Pure And Simple - Utter Scum! - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pure And Simple - Utter Scum!

Well, the good news is, I didn't sit in silence. I've challenged many a person, at both Ibrox and away games; and have reported the worst offenders to police/stewards. But yes, sometimes I had to sit and ignore it, because challenging someone indulging in the bigoted bullsh*t when they were a part of a much larger crowd just wasn't worth the risk to myself. One man vs. many - you've got to play the odds.

But now, I'm done. I'm not going back to Ibrox. I used to be able to disassociate the bigotry from the club & the team, but no longer. I couldn't go back to Ibrox and listen to that bollox, watch the morons glorify in the No vote and gloat over the fact the Union is still intact (barely), and see all the UJs and RHOUs being waved. I used to argue that the club were fighting against the bigotry - I was wrong. They encourage it, they feed it, and they thrive because of it. And I refuse to participate in that.

So now, if I'm going to football when I'm back in Scotland, it won't be to Rangers games. I'll go to one of the local teams - Motherwell, Accies, or Albion Rovers (not Airdrie!). I might even go to the Juniors, never having experienced that before. I'll still look out for Rangers' results, and I'll still hope that they win etc., but I'm not putting my money into the club anymore. I'm not feeding the sectarianism. I'm done.

Top post Nelbo.

For the record I wasn't advocating that people verbally challenge these morons and fair play to you if you've done that in the past. I realise that challenging a bunch of Neanderthals single handedly wouldn't be conducive to good health.

I meant more protest by not going until the club took action..........which you've already done.

:ok:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get one of those half & half scarfs off the guy outside Ibrox underground when you get back into the big league.

Ignore these two Loyalist trolls.

They're just having a wee snigger at the trouble in Glasgow, and enjoy winding people up.

Ignore these two Loyalist trolls.

They're just having a wee snigger at the trouble in Glasgow, and enjoy winding people up.

Last time I was outside Ibrox underground station when Rangers were playing at home the wee guy selling scarfs across from the Ibrox bar shut his stall pretty rapid.

You really want to end sectarianism in Scotland and bring it into the 21st Century?

Stop sending the weans to separate schools...

Aye, because it was kafflik schoolkids in St Ninians blazers that were running riot in George Square, giving nazi salutes and attacking pensioners and gays.

:rolleyes:

Last time I was outside Ibrox underground station when Rangers were playing at home the wee guy selling scarfs across from the Ibrox bar shut his stall pretty rapid.

Ha ha yeh last time I was there there wasn't many Hun scarves getting sold either. The loyal brigade were slinking off home after being pumped out the cup once again by the zombie slayers of dundee. Loved it.

Aye, because it was kafflik schoolkids in St Ninians blazers that were running riot in George Square, giving nazi salutes and attacking pensioners and gays.

:rolleyes:

Nope, they all went to "non-denominational" schools because the state seperates them out and labels them before the age of five.

Pollok - go see Pollok.

Might take you up on that.

Top Post :ok: I can see why folk i know, that also know you, speak highly of you.

:blush:

To be fair, most of it's probably lies.

No, I don't!!

And you're probably telling the truth... As far as you can remember, anyhow.

Top post Nelbo.

For the record I wasn't advocating that people verbally challenge these morons and fair play to you if you've done that in the past. I realise that challenging a bunch of Neanderthals single handedly wouldn't be conducive to good health.

I meant more protest by not going until the club took action..........which you've already done.

I do mind nearly getting a kicking on one occasion at Ibrox (CL game vs. Inter, I think) when some utter caveman next to me started shouting at a lad waving a Saltire to "shove that fukking fenian flag up yer arse". I went a bit mental, not realising he was in a group of 10 said cavemen... Stewards moved me to another seat.

And aye, he was Scottish... :rolleyes: