support both. Being a proud Scot wanting my country to be in charge of its own destiny did not make me any less a Rangers fan and being a proud Rangers fan supporting a football team I had supported from childhood did not make me any less Scottish.

Even during this referendum I defended the right to support both against the vile bigots and insisted one was political and the other was not. However, when members of Rangers football Club staff such as Ian Durant and Ally McCoist decided to go public in support of the Union that all changed for ever. No longer can I claim that Rangers Football Club is not political. The fact that paid members of the Rangers Staff aligned themselves to the No Campaign means regrettably that I can no longer align myself to Rangers Football Club.

I say this with sadness because I have loved this club as much as any other but I refuse to accept that by doing so I automatically give my allegiance to other Organisations and Political Movements. There will always be a part of me that will miss supporting a team with such history but it is elements that attach themselves to that history that I find abhorrent. Now that the club staff have taken sides I can no longer argue their neutrality. For those of you who shall remain loyal to the club that is your right and I respect it with the same grace I hope you respect my right to withdraw my support. Although I do not flatter myself that they will miss my support in the slightest, especially those Rangers supporters who are tarnishing the name of the club and their country in the streets of Glasgow, but I will miss Rangers the club I have followed since I was a wee seven year old boy.

I shall not use this forum any longer to campaign for Scottish independence but I will not stop campaigning and will use other avenues including 'The Forty Fivers' forum to address the injustice that has been visited upon the people of Scotland by the British Establishment and its cowardly Traitors and servants who walk among us.

Chic Macgregor

THE END OF AN ERA

As a lifelong Rangers fan I never accepted that there was a conflict of interests in supporting that team and supporting Scottish independence.

One was a football team and the other was a political aspiration and there was no logic in saying they were conflicting or opposing views. I defended all my life the right to support both. Being a proud Scot wanting my country to be in charge of its own destiny did not make me any less a Rangers fan and being a proud Rangers fan supporting a football team I had supported from childhood did not make me any less Scottish.

Even during this referendum I defended the right to support both against the vile bigots and insisted one was political and the other was not. However, when members of Rangers football Club staff such as Ian Durant and Ally McCoist decided to go public in support of the Union that all changed for ever. No longer can I claim that Rangers Football Club is not political. The fact that paid members of the Rangers Staff aligned themselves to the No Campaign means regrettably that I can no longer align myself to Rangers Football Club.

I say this with sadness because I have loved this club as much as any other but I refuse to accept that by doing so I automatically give my allegiance to other Organisations and Political Movements. There will always be a part of me that will miss supporting a team with such history but it is elements that attach themselves to that history that I find abhorrent. Now that the club staff have taken sides I can no longer argue their neutrality. For those of you who shall remain loyal to the club that is your right and I respect it with the same grace I hope you respect my right to withdraw my support. Although I do not flatter myself that they will miss my support in the slightest, especially those Rangers supporters who are tarnishing the name of the club and their country in the streets of Glasgow, but I will miss Rangers the club I have followed since I was a wee seven year old boy.

I shall not use this forum any longer to campaign for Scottish independence but I will not stop campaigning and will use other avenues including 'The Forty Fivers' forum to address the injustice that has been visited upon the people of Scotland by the British Establishment and its cowardly Traitors and servants who walk among us.

Chic Macgregor

There are a lot of reasons to consider stopping supporting Rangers at the moment. McCoist and Durrant being pro Union isn't one of them.

There are a lot of reasons to consider stopping supporting Rangers at the moment. McCoist and Durrant being pro Union isn't one of them.

That's what I was thinking.

They've a right to their own opinion. OK we could speculate as to what drives their opinion, but it would be wrong to make assumptions.

That's what I was thinking.

They've a right to their own opinion. OK we could speculate as to what drives their opinion, but it would be wrong to make assumptions.

The only thing I would level criticism at them for is that given the neanderthal element to some of our support it maybe wasn't particularly wise form them to make their stance public as it will then be latched on to by these morons and used as further fuel to their already warped fire. However, on the other side I don't suppose they should be made to feel they need to keep anything to themselves because others will twist it to suit their own agenda.

The only thing I would level criticism at them for is that given the neanderthal element to some of our support it maybe wasn't particularly wise form them to make their stance public as it will then be latched on to by these morons and used as further fuel to their already warped fire. However, on the other side I don't suppose they should be made to feel they need to keep anything to themselves because others will twist it to suit their own agenda.

Plenty Celtic legends were part of the same statement.

The original post seems ridiculously over the top and it seems like a lot of knee jerk reactions muddling up issues in here.

Plenty Celtic legends were part of the same statement.

The original post seems ridiculously over the top and it seems like a lot of knee jerk reactions muddling up issues in here.

Celtic don't have the same fanatical Unionist support that we do. I do agree though that the OP is a bit OOT though.

How widely has this been condemned in the media, certainly haven't seen much reporting of it in England.

Would be nice to hear some Unionist politicians condemning this in public.

Yeah I was in Manchester yesterday and from the people I spoke to, they had either heard nothing or just heard a little on the radio.

From what I had seen on the TV down here and from people I talked to the media tried to play it up as trouble from both sides at first but had to eventually change it to being unionists causing the trouble