National Anthem - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

Went a full 360 degrees on this. Was all for binning it, however, do you think our forefathers who fought and argued for a Free Scotland in the past would give up a song like this just because they were defeated?

I can't wait to have my first chance to sing it for the Scotland national team, it is not me that will feel guilty singing it, it is not me that wants a Scotland team playing in World football against other Countries whilst not wanting it to be an Independent Country in its own right. Don't blame me, I voted YES.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giblet I was the same about the song until I watch the tv programme the other day about Robert the Bruce ,he went into hiding until his time was right....that time is for us now....the oaps cost us a lot of votes as there scared of change ....what I'm saying is unite Scotland stand together in the stands no matter where you from eBay fan with a saltire on sticks or in hands get them flying for me this is a chance to show all watching we Scots are not going away.....I am very proud of us Scots the fekers down south were shitn themselves and used every tactic they could don't give them any ammo? Stand together well done you to say you looked it differently. Again we need all in that stadium especially in front of England arms around each other ....a proud yes man .I didn't let .y country down then and I ain't starting now.fos it is.I run the rampantlions and I have just short of 200 Scotland fans going to the Saturday game and I will be asking all of them to sing with heart.

Is there anyone else that isn't going to this game due to the referendum result?

Not beacause I have packed it in and want the team to disband, the fight does continue and the dream lives on but I am just too demoralised at the moment and lack the passion to go and watch Scotland. There is no enthusiasim or desire from me at the moment for the national team, something has just been sucked out of me.

I will no doubt be at games later on in the campaign, I hope, but this one is just too soon so I have given up my ticket.

Went a full 360 degrees on this. Was all for binning it, however, do you think our forefathers who fought and argued for a Free Scotland in the past would give up a song like this just because they were defeated?

I can't wait to have my first chance to sing it for the Scotland national team, it is not me that will feel guilty singing it, it is not me that wants a Scotland team playing in World football against other Countries whilst not wanting it to be an Independent Country in its own right. Don't blame me, I voted YES.

we haven't been 'defeated'

it has been confirmed by ourselves that we do not want to rise and become a nation again

its sad but the song doesn't make sense anymore

Is there anyone else that isn't going to this game due to the referendum result?

Not beacause I have packed it in and want the team to disband, the fight does continue and the dream lives on but I am just too demoralised at the moment and lack the passion to go and watch Scotland. There is no enthusiasim or desire from me at the moment for the national team, something has just been sucked out of me.

I will no doubt be at games later on in the campaign, I hope, but this one is just too soon so I have given up my ticket.

Im feeling the same mate

we haven't been 'defeated'

it has been confirmed by ourselves that we do not want to rise and become a nation again

its sad but the song doesn't make sense anymore.

What nonsense. You have sung the national anthem since it was adopted in the 1990s at a time when polls probably had votes for independence at around 10 to 20% so what has changed since then? If anything you should be singing it with even more pride now as 45% was within touching distance of independence.

So why did you go to games when opinion polls put the yes vote at 20%?

What nonsense. You have sung the national anthem since it was adopted in the 1990s at a time when polls probably had votes for independence at around 10 to 20% so what has changed since then? If anything you should be singing it with even more pride now as 45% was within touching distance of independence.

don't be silly

we've had the vote, we don't want it

We shouldn't forget 79 was a no vote and that's no stopped us singing it. Right the lyrics do stick in your thought at the moment but in my heart they apply to me so I'll be singing for me. 45

79 was not a "No" vote.

The majority of voters voted "Yes".

I have decided that we weren't defeated, we were let down by others.

Those who voted YES and would have voted YES if we were allowed to bloody vote can stand tall and proud with our chests puffed out, as we have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

As for FOS, I was also of the opinion that it should go, but now ask why ?

We might have lost a battle, but we have NOT lost the 'war' for freedom. We shall rise and be the nation again. We will have our Freedom.

We are Scotland.......not Britain :ok:

Jesus. Reading some of the stuff on here is ridiculous

FOS is our song and I think I am right to say the vast majority of Scotland fans voted YES. So we should be singing it loud and clear.

Therefore we will sing it until we finally are free.....the fight lives on. I will not roll over and go I to my box

I agree, we have belted it out for years, by voting YES we believed we can still be a nation again, nothing has changed...lets not give up, when the Westminster parties don't give the powers they promised, it'll be back on the agenda.

Yes and you sung the song I take it last year when we would have lost the vote by even more when polls had yes at 20% so I don't see what you are saying.

i actually believed if we had voted at any point in the last 300 years when it came to the crunch we would have voted yes

Don't really understand people not going to football or not wanting to sing fos.people are over thinking it.nothing has really changed.it never really represent the whole Scottish viewpoint anyway even before the idea of the referendum.there has always been them and us.

Edited by allyc