National Anthem - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never have and never will use terms like "traitor", "quisling" and all that nonsense.

I posted this on here in August 2006.

Let's take a trip down memory lane...

Are unionists stealth traitors?

Are Scottish unionists simply an evolved, more mature (and therefore less obvious) version of the Vichy French?

For example had the German occupation of France endured to this day would those supporting the German puppet regime be sounding so different to modern day Scottish Unionists?

Would their arguments not be identical?

The Germans are much smarter than us, we are too stupid to run our own affairs, the economy will suffer if they leave, it is racist to hate the Germans, and so on.

Would their tactics not be identical?

Lie and suppress any information that proves that independence would be a good thing, undermine every independence politician using ALL means available, saturate the country with pro-union propaganda and anti-independence slurs. Call them all ‘rabid’ and paint them as extremists.

Both work hard at denying their country’s freedom, both support a foreign power instead of their own people, both run down their country and slag off its capabilities. Both have to use lies and deception to maintain their phony status quo because both know the truth is a danger to them.

Have generations of Scottish unionists become so imbued with unionist propaganda over the centuries that they now wear their treachery with pride, fully convinced they are acting in Scotland’s best interests?

Are they like a brainwashed child turning in their own parents to the secret police for thought crimes, completely convinced they are acting in good faith?

The Union was treachery. The passage of time does nothing to change that. Therefore to support it today must also be treachery. How is it not? How can it be anything but?

That said I do not think that most unionists are genuine traitors because they do not know what they are doing. They are actually victims., victims of centuries of social programming and mind control - the most ingenious and effective example of which is sectarianism. That was an act of colonial genius - how to permanently divide both Ireland and Scotland turning one against the other and create a false war within each country.

Even to this day that ‘divide and conquer’ mechanism is still working beautifully. Born and bred Scots eagerly and with pride fly the flags of a different country and look down their noses at those who fly the flag of their country of birth.

You could not make it up. And the whole world laughs at Scotland because of it.

And the funny part is that as England and the English lurch away from the concept of Britain the only people left who really support Britain will be those very same brainwashed Scots. So incapable are they of freeing themselves from the doctrinal cage they have been locked in.

Unionism is treachery but it is a pathetic, sad kind of treachery. It is something to be pitied. Like an ex-slave who still adopts his Uncle Tom (or more accurately Uncle Tam) persona when speaking to a white man.

And so it is with unionists, they have been so well conditioned that even when free in body they are still slaves in their own mind.

Are Scottish unionists simply an evolved, more mature (and therefore less obvious) version of the Vichy French?

For example had the German occupation of France endured to this day would those supporting the German puppet regime be sounding so different to modern day Scottish Unionists?

The Germans are much smarter than us, we are too stupid to run our own affairs, the economy will suffer if they leave, it is racist to hate the Germans, and so on.

Lie and suppress any information that proves that independence would be a good thing, undermine every independence politician using ALL means available, saturate the country with pro-union propaganda and anti-independence slurs. Call them all ‘rabid’ and paint them as extremists.

Both work hard at denying their country’s freedom, both support a foreign power instead of their own people, both run down their country and slag off its capabilities. Both have to use lies and deception to maintain their phony status quo because both know the truth is a danger to them.

Have generations of Scottish unionists become so imbued with unionist propaganda over the centuries that they now wear their treachery with pride, fully convinced they are acting in Scotland’s best interests?

Are they like a brainwashed child turning in their own parents to the secret police for thought crimes, completely convinced they are acting in good faith?

The Union was treachery. The passage of time does nothing to change that. Therefore to support it today must also be treachery. How is it not? How can it be anything but?

That said I do not think that most unionists are genuine traitors because they do not know what they are doing. They are actually victims., victims of centuries of social programming and mind control - the most ingenious and effective example of which is sectarianism. That was an act of colonial genius - how to permanently divide both Ireland and Scotland turning one against the other and create a false war within each country.

Even to this day that ‘divide and conquer’ mechanism is still working beautifully. Born and bred Scots eagerly and with pride fly the flags of a different country and look down their noses at those who fly the flag of their country of birth.

And the funny part is that as England and the English lurch away from the concept of Britain the only people left who really support Britain will be those very same brainwashed Scots. So incapable are they of freeing themselves from the doctrinal cage they have been locked in.

Unionism is treachery but it is a pathetic, sad kind of treachery. It is something to be pitied. Like an ex-slave who still adopts his Uncle Tom (or more accurately Uncle Tam) persona when speaking to a white man.

And so it is with unionists, they have been so well conditioned that even when free in body they are still slaves in their own mind.

Jep it is amazing that our own people believe there are no Scottish politicians who could do a better job freed from Westminster.

Great post. Get them to look at themselves in the mirror

Why did they phuqq off then? Benefits of the union?

If you think that anyone who moved away from Scotland is some sort of traitor and doesn't give a , then you sir are a small minded feckin idiot.

People's lives take them in all sorts of different directions for all sorts of different reasons. I moved away from Scotland nearly 30 years ago, but anyone who knows me will tell you that there is no more passionate a Scot living in Scotland than me living in Jersey.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with Wolfgang that we should have been entitled to a vote, but anyone telling me that I have no right to an opinion or that I don't care about Scotland coz I moved away, can phuk right off!!

i agree with you.

i agree with you.

I posted that as a thread back then, 8 years ago. Overall a lukewarm reception with a few notable exceptions I recall. :wink2:

The only reply I can specifically remember with any clarity was Jonny's who said: "You know, that isn't completely whacko". I took it as a compliment then but re-reading it now I think I was way ahead of my time.

edit: jeezo deleted a smiley by mistake. RIP wavey one.

Edited by thplinth

I posted that as a thread back then, 8 years ago. Overall a lukewarm reception with a few notable exceptions I recall. :wink2:

The only reply I can specifically remember with any clarity was Jonny's who said: "You know, that isn't completely whacko". I took it as a compliment then but re-reading it now I think I was way ahead of my time.

edit: jeezo deleted a smiley by mistake. RIP wavey one.

Yer not taking full credit for the Jimmy Savile thread :wink2:

If you think that anyone who moved away from Scotland is some sort of traitor and doesn't give a badger, then you sir are a small minded feckin idiot.

People's lives take them in all sorts of different directions for all sorts of different reasons. I moved away from Scotland nearly 30 years ago, but anyone who knows me will tell you that there is no more passionate a Scot living in Scotland than me living in Jersey.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with Wolfgang that we should have been entitled to a vote, but anyone telling me that I have no right to an opinion or that I don't care about Scotland coz I moved away, can phuk right off!!

Marky - you misunderstood me. I think it was entirely fair that only the people registered to vote in Scotland got a vote in the referendum.

the point i was making - or at least trying to make - was with the use of the 'we' as though it was only Scots that voted. It wasn't. Like you there are close to 750,000 born and bred Scots who because they have left Scotland (and i agree they are not traitors for doing so) were not able to vote. Whereas as Caledonian Craig pointed out an English student who has lived in Scotland for 18 months could vote. The same with say a Polish immigrant (who i have no problem with) - who will be supporting Poland against us on tuesday could vote.

Quite simply i was annoyed the word 'we' as though it was only born and bred Scots that voted - it wasnt!!

So i dont think the term 'we' is as appropriate as many on the board think it is.

An emotional FoS at Greyskull today. Liked it with just the pipe band and the drumbeat to keep time. Tried to follow it up with a chant of 'you can stick yer fuckin union up yer arse' but no bugger joined in and the wife looked affronted. Is there a worse feeling in the world than nobody joining in your football chant? :cry::worried:

Edited by redstevie007

An emotional FoS at Greyskull today. Liked it with just the pipe band and the drumbeat to keep time. Tried to follow it up with a chant of 'you can stick yer fuckin union up yer arse' but no bugger joined in and the wife looked affronted. Is there a worse feeling in the world than nobody joining in your football chant? :cry::worried:

Everything was pretty neutral.I cried a lot but most people round about were quite normal.Guys like you I really look up to.Let's hope the team gets better and the fight for independance will be successful one day.

Get over the referendum and get back to supporting your country. Only 37% of eligible scots voted for separation, approx 1 in 3 who had the opportunity to vote. The vast majority of scots want to stay in the UK, or can't be arsed to vote