Steven Fletcher
Leigh Griffiths
Chris Martin
Steven Naismith

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased that Brown is back and Snodgrass is being given a chance.

I feel that Adam is better than McGinn and Bannan.

I watch Paterson every week and his positioning is pretty poor - Bit surprised that another right back (Bardsley / Hutton) are not in theire.

Edited by KennyMiller

Pretty much as expected..
Two surprises:
1) Paterson is the only right back in the list.
2) Snodgrass included despite being touch and go whether he'll be fit.

The squad seems 'ok'. Darren Fletcher, Naismith, Wallace all seem like they could have been replaced with better options, but again it's possible to pick a decent side from the squad. Just remains to be seen whether we do.

Were only playing 1 game not 2. Thats why Strachan hasnt stocked up on players like Hutton & Mulgrew who provide cover. 

If e.g. Paterson gets injured before the game Hutton/Bardsley would be called up immediately. If Paterson got injured during the game Strachan will just put Martin RB and put on Greer/Hanley (I am hoping Berra starts)

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

Pretty much as expected..
Two surprises:
1) Paterson is the only right back in the list.
2) Snodgrass included despite being touch and go whether he'll be fit.

The squad seems 'ok'. Darren Fletcher, Naismith, Wallace all seem like they could have been replaced with better options, but again it's possible to pick a decent side from the squad. Just remains to be seen whether we do.

I'm guessing Russell Martin would be the stand-in right back if needed.

The problem with move Martin to right back is he's the more reliable of our centerbacks.

If Martin and Berra are playing well in the middle and Paterson gets kicked... we have to put Hanley on in the middle, disrupt the central partnership when we could have just put on a right back with no fuss. It's a silly situation to put ourselves in.

Just now, andyD said:

The problem with move Martin to right back is he's the more reliable of our centerbacks.

If Martin and Berra are playing well in the middle and Paterson gets kicked... we have to put Hanley on in the middle, disrupt the central partnership when we could have just put on a right back with no fuss. It's a silly situation to put ourselves in.

Valid point. Anya can slot in at RB as well but calling up Hutton or Bardsley would have been the safer option. 

Its a risk from Strachan. It looks like he's picked his starting 11 already and the subs are just "the best of the rest" 

If everyone is fit I would go for

-----------------------------------Marshall

Paterson---------Martin--------------------Hanley-----------Kingsley

------------------------Brown--------------McArthur

Burke---------------------------------------------------------------Anya

-----------------------------------Snodgrass

-----------------------------------Griffiths

No doubt Stevie Fletcher or Chris Martin will start up front again who are about as mobile as a plank of wood!!! sigh!!

9 minutes ago, Geed said:

If everyone is fit I would go for

-----------------------------------Marshall

Paterson---------Martin--------------------Hanley-----------Kingsley

------------------------Brown--------------McArthur

Burke---------------------------------------------------------------Anya

-----------------------------------Snodgrass

-----------------------------------Griffiths

No doubt Stevie Fletcher or Chris Martin will start up front again who are about as mobile as a plank of wood!!! sigh!!

A guy that's played 8 games for Swansea at left back?

5 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

Not that it matters but Jack Hamilton is garbage. Fox and Bain are far better.

The boy at St Johnstone (Clark?) looks alright aswell. Like you said though, it doesn't really matter, no chance he'd play.

1 minute ago, noctonjock said:

If Brown can make himself available again and get picked right away then why not pick Mccormack ,Rhodes'Adam , Bardsley etc..  to fill other positions we're obvoiusly lacking in . Like someone said earlier the last time we will have to put up with these bizarre decisions

Along with this, I can't really understand why he's dropped McKay and Maloney from the squad. Okay neither were likely to start but Maloney's experience should have him ahead of Forrest.

Haven't seen Hibs this season but don't really agree with picking Championship players (and as a Rangers fan I never really wanted or expected Wallace to get a call up ahead of players playing at a higher level).

McCormack's goal record down south is probably similar to Chris Martin but Strachan obviously has a problem with him.