Next Poll - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 700 sample gave a large Yes lead.

Are you talking about the Ipsos Mori poll released two weeks before the election? It did accurately predict what share of the vote the SNP would get for the constituency and regional list votes, however it also predicted Labour would do better than they actually did, in particular their prediction for Labour share of the vote in the regional list was significantly higher than what they ended up getting (32% vs 26%).

It's worth looking back at the final poll released on the eve of the 2011 election.

YouGov predicted: SNP 42/35 LAB 35/32 CON 11/13 LIB 8/7

The final scores were: SNP 45/44 LAB 32/26 CON 14/12 LIB 8/5

So they underestimated the SNP's regional vote by 9%! They overestimated the Labour vote by similar amounts.

I hope and pray that the pollsters are somehow vastly underestimating the Yes vote in the same way!

I don't know anymore, i'm reading so much at the moment it's hard to remember.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had Ipsos MORI pollsters on the phone. Registered with them that I am a YES voter. Said their poll will be on STV at 6pm on Wednesday. Won't be long now. Yes Yes Yes

FFS given the difficulties in polling for this one would it not make sense to up the sample from a thousand? Every time it is the same 1000 or thereabouts. I'd like to see a 10,000 sample. (Get that bloke from Stage coach to pay.)

There will be a sample of about 4.3 million in a couple of days. jist have patience min.

• Today – 9pm: ICM poll for The Guardian

• Today – 10:30pm: Survation poll for the Scottish Daily Mail

Wednesday 17th – 6pm: Ipsos MORI poll for STV News

Wednesday 17th – Expected well before midnight: YouGov poll

Wednesday 17th – No time yet stated: Opinium poll for The Telegraph

Thursday 18th – No time yet stated, early afternoon expected: Ipsos MORI poll for theEvening Standard