League Cup Final - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The SFA are in the dark ages. It's about time they done a toss of the coin to determine what team gets which side of the stadium

Totally.  Or else give it to Aberdeen to save their supporters having to travel to the far end of the city.  The only people who don't think this kind of institutional bias matters are Old Firm fans. 

Dundee Utd have only ever won the cup with our supporters in the East Stand.  We'd like that one all the time please. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

ha, there's a good few Aberdeen fans from down that way. 80s kids i'd imagine.

There was an Ayrshire Aberdeen supporters club at the end of the 1970's.

No idea exactly where it was based, but it existed. I believe they've merged into the 'Glasgow and West' branch now.

After listening to McInnes on Sportsound last night, i'm feeling slightly more optimistic. An excellent interview (excluding the first question by the moronic Kenny McIntyre), worth getting the podcast if you're an Aberdeen fan and missed it. 

Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic aet 

Dons to triumph 7-6 on pens. ;) 

16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

There was an Ayrshire Aberdeen supporters club at the end of the 1970's.

No idea exactly where it was based, but it existed. I believe they've merged into the 'Glasgow and West' branch now.

There still was in the 90s/early 00s i'm sure.

I'm sure it picked up in Kilmarnock amongst other places.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

After listening to McInnes on Sportsound last night, i'm feeling slightly more optimistic. An excellent interview (excluding the first question by the moronic Kenny McIntyre), worth getting the podcast if you're an Aberdeen fan and missed it. 

Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic aet 

Dons to triumph 7-6 on pens. ;) 

Can't say I'm optimistic, or that I'm defeatist.

I acknowledge that at this moment, Celtic are by head and shoulders the best team in Scotland. They're a much better team than they have been for years, and I suspect that they're unlikely to succumb to the brainfarts that saw them freeze when things didn't go their way against the likes of Ross County, ICT and Killie in previous cup games (with all respect to all these sides, who were deserved winners on the day).

We'll have to play to the very best of our abilities to stand a chance. It would be nice for once if our 'big game players'.....and I mean McGinn especially....could at last put in a big game performance when it counts.

5 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I hear Aberdeen have returned tickets for this & they have now been sold on to Celtic fans, so Celtic fans are now in the South Upper above Aberdeen fans :ok:

where did you hear this?

the only tickets available for the aberdeen end are in the west stand, less than 200. South stand is completely sold out

Edited by vanderark14

6 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I hear Aberdeen have returned tickets for this & they have now been sold on to Celtic fans, so Celtic fans are now in the South Upper above Aberdeen fans :ok:

Lolz.

Good fishing.... :lol:

35 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Aberdeen were never allocated those? 

Those tickets are debentures.

South Stand Lower Section P £35
South Stand Upper Section Q £35
North Stand Section C £35
West Stand Sections A & B £30 Adult and £15 for Under 16s
North Stand Wheelchair £20 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
South Stand Wheelchair £15 Adult and £5 for Under 16s
West Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult and £5 for Under 16s

Celtic fans will occupy the following sections:

South Stand Lower Section I £35
South Stand Upper Section H £35
North Stand Section D £35
East Stand Sections F & G £30 Adult and £15 for Under 16s
East Stand Wheelchair £10 Adult and £5 for Under 16s

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-announce-ticket-details-for-betfred-cup-final/#MCIW12e7HpLAqMoO.99

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-announce-ticket-details-for-betfred-cup-final/#MCIW12e7HpLAqMoO.99

Cheers, he's obviously been told wrong then - it must be returned debentures

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are they really debentures? Every semi-final/final to Hampden I have been to they have either been empty or have been standard fans tickets (having been in section N twice in the last 10 years).

I assume they were held back from the inital allocation and would have been made available to Aberdeen if they wanted them?

Edit: Worth pointing out K, L, M and N were all unallocated.

Edited by theweestevie

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Both sides got a few hundred extra tickets about a week ago. I assume the sections in question are these extra tickets. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Both sides got a few hundred extra tickets about a week ago. I assume the sections in question are these extra tickets. 

Yeah I imagine that is what they are.

If the claim about Celtic fans having tickets for section N is true, then that is very much in the Aberdeen end if it is a true 50/50 split.

8 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Are they really debentures? Every semi-final/final to Hampden I have been to they have either been empty or have been standard fans tickets (having been in section N twice in the last 10 years).

I assume they were held back from the inital allocation and would have been made available to Aberdeen if they wanted them?

My burd and my mate got tickets for the Semi Final (Celtic fans) through his work as they had debentures.

They still had to pay for them, i guess a lot of them only get taken up for big games.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My burd and my mate got tickets for the Semi Final (Celtic fans) through his work as they had debentures.

They still had to pay for them, i guess a lot of them only get taken up for big games.

I was there for Rangers v Celtic and I got the tickets allocated through Rangers as part of the cup scheme and I was surrounded by standard fans. The section is quite big though so there are probably debenture seats closer to the centre of the pitch where as I was a bit away from the centre. Also possible that as you say a lot of the people around me got them in a similar fashin throgh work/people with contacts.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

They're unallocated because that's where the vast majority of debenture holders have seats. 

If a Rangers supporting debenture holder with a seat in the section next to Aberdeen fans decides to get tickets for Celtic supporting mates, there's nothing anyone can do about that. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The 1230 thing isn't a law on a Sunday anymore. You can buy a carryout at 10am. Pretty sure every spoons serves from 10am but definitely at 11am. 

Few boozers in Southside open at 10am. Most decent ones open 11 or 12 though. 

Cheers, didnt realise that. I remember a Scotish cup semi a few years ago v Celtic on a Sunday 12:45ko and had to watch a 4 0 gubbing sober. Must of been about 4 years ago. 

To make matters worse we ended up with Josh Mcginiss playing right back......