This Weekends Games - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

"Retard" - classy :ok: 

He said something RB doesn't like about Rangers. It's RB's default response. I'm a bigot too because I don't like a football team. You'll no doubt be one too in his book. The guy's a total roaster who slings about insults he doesn't understand. 

And now you're the fantasist.

Lots of people say lots of things about Rangers I don't like.  Sometimes I even agree with them. I only call people bigoted when they display the behaviour. 

Now ErsatzThistle has been spouting pish on here with not a peep from anyone other than Rangers supporters but when he gets called out on it and fails totally to back up any of his guff the usual suspects crawl out the woodwork with their rubbish.

Seriously Parky, if me calling you a bigot hurts you that much you need to see someone. Why would my opinion of you matter so much that you'd still he greetin about it?

And whether you like Rangers or not is immaterial. It's the irrational attitude towards normal folk just because they support a different team that's the problem. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Meanwhile, Rangers go 2nd top - just as I predicted.:D

I think it's possible that they could stay there until the end of the season. A lot will depend of whether Aberdeen have the baws to go to Ibrox and win.

It is possible, but I seriously doubt it.  It has been a major mixed bag of performances although last Saturday was decent and a big step in the right direction.  If they can consistently perform at that level, then I would agree with you, but not sure they can.  I also agree that Aberdeen will have a huge say in it and on the plus side for us, I don't think they have the baws over the season.  We still haven't played Hearts yet which will be a test.  Our short-term goal should be to win every game - bar last one - this year.  Tough.

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And now you're the fantasist.

Lots of people say lots of things about Rangers I don't like.  Sometimes I even agree with them. I only call people bigoted when they display the behaviour. 

Now ErsatzThistle has been spouting pish on here with not a peep from anyone other than Rangers supporters but when he gets called out on it and fails totally to back up any of his guff the usual suspects crawl out the woodwork with their rubbish.

Seriously Parky, if me calling you a bigot hurts you that much you need to see someone. Why would my opinion of you matter so much that you'd still he greetin about it?

And whether you like Rangers or not is immaterial. It's the irrational attitude towards normal folk just because they support a different team that's the problem. 

I just think it's important to highlight to folk that being called a "bigot" by yourself is meaningless, as it's a term you sling about without knowing much about the person you're accusing at all. 

I in no way have an "irrational attitude towards normal folk just because they support a different team". You don't have a scooby about me. I said you something you didn't like about Rangers and you decided i was a bigot. A completely false position that you've been too much of a whank to retreat from. Maybe you should inform my pal that i'm going to London with next week that i secretly hate him. Or the Rangers supporting lassie i went out with for years that i hate her too. Pr!ck. 

Edited by Parklife

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Meanwhile, Rangers go 2nd top - just as I predicted.:D

I think it's possible that they could stay there until the end of the season. A lot will depend of whether Aberdeen have the baws to go to Ibrox and win.

Rangers pay one player more than Killie pay their entire starting 11.

Anything less than 2nd is a complete and utter failure.

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I just think it's important to highlight to folk that being called a "bigot" by yourself is meaningless, as it's a term you sling about without knowing much about the person you're accusing at all. 

I in no way have an "irrational attitude towards normal folk just because they support a different team". You don't have a scooby about me. I said you something you didn't like about Rangers and you decided i was a bigot. A completely false position that you've been too much of a whank to retreat from. Maybe you should inform my pal that i'm going to London with next week that i secretly hate him. Or the Rangers supporting lassie i went out with for years that i hate her too. Pr!ck. 

well said, I get accused of the same crap on here from certain rangers fans yet the two lads I attend most games with support rangers. I've been friends with these two lads  for years

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

correct again, they've splashed the cash compared to the other ten teams............they've just splashed on shite.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Of course calling someone a bigot on here is relatively meaningless as all we see here are very narrow snapshots of folks opinions. Sometimes badly expressed and therefore confusing or misunderstood.  So that's why I don't care what folk call me on here and why I don't get your sensitivity. 

Back to my original point though. Wheres ErsatzThistle now? He makes stuff up about the remembrance stuff at Ibrox being a massive "sash bash" and them scuttles off when told he's making things up. Anyone would think the weasel was just on here to cause bother.

Incidentally you shouldn't call folk names on here as Admin4 is a bit trigger happy. Gave me a warning point for calling ErsatzThistle a fanny, which he is. Apparently that's bad but being full of shit is ok! ?

