Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hibernian will be in serious shit for what happened to Wallace, that can't be doubted.

do you think Rangers should also be in trouble because of their fans actions? There's a video on the go where a stupid hibs fan goes for a Rangers fan on the pitch but hes then set upon by by 5 or 6 Rangers fans kicking the shit out of him. There's another on here of a Rangers fan running on the pitch from the stand to hit someone.

Surely you agree that both clubs she use be in trouble because of their fans actions?

Both clubs will be punished and it will be deserved. Going on previous pitch invasions I'd expect Hibs to be really hammered and Rangers less so.

Assuming the Rangers players have been assaulted I'd expect an extra punishment for Hibs.

I also expect somebody in the security company to get their backside kicked too.

10 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I'm sure it was a good game for everyone else mate. I thought we were really really poor for long spells. When you play like that, you deserve bugger all so cant be too upset. 

As for the other stuff I'm sure it will all come out in the next week or so anyway and I'm also sure a few on here will be filing for divorce over it. :)

Well played Sir :ok: 

Defeat with dignity, I can learn from you :lol: 

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody has denied they were assaulted.

Yes they have. OLAS in particular can't see passed the end of his nose.

Quite a few other posters have just been implying it's all lies.

If this had been the other way about this place would be organising a possee to go burn down Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

They are only following instructions from on high.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-statement-2/

Could maybe take that seriously if their own fans didnt include a massive element of absolute scum. Rangers victim card today is somewhat justified, but by hell are they making the most of it. Mopetastic.

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Both clubs will be punished and it will be deserved. Going on previous pitch invasions I'd expect Hibs to be really hammered and Rangers less so.

Assuming the Rangers players have been assaulted I'd expect an extra punishment for Hibs.

I also expect somebody in the security company to get their backside kicked too.

I understand why the Hibs fans came on the pitch - they'd just won the cup after 114 years.

Why did the Rangers fans come on the pitch if not to fight?

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I understand why the Hibs fans came on the pitch - they'd just won the cup after 114 years.

Probably after watching their players get attacked, In no way condones it.

Links a few pages back

23 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Could maybe take that seriously if their own fans didnt include a massive element of absolute scum. Rangers victim card today is somewhat justified, but by hell are they making the most of it. Mopetastic.

Justified?

Hibs are hardly innocent and if players were attacked then that is a serious issue. But did any Hibs fans actually go into the Rangers end to fight? The only fighting betweeen fans occured because the Rangers fans also went onto the pitch. The Ranger fans didn't go on to the pitch to celebrate, they went on to fight with the Hibs fans.

How are they a victim?

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It really makes it all the weirder that Hibs are still in the Championship next season.

And in Europe now, i think.

Anyway, if today does convince anyone why we need a bigger top league, nothing will

Ps- mutch better game than the English or German cup games

Edited by Stu101

9 minutes ago, giblet said:

Just been to Easter Road to see the team arrive.  

On way home on the tram now to sink a few beers and watch it all over again.

Well done sir. Enjoy it, cos it will be another 114 year before you win another one.

6 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Justified?

Hibs are hardly innocent and if players were attacked then that is a serious issue. But did any Hibs fans actually go into the Rangers end to fight? The only fighting betweeen fans occured because the Rangers fans also went onto the pitch. The Ranger fans didn't go on to the pitch to celebrate, they went on to fight with the Hibs fans.

How are they a victim?

In the matter of fairness (prepares tin hat),the video seems to show players getting belted about as soon as the crowd started gathering in the pitch,it was being talked about from the commentators. 

Both are as bad as each other,but if everyone stayed where they were,we would be talking about a hoodoo bust and the guy that made the million hour countdown for hibs winning the cup feeling rather silly :lol:

Just had 2 and a bit days to go........

http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1464075900000/europe-london/dhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Hibs_Million_Hour_Cup_Countdown

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Anyway, if today does convince anyone why we need a bigger top league, nothing will

Ps- mutch better game than the English or German cup games

We've needed a bigger top league for about 10 years now. 

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

I believe so and thats why it is so important they won today. The thought of The Rangers fans travelling europe for the first time under their new guise terrified me no end. In addition, the media would have lapped up following the baddies all over europe, so delighted their holidays have been cancelled.

22 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Of course. All the Hibees were just happy and being nice. It's not like they assaulted any players or made straight for the opposition fans to taunt them into a fight?

None of that excuses the Rangers fans that went on the pitch but your view is decidedly biased. 

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

I believe so and thats why it is so important they won today. The thought of The Rangers fans travelling europe for the first time under their new guise terrified me no end. In addition, the media would have lapped up following the baddies all over europe, so delighted their holidays have been cancelled.

I think you'll find it Celtic fans that have been disgraceful at European games recently. UEFA pay for their staff bonuses with Celtic's fines for bad behaviour. 

Some of the footage posted does not make good viewing for Rangers. 

Of course the Hibs fans should not have invaded and goaded the Rangers fans or damaged the pitch and they'll be hammered for both but what was the reason for Rangers fans going onto the park?

Given the amount of cameras there plus mobile footage being loaded onto the net I suspect a number of fans from both clubs can expect a chap on the door from plod in the near future.