Turnout - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28% by 11am Uddingston Old Parish Mostly No

30% by 9.30am Muirhouse Edinburgh Mostly Yes

50% by 10am Fountain Bridge Edinburgh Mostly Yes

fountain bridge doesnt surprise me. walked through polwarth to get the bus this morning and there are far more yes stickers and posters/ flags out the window. did see some no posters too, but plenty more yes. hope its reflective.

I might be a man of science, but there's nobody going to convince me that a sample of around 1000, and built on the voting intentions of a completely different electoral system, has the slightest clue what is going on.

The fact they pollsters are within the margin of error is because they dont have a clue. Whether they'll fixed their methodology, or something else, they've sat on the fence and given their mates in the UK a wee boost by erring on their side.

The bookies are freaking me out more than the polls.

Hes right to a certain extent.

When there is a low turnout, all the polls go completely out the window.

However with a high turnout, if 100% of the people they expect to vote actually do so, and the pollsters have got their methodology correct, then the polls will be pretty accurate (by and large). Determining how the folk in castlemilk and easterhouse will vote, however, and how many of them will vote, puts a spanner in the works.

The old folks will always get their vote out, that much you can guarantee. However the young, those that dont generally vote, and the poor hold the key to this referendum.

If we get high percentages in the schemes, we'll win. Thats why these turnout numbers are so important.

I might be a man of science, but there's nobody going to convince me that a sample of around 1000, and built on the voting intentions of a completely different electoral system, has the slightest clue what is going on.

The fact they pollsters are within the margin of error is because they dont have a clue. Whether they'll fixed their methodology, or something else, they've sat on the fence and given their mates in the UK a wee boost by erring on their side.

Today is off the scale unprecedented. The bookies, the pollsters, the political 'experts', none of them have a scoobie what's going on. Only those who've been on the ground night after night talking to people on their doorsteps are anywhere near having a handle on it. I've done a wee bit myself (need to fly under the radar campaigning wise as us military types are supposed to be apolotical) but from what I've heard from several different areas, we're not just in this, we're winning it. 65% minimum :ok:

The bookies must be reflecting the amount of money lumped on No elsewhere. Only explanation.

Hopefully we take the Naesayers to the cleaners.

J

Today is off the scale unprecedented. The bookies, the pollsters, the political 'experts', none of them have a scoobie what's going on. Only those who've been on the ground night after night talking to people on their doorsteps are anywhere near having a handle on it. I've done a wee bit myself (need to fly under the radar campaigning wise as us military types are supposed to be apolotical) but from what I've heard from several different areas, we're not just in this, we're winning it. 65% minimum :ok:

I really, really, really hope you are right.

Will be more than happy to buy you a pint or a dram before the Georgia game if we get 60%+ :ok: