National Anthem - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

I saw The Corries sing Flower of Scotland in a half filled Albert Hall early 70's , I was a serving soldier and I knew that this song was special to me and always will be , something that gstq was not although during 30 years in the Army during many ceremonial functions , gstq and toasts to HM were raised , I mimed , saved me being on charges , Flower of Scotland has and will always be my Anthem , whether you sing it , is a personal choice , we have so many other anthems , called folk tunes we could use , we are a talented nation , I will belt out Flower Of Scotland at Ibrox

Admire your view mate.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's off the menu too...

Because we're not Scotland the Brave, are we?!?!?!

We're 55% Scotland the Cowardly.

Good shout mate,its awe they no voting snoby fekers that frequent murrayfield,thats a gid few o the 55%.they fuds will still sing fos at there next international way nae shame---- :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by big clarky

• 2 weeks later...

I can appreciate lads on here not wanting to sing Flower Of Scotland given the referendum result but to suddenly not have any support/love or whatever, for your national team based on a political outcome is completely daft unless you're the type of person who bases his support for Scotland on a conditional basis. Therefore you're a flute in coluquial terms :)

I can appreciate lads on here not wanting to sing Flower Of Scotland given the referendum result but to suddenly not have any support/love or whatever, for your national team based on a political outcome is completely daft unless you're the type of person who bases his support for Scotland on a conditional basis.

I would echo those sentiments in general.

Well I'm one of the 45% as I'm sure most of the folk who'll be there on Saturday are.

We should sing 'FOS' with all our hearts and show we are not beaten.

The 55% might have won the first Battle but they certainly have not won the War.

Scary!

I can appreciate lads on here not wanting to sing Flower Of Scotland given the referendum result but to suddenly not have any support/love or whatever, for your national team based on a political outcome is completely daft unless you're the type of person who bases his support for Scotland on a conditional basis. Therefore you're a flute in coluquial terms :)

21 pages to get a bit of sense!

A lot of these views, and the abuse being dished out to No voters come from the same folks that regularly get ripped into Rangers and Celtic fans for bringing Bigotry and Politics to a football match.

Clearly the irony is lost on them.

A lot of these views, and the abuse being dished out to No voters come from the same folks that regularly get ripped into Rangers and Celtic fans for bringing Bigotry and Politics to a football match.

Agree totally... Politics and football do not mix and never have!

Go and support Scotland and put politics to the side for one day! If you cannot bring yourself to get behind the team due to the outcome of the referendum then you don't need to go to the match

Talking about 'battles' and 'war' between your fellow countrymen...

I'm going to hazard a guess that he was using hyperbole in order to address the issues of immediacy and longtermism.

And wasn't actually talking about real wars and real battles.

But, who knows?

I'm going to hazard a guess that he was using hyperbole in order to address the issues of immediacy and longtermism.

But, who knows?

Correct. It's a bit like the dafties that refer to themselves as 'Footsoldiers' in that respect.

And sadly they are desperately missing the point they need some of the 55% to win this 'war' as they put it! Instead they only strengthen the gap between the two with their ignorance.

Potentially these are the people who were staggering around towns across the country with there cans of lager/buckie in hand with 'taps aff' handing out YES leaflets/posters...wow!

I know plenty of No voters going to the game on Saturday who I will not alienate or abuse because they had an opinion and under no certain terms brand them for singing the national anthem. We sang it loud and proud together before therefore this should not change.

Maybe it's 'No thanks' for now but if this kind of behaviour continues towards those who voted no it will never be a Yes... think about it before stereotyping people in the Unionist bracket etc.

If any of those through this post have branded there fellow countrymen/women traitors, scum, not worthy of singing a song or attending a Scotland match regardless of the sport or whatever else if you could please enlighten me how this will benefit the Yes vote in future!?!

And sadly they are desperately missing the point they need some of the 55% to win this 'war' as they put it! Instead they only strengthen the gap between the two with their ignorance.

Potentially these are the people who were staggering around towns across the country with there cans of lager/buckie in hand with 'taps aff' handing out YES leaflets/posters...wow!

I know plenty of No voters going to the game on Saturday who I will not alienate or abuse because they had an opinion and under no certain terms brand them for singing the national anthem. We sang it loud and proud together before therefore this should not change.

Maybe it's 'No thanks' for now but if this kind of behaviour continues towards those who voted no it will never be a Yes... think about it before stereotyping people in the Unionist bracket etc.

If any of those through this post have branded there fellow countrymen/women traitors, scum, not worthy of singing a song or attending a Scotland match regardless of the sport or whatever else if you could please enlighten me how this will benefit the Yes vote in future!?!

Excellent post. Completely agree with you.

I agree with most of this! Good post.

But, who knows?

Agreed but even rhetoric like this, even if intended in a slightly over exaggerated will do nothing to achieving independence in the future and will only serve to alienate those who voted No and will be there on Saturday

:ok:

Agreed but even rhetoric like this, even if intended in a slightly over exaggerated will do nothing to achieving independence in the future and will only serve to alienate those who voted No and will be there on Saturday

And you still think it's "scary"?