Squad to play England - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play England

andyD

18 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Around 10 games in two season is a very small sample and Swansea have let in 7 goals in 6 league games (including 2 against Chelsea) he's played. 

If you watched game against Chelsea he was superb and wasn't at fall for the goals, played very well against Leicester as well.  Just my opinion would rather have him than Wallace

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

A boy playing champions league for Celtic canny get in but a boy playing against Ayr this Saturday does?!

You're meaning.. henderson?
and complaining about McGinn?

Not sure 5 minutes as a time-wasting sub really qualifies you for international football. and if you're against McGinn's inclusion i can only assume you haven't watched him playing for us.

5 minutes ago, andyD said:

Not sure 5 minutes as a time-wasting sub really qualifies you for international football. and if you're against McGinn's inclusion i can only assume you haven't watched him playing for us.

Adam and Armstrong are better than McGinn.

10 minutes ago, andyD said:

You just came off a bit miffed that people would consider anyone ahead of Wallace.
Apologies if you weren't.

So we have a game we can't lose against a much stronger side, there's a very inexperienced player in the squad who's been playing (infrequently) in team that haven't been doing that well and I was discussing (with reference to relevant data) whether he should play or not at no time did I mention an alternative (it was you did that) and with your psychic powers you deduced I was miffed about Wallace. 

Your crystal ball is f**ked.

Edited by Larky Masher

19 minutes ago, andyD said:

I was meaning Stuart Armstrong. Although I will be watching him on Saturday against Ayr

19 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

So we have a game we can't lose against a much stronger side, there's a very inexperienced player in the squad who's been playing (infrequently) in team that haven't been doing that well and I was discussing (with reference to relevant data) whether he should play or not at no time did I mention an alternative (it was you did that) and with your psychic powers you deduced I was miffed about Wallace. 

Your crystal ball is f**ked.

Calm yourself, you're being a numpty. I said sorry if i'd misinterpretted you, no need to spit your dummy and be on about my psychic powers.

11 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

I was meaning Stuart Armstrong. Although I will be watching him on Saturday against Ayr

Ah fair enough. Armstrong can maybe feel a bit unlucky, Don't think he or McGinn would be anywhere near Strachan's (or many peoples) thoughts for the starting line up tho. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Brown and Fletcher doing the defensive work and McArthur as a number 10. I think that'll be the end of us, but it's what I expect to happen.

5 minutes ago, andyD said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Brown and Fletcher doing the defensive work and McArthur as a number 10. I think that'll be the end of us, but it's what I expect to happen.

That'll definitely be what happens. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That'll definitely be what happens. 

This is the team I 100% fear us putting out:

Marshall
Paterson - Martin - Hanley - Wallace
Fletcher - Brown
Snodgrass - McArthur - Ritchie
Martin

For me we get ruined 3 or 4 nil with that.. we've got all the guys with poor technique and low work-rate, there's no pace at all, it sticks with the same players despite them not getting game time at club level and it'll just be a horror show for 95 minutes.

Unfortunately I think there's a 70% chance that that'll be the side we start the game with.

2 minutes ago, andyD said:

Marshall
Fletcher - Brown
Martin

For me we get ruined 3 or 4 nil with that.. we've got all the guys with poor technique and low work-rate, there's no pace at all, it sticks with the same players despite them not getting game time at club level and it'll just be a horror show for 95 minutes.

Unfortunately I think there's a 70% chance that that'll be the side we start the game with.

Agreed. Then bye bye Strachan.

Exactly the sort of game we need Burke, Griffiths and guys who can counter attack at pace. Exactly the sort of game guys actually playing football like Berra should be involved in also.

Alas as we know all to well, the above isn't the Strachan way.

Edited by ProudScot

Just now, andyD said:

Marshall
Fletcher - Brown
Martin

Yup, I can see that being the team as well ?

Id have Anya on the left, Burke on the right and Griffiths up front. We need pace, and that side above has none. 

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Id have Anya on the left, Burke on the right and Griffiths up front. We need pace, and that side above has none. 

Does Anya even have it anymore!? I think he's a bit of a spent force now tbh!

50 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I'd go for that as well.  I'm surprised that Snodgrass is in the squad as Hull were ruling him out for a month and certainly when I saw him against Stoke he wasn't great -and I say that as someone who likes him as a player.  Hull regulars were saying that his goals at the start of the season were masking otherwise below par performances.  Bardsley on the other hand was quietly effective as usual and should be in the squad as he can play on both flanks.