The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Tamb Independence Referendum Results Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In effect Devomax has won the day. There was no appetite to break the Union.

I tend to agree with that.

If Devomax had been a 3rd option on the ballot paper people would have voted for that on droves.

People want change...and when Cameron et al started throwing 'powers' at Scotland it was always going to be enough.

Let's see if they can actually deliver these powers.

Telling for me was Ruthies talk of devolving income tax. Which tax does Scotland raise proportionally less of than the rest of the UK? Why not devolve corporation tax or oil and gas revenues?

Absolutely. Devo-max should be all of these taxes, fuel and alcohol duty, APD etc.

Telling for me was Ruthies talk of devolving income tax. Which tax does Scotland raise proportionally less of than the rest of the UK? Why not devolve corporation tax or oil and gas revenues?

But then they have talked of devolving only part of income tax.

On talk of Devo max, devo max is everything but foreign affairs and defence, this would never come close to being discussed. The substantial powers they talk of is power over the bedroom tax and part of income tax which would likely mean if we varied income tax then Westminster would vary the block grant accordingly. The No campaign have lied through their teeth on these and other issues ably abetted by the print and television journalists who have printed what they are told without even looking into the claims made.