Turnout - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

50% + 1 and I'll buy everyone on this board champagne for life. ****

****Maybe

I agree if course Rossy, but how good would it be, how utterly phukin brilliant would it be if we got some sort of really meaningful majority. Just to shut every fecker up.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have went another two years

The only thing that surprised me was that the narrowing did not happen sooner. But Being immersed in it you forget ordinary folk come to this late in comparison. Very late!

We needed the deadline to start the 'quickening'. This is the gamble.

Just been door knocking in Kirkliston, couldnt believe amount of people already voted. Was on polling duty this morning in Ratho, queue of about 15 people as the doors opened at 7am. Great atmosphere at the polls, even been asked for a few Yes Selfies with voters who had just voted Yes.

IPSOS MORI confirm that their opinion polls are no longer valid if turnout in Scotland hits 80% I suspect these extra voters will go for Yes

6:47pm - 18 Sep 14

This is fascinating. For months - for years - the main argument against independence was that there was little demand for it. For months we've seen people crowing about poll results. And then we learn, that in certain circumstances, the polls are not valid....

I know everyone on here would know this, for polls in general, but the specific figure of 80% is 'electrifying'. People have suspected for weeks the turnout could be over 80% but I don't remember people saying at that point the polls would go out the window.

It must be the 'silent majority' speaking up!

My wife went to vote there and the sign said 61% had voted at 6pm and there was still a steady flow of people.

Aye there was a steady flow between 10:00 and 13:00 with a good turnout of first time voters.

Any idea with the Ally McCoist Complex figures? - hmm that does sound odd!

Today is off the scale unprecedented. The bookies, the pollsters, the political 'experts', none of them have a scoobie what's going on. Only those who've been on the ground night after night talking to people on their doorsteps are anywhere near having a handle on it. I've done a wee bit myself (need to fly under the radar campaigning wise as us military types are supposed to be apolotical) but from what I've heard from several different areas, we're not just in this,

we're winning it. 65% minimum :ok:

I know who you are. Haha!

I am 45 next month and today was the 2nd time I have ever voted. I was undecided until a couple of weeks ago, but today I was 100%, no doubt about it a YES.

Discussions with friends, family and colleagues has been very encouraging and I do not know of a single person who is not using their vote.