Next Poll - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sky News this morning had the latest poll for Survation as 48% No, 42% Yes, 10% undecided

Probably their last poll, next one due out at 10.30pm. Smithson on twitter has trailled it as "sensational" though given where he's coming from that could mean anything

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would hardly describe an increased yes vote as very interesting unless they want to downplay it.

You dont half talk some sh1te Eddard.

In the context of Survation, most polls have cluttered around the mid to high 40s, with the only movement being towards No (4 points), followed by a reversion to the mean (4 in favour of Yes). Otherwise, no movement.

Any movement above 50% for Yes would be huge in this case, especially since Panelbase didnt replicate the current Yes swing.

You dont half talk some sh1te Eddard.

In the context of Survation, most polls have cluttered around the mid to high 40s, with the only movement being towards No (4 points), followed by a reversion to the mean (4 in favour of Yes). Otherwise, no movement.

Any movement above 50% for Yes would be huge in this case, especially since Panelbase didnt replicate the current Yes swing.

Ah the Cybernat abusive response. So predictable. I merely stated that a increase in their lead would be more than very interesting.

Edited by EddardStark

Eddard'a just in the huff.

He's spent months posting condescending, boasting rubbish when the polls showed the cringers ahead.

Now that his beloved union is on the point of breaking up, he's panicking.

not at all . I will dust myself down and support my fellow Scots in making a go of it. Whilst selling my Scottish based shares

Survation spokesman described it as "quite something". Getting concerned re the sudden decision to cancel pmq's may have been due to a quiet word from the Record letting them know it was good for NO. That way tomorrow you will see how they were here then great poll (even tho poll will have been done before).

Then again, I am a pessimistic barsteward.

Survation spokesman described it as "quite something". Getting concerned re the sudden decision to cancel pmq's may have been due to a quiet word from the Record letting them know it was good for NO. That way tomorrow you will see how they were here then great poll (even tho poll will have been done before).

Then again, I am a pessimistic barsteward.

You only make such a decision to cancel PMQs and rush up here if the news was bad (i.e. an increase in Yes). If its an increase in No, then you act with confidence and do nothing at all (like theyve been doing the whole campaign).

Lets see. Cue 5 hours of false tweets being reported :-)

Why has it taken them so long and now all of a sudden they come running trying to get the no vote?

Maybe im being too hopeful and optimistic, but maybe their is a bigger increase in YES than is being reported...............

This could actually be happening folks :ok:

£ apparently taking a bit of a hammering again due to rumours of Survation poll lead for 'Yes'...

Will Osbourne shore up the £ by declaring we will negotiate on CU? If so that's the last great scare story debunked and we can get on with voting 'Yes' and building a better nation.

Really painted themselves into a corner here!

Guest faircity

I'm with Eddard - I think they'd use stronger language than 'interesting' for a yes lead - 'astonishing' or something like that.

It wouldn't be " astonishing" surely given that all polls are generally moving towards yes and have been for some time now.

But trying to guess poll results based on adjectives used on Twitter is a fools errand, I am happy just to wait till they are released and ignore any speculation.

A few selected tweets:

David Clegg @davieclegg · 20m

Phones at the Record ringing off the hook from finance firms wanting to know the details of the poll. Results at 10.30pm tonight. #indyref

Graham Henry ?@grahamhenry · 5 mins

V.intrigued by “sensational” results of @survation #indyref poll tonight… revealed 10.30pm by our Scottish brethren at Record @davieclegg.

Survation @Survation · 9h

Our #indyref figs for @daily_record are VERY interesting @davieclegg will tweet headline numbers first – follow @survation for full info