Ed Milliband Says No - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ed Milliband Says No

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this:

Robin Brant

Political Correspondent, BBC News

Miliband: Debate needed

Posted at

15:29

Ed Miliband signals that he will not sign up to the prime minister's plan to give more power to the Scottish Parliament at the same time as trying to agree new powers for English MPs.

While accepting the need for reforms, the Labour leader says that he wants a process of debate to begin before the general election but - crucially - he calls for a constitutional convention to finalise reform to happen later, in the autumn of 2015.

David Cameron had earlier said changes to address the so-called English question - to allow English MPs the same powers over England-only legislation that the devolved parliament and assemblies will have in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast - "must take place in tandem with, and at the same pace as, the settlement for Scotland"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-29130277

Salmond saying he asked Cameron about the timetable for more powers. Cameron's response? "It's a meaningless process", according to James Cook

Well done No voters, big pat on the back

Cant do anything but laugh, well done Scotland you bought it hook line and sinker. Absolute mugs.

If this is true then Miliband is an utter disgrace and the Labour party should be hanging its head in utter shame for tis betrayal of its own people.

The media who enthusiastically trumpeted Brown's message so uncritically should hang their heads in shame too.

And anyone who changed their minds because of The Vow, do you have anything to say for yourself?

Edited by exile

mugs and cowards who were desperate to believe anything that Westminster told them.

Where's Gordon Brown with his timetable now ?

I just texted my mate similar, we wont see Darling or Brown on TV again for months.

Im not surprised at Miliband, Cameron etc, but I am disgusted with Scots, did they really expect anything else.

Nothing like letting yourself and your country get raped. Disgusting.

Gordon Brown, what a piece of work!

They've already talked of him as a Shakespearean tragic figure, for his Downing Street career.

Who'd have thunk he'd have another tragic role to play, delivering a jittery Scotland into the hands of Westminster - the reneging buffoon Miliband - and saving David Cameron's career.

Arise Lord Brown you have done your work

Edited by exile

But back to the practicalities. As I understand it, the Tories would wish to engineer a new devolutionary arrangement that would make it difficult for Scots MPs to influence tax legislation for England. This would make it more difficult for a Labour government to get its tax agenda through the House of Commons, if it would have needed Scots MPs to get a majority.

But how many Labour MPs Scotland is willing to send to Westminster, becomes the question.

Anyone else not notice how dark Scotland is today?

No smiling, crowing or parties in the street. It's basically like a funeral - you see a Yes flag/badge on a person and give a smile without opening your mouth, but deep down you are absolutely gutted and hurting.

Ye ken, I was greeting when I read that, exactly how I feel and I was doing the same !

Like Kumnio said, everyone who voted no has just let themselves and their country be raped!!!!

I'm gutted but, I'm glad to say I'm very proud of those who did vote YES and like myself done their own wee bit of campaigning for the cause!

I'm also glad to say I'm angry and we all need to find ways of fuelling that anger into something positive for future change!

Dinnae gie up, as an auld wummin in Wardieburn said to me yesterday, "we might lose the battle, the war's still to be won!!!!"

Edited by fierypict