Next Poll - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If that was the case, we would have dropped down by 8 or so points. 3 is within the margin of error..... AND WE´RE NOT A MILLION MILES AWAY FROM WHERE WE NEED TO BE!!! (shouted enough at the telly tonight, so thought Id give here a try too ;-) )

Och, if it had dropped by even one point then we would still have the usual suspects bobbing around like the Muppets on speed screaming about a 'blow for Salmond' (and btw, that guy has had more blows than Ron Jeremy over the course of this campaign).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back thplinth!

Just passing through, should be an eventful week.

The odds at the bookies are telling. Far more assured than the polls for a No.

Everyone else is lining up on command but those fukkers are accepting money bets on those very long odds on a Yes, sobering.

I knida wish there is no more polls before the date now. Being 2 points behind will encourage everyone to get out and vote yes anyway.

And if there is a 90% turnout say, it will invalidate all these polls anyway.

I still think the polls are unreliable for both sides..... How can we have had polls with 20point No leads around 8-10 weeks ago and now they all show 4-6% gaps.......

Totally meaningless

I don't think the bookies are just balancing the book on a lot of No bets anymore. They are actively betting against it it seems. To offer such long odds on something like this is almost bizarre, so you have to wonder what makes them so confident.

The BBC can talk shit all day long but if you think a bookie is talking shit you can go in place a bet and take them to the cleaners. They put their money where their mouth is. So i take their views seriously. It is an oddity...(ha ha)

I don't think the bookies are just balancing the book on a lot of No bets anymore. They are actively betting against it it seems. To offer such long odds on something like this is almost bizarre, so you have to wonder what makes them so confident.

The BBC can talk shit all day long but if you think a bookie is talking shit you can go in place a bet and take them to the cleaners. They put their money where their mouth is. So i take their views seriously. It is an oddity...(ha ha)

sorry man..... your new avatar makes me feel nauseous

Odds at the bookies will be influenced by people in the south suddenly waking up and joining the fray...

were the SNP still not long odds to win in 2011 a week before the election?

They do get it wrong.....how on earth can they accurately gauge what 4 million individuals are thinking? They can look at the form of a horse, on a particular race course , in particular underfoot conditions and current form but cannot possibly have any computer software to accurately know what individuals are thinking and their voting intentions

They do get it wrong.....how on earth can they accurately gauge what 4 million individuals are thinking? They can look at the form of a horse, on a particular race course , in particular underfoot conditions and current form but cannot possibly have any computer software to accurately know what individuals are thinking and their voting intentions

I have not been following the details of betting patterns and someone else can better answer the details.

Just saying that if there are any changes in betting in the last week, some of it could be due to new entrants to the referendum question market.

Yes is without a doubt the value bet at these odds.

70 seats came out of nowhere. This in comparison is 'easier'.

Hope is not lost, far from it.

Everyday will be a like a month now. We are all going to be aged by this...

Yes is without a doubt the value bet at these odds.

70 seats came out of nowhere. This in comparison is 'easier'.

Hope is not lost, far from it.

Everyday will be a like a month now. We are all going to be aged by this...

your not joking. genuinely drained at the end of each day. Absolute Roller Coaster, especially last 10 days, its been like the Italy game at Hampden.

At every step Salmond and the SNP have defied the odds and achieved the improbable.

The fact the SNP won 70 seats in a parliament designed to specifically prevent it...which in turn meant we could secure this amazing referendum that most of us would never have dreamed possible seems almost like a dream. Even now in the eye of this hurricane I still marvel at the fact this is actually happening. Win or lose it is a stunning achievement by the SNP and in particular Alex Salmond and if YES triumphs he will in my view be the greatest Scot who has ever lived.

All along the way they have snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat and all along the way they have had every newspaper and media outlet against them. It is the SNP versus every other party and every other thing you can possibly imagine at this point.

Basically it is set up nicely for us again. :wink2:

Fukk em, vote Yes.

Can anyone witnessing all of this have any doubt that vote rigging is a real risk. They have already broken every rule in the book and the stakes could not be higher. Plan B will be to simply lie about the result. I just can't see these kunts accepting a YES.

Surely that would take unrealistic levels of collusion?