So, call me any names you want, if it makes you feel better between I called you a bigot you were behaving like one, in my opinion.  As I've said in my first paragraph it's from a very narrow window of perception so I can live with the fact I may be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't totally agree as for this one season I think it's different. 

Rangers had to build a team last season so piles of players were changed and we were very lucky that they clicked early on. That faded and we eventually staggered to the end of the season. This was due to only really having about 15 decent players.

This season we need a full squad. So again a pile of players have been signed with not to lucky a start. It's always difficult to gel with so many changes.

I think Killie are like that too this season with the number of changes they made in the summer. It may take till Christmas to get the players all on the same page and I think after that we can judge.

Aberdeen have a settled  experienced and good quality squad so I can see them getting second if we don't gel quickly enough, assuming they hit the same sort of form as last season. 

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What's funny about that? Are you saying that with teh budget Rangers have, the wages their players are on that finishing 3rd or 4th would be anything but a failure?

Your budget is a hell of a lot closer to Celtic's than anyone else in the league is to yours. 

Was laughing at 2 things really, based on last weekend, your players don't deserve to paid as much as they are.

And with all due respect to all the teams fighting for 2nd spot, if Rangers come 3rd behind, lets say Aberdeen for arguments sake, I don't think this season is a failure at all.  

I am slightly different to you though, I don't think the league will always be decided on who has what budget. 

Edited by BlueGaz

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't totally agree as for this one season I think it's different. 

Rangers had to build a team last season so piles of players were changed and we were very lucky that they clicked early on. That faded and we eventually staggered to the end of the season. This was due to only really having about 15 decent players.

This season we need a full squad. So again a pile of players have been signed with not to lucky a start. It's always difficult to gel with so many changes.

I think Killie are like that too this season with the number of changes they made in the summer. It may take till Christmas to get the players all on the same page and I think after that we can judge.

Aberdeen have a settled  experienced and good quality squad so I can see them getting second if we don't gel quickly enough, assuming they hit the same sort of form as last season. 

Aberdeen have a settled side and we have no excuse if we don't get 2nd or 3rd, where as other teams in the league have to re-build every year because they lose players. Rangers are not unique in this

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Was laughing at 2 things really, based on last weekend, your players don't deserve to paid as much as they are.

And with all due respect to all the teams fighting for 2nd spot, if Rangers come 3rd behind, lets say Aberdeen for arguments sake, I don't think this season is a failure at all.  

I am slightly different to you though, I don't think the league will always be decided on who has what budget. 

Haha we were pish on Saturday. Same pish you were lucky to draw with in august right enough. 

Budget isn't be all and end all but we'll see how content you lot are next season and the following season when celtic are coasting it to 10IAR. 

It'll be spend, spend, spend. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Haha we were pish on Saturday. Same pish you were lucky to draw with in august right enough. 

Budget isn't be all and end all but we'll see how content you lot are next season and the following season when celtic are coasting it to 10IAR. 

It'll be spend, spend, spend. 

Unfortunately you are probably right, and its a shame. But when you say "you lot", its not everyone, trust me.  Don't go all Eerstaz on me. 

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Incidentally you shouldn't call folk names on here as Admin4 is a bit trigger happy. Gave me a warning point for calling ErsatzThistle a fanny, which he is. Apparently that's bad but being full of shit is ok! ?

I'm comfortable with how i've expressed myself. 

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Of course you are - you got the attention you crave :ok:

I'll reiterate what i said yesterday, i do not give the smallest semblance of a toss about what you think. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'll reiterate what i said yesterday, i do not give the smallest semblance of a toss about what you think. 

Yes you do.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

I agree to an extent, St Johnstone are a great example of a team who do well on a tight budget. Or Leicester winning the EPL last season.

But when the difference is ten fold it really should be the difference.

Joey Barton has probably been paid more during his suspension than many players will make all season.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I in no way have an "irrational attitude towards normal folk just because they support a different team". You don't have a scooby about me.

You won't see it obviously. But this just about sums you up on the board.

24 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Hypocrisy alert.

Morning, Bestie :) 

7 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You won't see it obviously. But this just about sums you up on the board.

Thanks for your input. As i've said repeatedly, i've no interest in the opinion of someone who uses "retard" as an insult :ok: 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Parklife said:

Morning, Bestie :) 

Thanks for your input. As i've said repeatedly, i've no interest in the opinion of someone who uses "retard" as an insult :ok: 

I called someone stupid, you just called someone a whank and a pr1ck.  You really don't make sense.  I think we need to call you boots from now on, coz your so far up your own arse, thats all we can see.